Ralston Resident's Action Group Against St. Mirren

Ralston Playing Fields

Are you affected by the St. Mirren Development of the playing fields?

In relation to the Development, have you any issues with any of the following:

Car Parking

Erection / Installtion of Water Tank

Floodlights

Foul Language

Industrial Use of Playing Fields

Loss of Privacy

Valuation of House

Cavalier Use of Herbicide

Excess Traffic

Football being kicked over fence

Generator

Loss of Amenity

Noise

Is no one listening to your complaint?

If you want to air your views, why not join other concerned residents

At

Ralston Community Centre

Allanton Avenue

on

Tuesday, 15th September 2009

from 7.30pm

The objective is to form a Residents' Action Group which will fully respresent your views and speak for you with both Renfrewshire Council and St. Mirren FC

Edited by Gary Blues

The above is taken from a leaflet that my dad (who lives in Ralston) gave me. Thought it might interest a few folk - particularly as the meeting is tomorrow night.

Its incredible - you buy a house next to a football pitch and then complain when they..... er, play football on it!

Good to see nothing changed in Rolston, FFS dont they know we not that scum

from Greenock, I think us playing/training there might add value to there little

corner of Paisley, as for balls getting kicked over fence either kick em back

or keep em

The above is taken from a leaflet that my dad (who lives in Ralston) gave me. Thought it might interest a few folk - particularly as the meeting is tomorrow night.

Its incredible - you buy a house next to a football pitch and then complain when they..... er, play football on it!

Have they got nothing better to do the boring stuck up twats :angry:

Cavalier Use of Herbicide.......................

So the groundsman's a Royalist...................................

So's most of Ralston, Tory voting Butty Boys.......................

If by 'herbicide' they mean weedkiller and by 'cavalier' they mean lots,

what does it matter to them unless , of course we going to do there lawns as well

what a nonscense over nothing

It is in our power to cut down swearing and we should do all we can to make sure there is as little of it as possible.

It is no joke living within hearing distance of a football pitch....and imagine that every morning.

But. still.....stuff their action group!

Edited by farmer john

Car Parking

Floodlights

Foul Language

Loss of Privacy

Valuation of House

Excess Traffic

Generator

Loss of Amenity

Noise

A list of 13 potential concerns when in fact they only have one single concern. Conveniently placed smack in the middle of the list to make it appear of no more significance than any of the others. How transparent !! Don't you just love "Industrial Use of Playing Fields" being given more prominence in the list than "Valuation of House". :lol:

I don't get the "valuation of house" bit. The football pitches have been there for at least 30 years. Why has it not been a concern before? The floolights have always been there.

I think the problem is that they have become used to the facility being unused and that its being used they are up in arms!

Why buy a house next to a football pitch if you don't want to live next door to a football pitch?

I don't get the "valuation of house" bit. The football pitches have been there for at least 30 years. Why has it not been a concern before? The floolights have always been there.

I think the problem is that they have become used to the facility being unused and that its being used they are up in arms!

Why buy a house next to a football pitch if you don't want to live next door to a football pitch?

I believe the Ralstonian dweller type will be concerned about the rather artisan , not to say agricultural language of the participants using the facility. I can see the concern of their double glazing units not eliminating all the callous vocabulary.

Or imagine having a barbee , quoffing some Sauv Blanc and all you can hear is the grunt and swear from the training ground. Now I believe they are also concerned about the coothy youth that will descend on Ralston to watch the players training. Can you imagine the grief associated with all these sooped up Novas being double parked.

Next they'll be Ice Cream vans and Burger dispensers calling out to all and sundry. I mean that will put a right downer on a traditional end semi :P

I can just hear Susan the Jogger now :lol:

Ralston Community Centre

from 7.30pm

i live in the west end, just off Maxwelton, but i think i might go... after all, i'd like to 'air my views' about this pish. bunch of moaning n'erdowells!!! Probably most of them can be found along the road at Ibr*x on any given sat afternoon!

Shameful!

on a serious note, we should try and be good neighbours. I'm sure the club will listen to their concerns. The only thing sure to get them even angrier will be to listen, smile and try to ameliorate their concerns.

On the other hand, have the "activists" actually approached the club? I cant believe they wouldnt get a sympathetic hearing.

The list looks like an extract from the daily mail book on how to be outraged at absolutely everything. Write down 2 genuine concerns then flesh your list out with another 20 that "could" happen.

On the plus side, perhaps we'll be treated to the delightful company of "jogging susan" on here once more

I'm dying to find out what constitutes "industrial use of playing fields"

Edited by spirit of 77

They are a bit late with their pish. They should have got themselves organised a bit better when it was in the planning stage. In five years time most of them will be dead anyway. Crinkled old cadavers.

now it's open, the only way they can affect the running is to bombard the polis with complaints and also try to beef up spurious allegations that the planning consents are being abused.

I hate these cocks who think because they have a desk job they have the ability to influence absolutely everything, perhaps their biggest loss is that they have to clean their labradoodles shit off the pavement now that they lost their unofficiel doggyloo.

on a serious note, we should try and be good neighbours. I'm sure the club will listen to their concerns. The only thing sure to get them even angrier will be to listen, smile and try to ameliorate their concerns.

On the other hand, have the "activists" actually approached the club? I cant believe they wouldnt get a sympathetic hearing.

The list looks like an extract from the daily mail book on how to be outraged at absolutely everything. Write down 2 genuine concerns then flesh your list out with another 20 that "could" happen.

On the plus side, perhaps we'll be treated to the delightful company of "jogging susan" on here once more

I'm dying to find out what constitutes "industrial use of playing fields"

That'll be the sound of Higdon lumbering along the astroturf.

Ralston Playing Fields

Are you affected by the St. Mirren Development of the playing fields?

In relation to the Development, have you any issues with any of the following:

Car Parking

Floodlights

Foul Language

Loss of Privacy

Valuation of House

Excess Traffic

Generator

Loss of Amenity

Noise

At

Ralston Community Centre

Allanton Avenue

on

from 7.30pm

The objective is to form a Residents' Action Group which will fully respresent your views and speak for you with both Renfrewshire Council and St. Mirren FC

Looking at this again , it is quite amusing , its just classic nimbyism - wonder if Robert 'dont call me Bob' will be speaking............hmm , no doubt at all , thats a stick on :rolleyes:

'Football being kicked over fence'............................I assume then the residents are aware of St Mirrens threat to all greenhouses when free kicks are awarded. That'll be the tomato crop gubbed again then.

If SG attends this meeting and offers a few comply tickets the good citizens of village Ralston will gleefully snap them up , job done. It's all just inverted snobbery. Folk wanting something for nothing , the complaining and suing mentality , the me me me strikes again.

If they really had a few quid about them they wouldn't be lording it up in Spam Valley, foaming at the gash about a public meeting. This is like those gentlefolk ( aye right ) who book the cheapest of holidays then spend all the time complaining. Its actually quite petty and bitter.

I'm sure as well a lot of the jumped up Penilee brigade are Rangers fans anyway

:)