Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I see that Soulimanye Coulibally, formerly of Kilmarnock and sold to an Egyptian club for £1m, is training with Hurlford.

Their manager is Darren Henderson, whose son plays for our U-16  pro-youth team.

A tenuous link I know, but might be worth offering him training facilities.

I remember he left Egypt in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, so registration etc. might be a problem.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I see that Soulimanye Coulibally, formerly of Kilmarnock and sold to an Egyptian club for £1m, is training with Hurlford.

Their manager is Darren Henderson, whose son plays for our U-16  pro-youth team.

A tenuous link I know, but might be worth offering him training facilities.

I remember he left Egypt in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, so registration etc. might be a problem.

Hmm,  22 years old, 8 Clubs in 4 years .  Methinks problems. <_<

On 12/11/2017 at 1:18 PM, John Gotti said:

I assume Killie are letting him stay in one of their club flats next to Rugby Park while he trains with Hurlford, to give him time to sort out his registration so he can sign for Killie.

That makes sense. I think Stevie Clarke is going to be the best thing that's happened to Killie since the Killie pie.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, John Gotti said:

I assume Killie are letting him stay in one of their club flats next to Rugby Park while he trains with Hurlford, to give him time to sort out his registration so he can sign for Killie.

Wouldn't it just be easier to train with Killie?

19 hours ago, FTOF said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to train with Killie?

Absolutely but the reported fee of £800K is maybe being paid in installments and Killie don't want them to stop payment by openly offering training facilities to a player in contract dispute with that club. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like there's going to be a wee shuffle next month.

Hilson and McCart you'd imagine would be away. 1 or 2 of Sutton, Kirkpatrick and Duffy as well possibly?

I've seen Liam Henderson mentioned as a possible incoming. Rory Loy an interesting one as well. I'm sure he'd jump at a loan until the end of the season but maybe he burnt his bridges back in the summer....

25 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Hilson and McCart you'd imagine would be away. 1 or 2 of Sutton, Kirkpatrick and Duffy as well possibly?

I've seen Liam Henderson mentioned as a possible incoming. Rory Loy an interesting one as well. I'm sure he'd jump at a loan until the end of the season but maybe he burnt his bridges back in the summer....

I forgot he was here.

9 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

McCart is definitely away. The loan was only for 90 days so runs out on 26th December. Agree on Hilson too. I'd imagine Duffy and Sutton will be priority to move on permanently and one of Kirkpatrick, Stewart or possibly Todd (for game time if fit) will be loaned out. 

It's been mentioned on P&B that we are also going to be bringing in a holding midfielder who was formerly with Crewe. 

I'd imagine Duffy would be off. Sutton I'd like to keep, Kirkpatrick I'm not bothered about, if he frees up a wage it'd probably be worth letting him go. I can't see what position we're really crying out to strengthen.

2 decent keepers.

If Gary Mack is going to be fit, we're more than covered at centre half.

We've got 2 good full backs on each side.

Possibly look a bit light in the centre of the park if we lost McGinn or McShane to injury/suspension, so the holding mid rumour makes sense.

On the wing we've got Morgan, Magennis, Hilson, Todd and young O'Keefe. I've seen things from both Hilson and Todd that suggest they'd be valuable if fit.

Cammy Smith is a stick on at No. 10, Kirkpatrick could cover if needed, but would have to be replaced if he was allowed to move on.

Reilly's a class act and Sutton still contributes well when he plays. Duffy we haven't really seen and Stewart looks quite a way off being ready, can see him being loaned out.

In short, maybe a holding mid, maybe an attacking mid and maybe a striker (depending on who leaves)