jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

19 hours ago, Drew said:

If I were to be greedy, I would still quite like to see a defensive midfielder sign. I appreciate that Hill can play in this area, but it would help with squad balance if we signed someone up who is established in this position.

I see that Paul Paton has been released/mutually consented by St Johnstone. Can't say I know much about him, or whether he is any good, but know he plays in this position.

I was was of the same opinion However Flynn on the right let's Josh into the middle he is scared of nothing and can throw his weight about. 

Div saying on twitter some key players are on the verge of signing new deals, we any idea who? Would obviously like to see Reilly sign on as soon as possible, not sure who else is coming close to the end of their contracts.

19 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

every one deserves a second chance,a have been saying his name Since January,a would definitely give him a chance,be a great signing

He would be a terrible signing.

He's very fortunate to have been given any chance at all in the lower leagues. He deserves nothing from St Mirren, and I hope he never sets foot in our stadium.

Alan Lithgow at centre half, David Robertson in midfield with Goodwillie up front alongside Chad Evans.

That would see us sorted for next season.

He would be a terrible signing.
He's very fortunate to have been given any chance at all in the lower leagues. He deserves nothing from St Mirren, and I hope he never sets foot in our stadium.

Totally agree, do not want him . Should be given no chance in football

35 minutes ago, zico said:

Alan Lithgow at centre half, David Robertson in midfield with Goodwillie up front alongside Chad Evans.

That would see us sorted for next season.

Ched Evans was found not guilty at his retrial after new evidence was considered.

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Ched Evans was found not guilty at his retrial after new evidence was considered.

Goodwillie's case didn't even reach a criminal court!

40 minutes ago, zico said:

Goodwillie's case didn't even reach a criminal court!

BUT he is not good enough... think that is the main issue for us...

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

BUT he is not good enough... think that is the main issue for us...

2 points.

1. I wasn't actually being serious

2. I don't think that is the main issue....

51 minutes ago, zico said:

2 points.

1. I wasn't actually being serious

2. I don't think that is the main issue....

Fine that you were not being serious BUT if we are seriously considering players - stating the obvious - ones who are good enough are of real interest.

This area where players or any man get out of hand with women is not amusing in the slightest - I take the point that some are not convicted or charged etc... but no doubt many who have too much money in their pockets and think that they are God's gift to women can certainly be out of hand or worse...

As a club we should send a clear message that this is never acceptable

39 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Fine that you were not being serious BUT if we are seriously considering players - stating the obvious - ones who are good enough are of real interest.

This area where players or any man get out of hand with women is not amusing in the slightest - I take the point that some are not convicted or charged etc... but no doubt many who have too much money in their pockets and think that they are God's gift to women can certainly be out of hand or worse...

Agreed.

46 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

With the obvious exception of  "Frankie Boy " :D

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not only was my original post not actually serious, it was an attempt at sarcasm regarding the very speculation that we might sign Goodwillie.

I agree with what you are saying!

13 minutes ago, zico said:

Not only was my original post not actually serious, it was an attempt at sarcasm regarding the very speculation that we might sign Goodwillie.

I agree with what you are saying!

You widnae know sarcasm if it slapped you in the face. 

We'd be better signing you, Weewillie. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

With the obvious exception of  "Frankie Boy " :D

You can't compare Frankie Boy to Badwillie......even in jest.