Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

Yet we give Mullen a 2.5 year deal!

I suspect Reilly wants a barrel load of money - there were games he scored good goals, but there were also games where he worked hard with no end product too. 

Mullen will be financially easier to have in our squad, freeing up some cash for others - but I think he will be a squad player, assuming that we will sign someone who can play up top and be really decent at Premiership level.  (It is a big assumption - but it would be crazy if we don't!) Mullen will have a role to play harassing defenders and coming on with fresh legs I suspect. (Isn't he better than Stewart and at least as good as the Hyppo?) I think comparing him to Reilly and their strike rates previously, especially when he started to get a starting run in the 1st team, showed that we were no worse off - he won penalties (3 I think) and as a team we averaged more goals with him than with Reilly...

So we gave him a deal when it was not certain that we would get promoted. With the level going up for St. Mirren in the Premiership, the quality of who we sign from here on in needs to also. This inevitably should push a few of the current squad down the pecking order also... that is how we will improve and no true Saints fan wants us to fail to do that???

3 hours ago, melmac said:

One suspects that the reason he was dropped earlier in the season was because he indicated to the club he was not staying after this season. Fair play to him but you wonder who advises some of these players.

He's a grown man, he shouldn't need anyone to advise him. He should be making the right decision abour these things himself. 

Will be a big loss if we lose him.

52 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Heard that we had enquired concerning Craig Sibbald… don't know if it is true, but would make some sense - I think he is decent and could do us a job..

Signing for Livy according to Radio Scotland.

Likewise will be raging if we miss out ( again ).  We need to get this managerial position sorted RFN
Someone quoted Tony Fitzpatrick on here he said that they would take all this week to assess applications and it would be next week at earliest before an appointment is made.

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

And more player news to follow! Livi having more fun than us at the moment.

Administration by Christmas.  

Really not fussed about Sibbald. He wasn't consistent enough in the Championship never mind stepping up a level. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Administration by Christmas.  

Really not fussed about Sibbald. He wasn't consistent enough in the Championship never mind stepping up a level. 

I thought he was inconsistent last season in a very poor Falkirk side but was very impressive in past seasons. Bit of an edge to him as well. Ah well. We wait a bit longer for the Saints to start marching.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

Signing for Livy according to Radio Scotland.

They don't have a manager also - and surely a lower budget than us???

Oops it seems they have signed him - we could not have pursued it hard enough?

Edited by Sweeper07

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

They don't have a manager also - and surely a lower budget than us???

Oops it seems they have signed him - we could not have pursued it hard enough?

Who suggested we were pursuing it at all?

Folk just need to calm down a wee bit.

19 minutes ago, Drew said:

Who suggested we were pursuing it at all?

Folk just need to calm down a wee bit.

calm-down.jpg

Although I sense it's too late for that.

Well pished breeks abound.

Edited by FTOF