Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

21 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Jim McAllister has recently bought a house in the area

I see he's currently at Blackpool

Rothesay boy recently heard he has not been playing due to a broken leg don't know much else. Jim is not the most skill full player but he works very hard looks after hime self does not drink. See if I can find anything out as I get milk from his uncles farm.

Was told today McAllister has lived in the Paisley area since his Morton days still under contract with Blackpool. His wife is moving up here while he has been living in a hotel In Blackpool. Will get more info but from what I was told will not be moving to Saints. 

3 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Daily Record reporting that Sutton was given the opportunity to move onto Raith Rovers or Dumbarton, but has opted to stay with us.

Surely the best option for John at this stage is to move on. 

I know we will be paying more than either side could afford but I'd imagine we'd be open to subsidise a percentage of his wage for the last 6 months of his contract in order to free up a space on the bill. 

Was told today McAllister has lived in the Paisley area since his Morton days still under contract with Blackpool. His wife is moving up here while he has been living in a hotel In Blackpool. Will get more info but from what I was told will not be moving to Saints. 

Yeah, his wife & kids have moved back due to his wife’s job. Jim is staying down south.

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

Chico was on Off the Ball last night and inferred the following -

Hypo coming to St Mirren.

(John) McGinn going to Celtic

Sutton going to Dumbarton (although  ITK Sons fans on P&B says he has already rejected a move)

Morgan will be with us until the end of the season and maybe longer

None of the above is new information but first time I have heard it from a 'journalist' - does that give it more or less weight?

28 minutes ago, Sonny said:

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER

Chico was on Off the Ball last night and inferred the following -

Hypo coming to St Mirren.

(John) McGinn going to Celtic

Sutton going to Dumbarton (although  ITK Sons fans on P&B says he has already rejected a move)

Morgan will be with us until the end of the season and maybe longer

None of the above is new information but first time I have heard it from a 'journalist' - does that give it more or less weight?

Chick is notoriously ill-informed in these things.

Pinch of salt, I'd suggest.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Not disagreeing Drew - just threw it out there. Already confirmed Sutton isn't going on loan to the Sons.

Absolutely, mate.

I note from P&B that it is almost certain that Loy is heading out the door at Falkirk. I'm pretty ambivalent about the idea of him returning to Saints. Not because I have an issue with his decision to sign for them in the summer, but more to do with not being 100% sure that he'll offer a great deal.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Absolutely, mate.

I note from P&B that it is almost certain that Loy is heading out the door at Falkirk. I'm pretty ambivalent about the idea of him returning to Saints. Not because I have an issue with his decision to sign for them in the summer, but more to do with not being 100% sure that he'll offer a great deal.

Tough one about Loy. He was good for us the last couple of  months with his workrate and holding up the ball and a few important goals. The question is what went wrong at Falkirk? I get that him and Hartley may not get on but what about the first half of the season under Houston? If his previous problems have been resolved I'd give him 6 months to prove himself.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Tough one about Loy. He was good for us the last couple of  months with his workrate and holding up the ball and a few important goals. The question is what went wrong at Falkirk? I get that him and Hartley may not get on but what about the first half of the season under Houston? If his previous problems have been resolved I'd give him 6 months to prove himself.

Aye, that might work. He is in danger of becoming a bit of a nomad, at what would be a difficult time in his career.

Loy took a wee while to get going for us, but made a good contribution latterly. Whether he could replicate his late season form would have to be a question. I wouldn't be unduly fussed either way if he signed.

43 minutes ago, Drew said:

Probably end up at Dumbarton, if Sutton has knocked them back.    

Under Houston he played 6 league games in a struggling team. He got 2 assists in that, while Falkirk as a team struggled. He's someone who fits into Jack's way of playing and would be good competition for the other front players. If Sutton goes he'd be a much better option.