Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Last throw of the dice for them.

If they stay down, they're fucked.

Not the first club in Scotland to have administration as a possible outcome..not even the first in Dundee. 

A look at the accounts might show that the directors are owed less by the club than they were a few years ago.

Things are not always what they seem.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't see how this would be possible. He's on a season long loan deal at Dundee and is playing regularly. Surely Celtic wouldn't recall him to pap him out to us.

It could be that Rodgers prefers Jack's methods and football philosophy and believes Allan would benefit more playing beside footballers rather than hatchet men.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It could be that Rodgers prefers Jack's methods and football philosophy and believes Allan would benefit more playing beside footballers rather than hatchet men.

Or, it could be that we're agreeing to pay a nominal fee to bring him in permanently.

I certainly can't see it being a loan deal.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Or, it could be that we're agreeing to pay a nominal fee to bring him in permanently.

I think Allan would need to be pretty positive we'll have Premier league status to agree a permanent  move to us.

ETA. It could be a mixture. We get him on loan till season end and both parties can progress or move on/

Edited by stlucifer

53 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The wage hike he received by moving to Celtic from Hibs, I doubt we could match anything near those wages.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Not according to their chairman. 

They will have to give up their training ground in St.Andrews and pay the going rate for championship players, as opposed to the over inflated rate that they are at present.

Start of a slippery slope for a club that has been overspending for years.

Edited by FTOF

6 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Signed for Fleetwood today.

I heard the Fleetwood chairman on the BBC yesterday saying that they had made in the region of £600K due to their recent cup successes.

Most clubs would find it hard to compete with that amount of wealth.