Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

20 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Celtic midfielder Eboue Kouassi is wanted by Bundesliga side Werder Bremen and Belgian duo Genk and Standard Liege as the Scottish champions consider a loan deal for the 20-year-old.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42563029

That's that humped then. I thought he might go to a bigger club than us,  but maybe not Werder Bremen big. I see Ostersunds are after Henderson as well, most likely out of that race too (If we were ever in it).

Of the other ones doing the rounds, I'd happily take Hippolyte. As much as he's a bit of a diver, he's a good player and I'm sure Jack and James could coach the cheat out of him.  In a weird way he'd also be a partial solution to our lack of depth in centre mid. He could play on the right if required to let Magennis move into his more natural centre mid role and provide some competition for McGinn and McShane.

18 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

That's that humped then. I thought he might go to a bigger club than us,  but maybe not Werder Bremen big. I see Ostersunds are after Henderson as well, most likely out of that race too (If we were ever in it).

Of the other ones doing the rounds, I'd happily take Hippolyte. As much as he's a bit of a diver, he's a good player and I'm sure Jack and James could coach the cheat out of him.  In a weird way he'd also be a partial solution to our lack of depth in centre mid. He could play on the right if required to let Magennis move into his more natural centre mid role and provide some competition for McGinn and McShane.

If we are to sign a wide midfielder from our division I'd much rather we signed Josh Mullin at Livingston. I rate him far higher than Hippolyte and he has a better end product imo.

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hearing we are about to offload another player  :)

Given the smile, I'm guessing it might be big John.

Personally, I'd much rather see the back of Duffy.

Edited by Drew

Just now, Drew said:

Given the smile, I'm guessing it might be big John.

Personally, I'd much rather see the back of Duffy.

You are being unfair there Drew.  :) . I would also like to see Duffy leave - I heard there was an Indian team wanting him. And I believe we have another striker in the pipeline who is big, strong and 10 years younger with a good scoring record. Remains to be seen if we can clear enough space for him but am hopeful.

Dont understand what your gripe is with Sammy, did a ginger kid steal your sweeties or something?

Against Utd he saved a penalty and a clean sheet, Against Ton he had no chance to save their goal but made several other good stops.

We cannot afford a world class goalie nor do we need one as we are in the Scottish championship, hopefully Prem next season and Sammy is good enough for either of those.

He has played 2-3 games more than some of the keepers around him and kept as many clean sheets (6 for absence of doubt). This table is based on the percentage but I would argue he should be at least in 3rd place in the division for cleansheets.

Mark Ridgers Mark Ridgers
Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC
17 8 47,1 %
Alan Martin Alan Martin
Queen of the South FC
18 7 38,9 %
Neil Alexander Neil Alexander
Livingston FC
17 6 35,3 %
Harry Lewis Harry Lewis
Dundee United FC
18 6 33,3 %
Craig Samson Craig Samson
St. Mirren FC
20 6 30,0 %

SS

Edited by Swiss_Saint
addittional info

Clean sheets are irrelevant. 

How many would he have with the Brechin defence in front of him? 

Saving a penalty is irrelevant. Worse goalies have saved penalties. 

He is not the worst Saints goalie. Fridge, Ridgers and Gilmour were diabolical. 

Samson is marginally better but has too many howlers, just like at Cappielow. 

In a 'FlareyBob Styley'

I can exclusivey reveal there is little evidence to suggest we may be going in for big brutish striker Botti Biabi, as his loan spell at Hamilton ends and his parent club want to see him develop at a club playing progressive football.

he certainly looks the part of ideal foil for Reilly, Morgan & Smith, a very mobile big lad.

6 hours ago, Mearns Saint said:

Could be an excellent piece of business for them. I'd take him, even if just to avoid Utd getting him

Not the same player that left them, thats for sure............

Wee Derek at Argylle doesn't rate him, and look at how good Carey has become for them

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not speculation, simply a question.

Tony Watt (& his attitude problem) has told his agent he wants to come home. Would you have him ?

Could JR be the one who finally sorts him out or would he be too much of a disruptive influence ? 

Nah.

High maintenance is one thing, but a high maintenance player who hasn't really achieved much having demonstrated real potential is another thing altogether.

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not speculation, simply a question.

Tony Watt (& his attitude problem) has told his agent he wants to come home. Would you have him ?

Could JR be the one who finally sorts him out or would he be too much of a disruptive influence ? 

No. Living off 1 goal scored years ago.