Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:42 AM, Mearns Saint said:

I wonder if we might go in for Ian McShane that's been told he can move on at Ross County. Did Fowler work with him at QOS where he was excellent?

who'da thought it?..................meeeeeeeeee'da thought it :P

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, linwood buddie said:

Did Vaughan score against us in the 1-1 draw at home when Loy missed the pen? If so he was a tidy wee player and did play out wide.

He did yes, he then proceeded to do the thing that I hate footballer players doing more than anything!  He ran over to the family stand and did a wee fanny dance to the kids. 

I detest that.

That was one of the first things I started to hate about Scott Brown, that and his weasel face.  Yes weasel faced Scott Brown, how I laughed when Franco Miranda backslapped your weasel faced coupon you weasel faced, horrible, hateful and despicable little rat.  

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

According to my sources (P&B) , it seems we're still looking at bringing Harry Davies back . I thought that deal was dead . Good news if he's fit and it's true .

I hope there's been a change of plan then 'cos JR told me that Harry was signing for a club in England. His dad , Steve , was appointed at Orient this week , thought he'd probably end up there !

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

I hope there's been a change of plan then 'cos JR told me that Harry was signing for a club in England. His dad , Steve , was appointed at Orient this week , thought he'd probably end up there !

He's better than the National League, surely?

23 minutes ago, billyg said:

Things can change quickly in football mate.

it was Hartlepool Davis was signing for I think but it didn't happen.

11 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He's better than the National League, surely?

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

Things can change quickly in football mate.

it was Hartlepool Davis was signing for I think but it didn't happen.

He only left Crewe to come here on loan 'cos his dad got the bullet so you would imagine Orient would be interested. National league or not they're a big club who will pay good money !

47 minutes ago, billyg said:

He only left Crewe to come here on loan 'cos his dad got the bullet so you would imagine Orient would be interested. National league or not they're a big club who will pay good money !

They're not that big a club mate. Had a feeling all summer Harry would be back here. The injury has been the only thing holding it back imo.

59 minutes ago, Soctty said:

They're not that big a club mate. Had a feeling all summer Harry would be back here. The injury has been the only thing holding it back imo.

Orient will pay way in excess of what we will and they have the lure of London which is attractive to a lot of players. I'm not sure the standard in our league is much better than the National League !

All that said I hope we get Davis (assuming he gets fully fit - no point bumping Quinn to bring in another crock) as it gives us more cover at CB

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Orient will pay way in excess of what we will and they have the lure of London which is attractive to a lot of players. I'm not sure the standard in our league is much better than the National League !

All that said I hope we get Davis (assuming he gets fully fit - no point bumping Quinn to bring in another crock) as it gives us more cover at CB

Thought they were knee deep in debt and on the point of being wound up last season? Paying high wages has led to many non EPL teams being rooked financially. 

All very well having the lure of Landan but you will also have the Landan prices property wise. If he stays in Engerlund, will he play in front of 40,000 like he did this year in the Scottish Cup? If he comes great, if he doesn't, ach well.

44 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

They pull in barely any more fans than us, won't be getting much if anything in the way of TV money down in the National. Not sure living in London on a wage the likes of which Harry will be getting is a bonus. Expensive place to live.

They pull in barely any more fans than us, won't be getting much if anything in the way of TV money down in the National. Not sure living in London on a wage the likes of which Harry will be getting is a bonus. Expensive place to live.

Orient got bought over a few weeks back after almost folding completely. My understanding though is that they are still skint and won't be shelling out money on big wages

28 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Thought they were knee deep in debt and on the point of being wound up last season? Paying high wages has led to many non EPL teams being rooked financially.

Correct but since when did being up to the eyeballs in debt ever stop English clubs spending !

It would be interesting to see their wage bill but we never will so all speculation.

4 hours ago, Mearns Saint said:

Orient got bought over a few weeks back after almost folding completely. My understanding though is that they are still skint and won't be shelling out money on big wages

Their new owner is the guy in charge of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins. Being able to offer donuts and ice cream as a signing on fee trumps anything any Scottish club can offer.

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Their new owner is the guy in charge of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins. Being able to offer donuts and ice cream as a signing on fee trumps anything any Scottish club can offer.

Careful now....

that sounds uncannily like EBTs.....

8 hours ago, melmac said:

All very well having the lure of Landan but you will also have the Landan prices property wise. If he stays in Engerlund, will he play in front of 40,000 like he did this year in the Scottish Cup? If he comes great, if he doesn't, ach well.

Presumably he will if they get drawn away against the likes of Man United, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, etc, etc, etc, etc?

55 minutes ago, melmac said:

Aye, what's the chances though?

Depends on who he signs for in England presumably?

Incidentally, last season was our first visit to Parkhead in the Scottish Cup in 14 years.

Orient played Arsenal in a FA Cup tie at the Emirates in 2011. Attendance was 59,631.

Edited by mcdowell76