Sunny Foxbar Saint

I met Derek on a few occasions and he was a true buddie. Last time we shared a pint was in Paddies about a year ago after the last game at Love St. He arrived with Toon Saint in the middle of an alcohol frenzy with the Sandman and me and was polite enough to join in. HHiBSS joined in as well but had to leave before the question of "who's round is it noo" arose.

Thoughts are with Derek's family and thanks for the memories.

I never met Derek. But I've spoken to him many, many times through this internet forum, and especially through the Personal Message facility (often via messages I received un-prompted from him), and I felt that I did get to know him a bit through that - for he was always courteous, friendly, humorous, and thoroughly decent. A real mensch. From the foregoing posts from those who really did know the man in person, I can see that my impressions were absolutely spot on. What a terrible shock to all of his friends and family to lose him so precipitately.

I'm truly sad that he has gone - but what a great Saints man he surely was. I'm very pleased that I did get to know him, if only slightly. Good that he lived, but crap that he's dead. It's a bit obvious to say so, but we need to concentrate on the former to help us to get on with the time we've got left. I'm raising a glass to Derek's memory now.

Cheers C C , Derek would have been proud of your input ? I will keep all board Members up to date with the Arangements Ect , In The meantime - Let's Raise a Glass in Memory of SFS ( Derek ) RIP M8 !

My dad was friends with Derek from the tile bar bus and ive always thought he was a sound guy

the tragic news puts things and life into perspective really

For me you follow your team throughout the country and the guys you go with or get to know throughout the years mean as much - more as the team you represent - you are all their for the one cause and share the joys, highs and lows of it all.

Thesedays when we all seem to have a moan about the current saints side / players and management etc - its sad that a guy who has followed them for so many years has lost his life going and on the day of going to watch the team he loves.

:(

For the time ive known and spoken with derek ive always found him to be a true saint, nice guy and one who went everywhere on the bus and i too was shocked when i heard the news - the bus will not be the same.

RIP Derek

Thesedays when we all seem to have a moan about the current saints side / players and management etc - its sad that a guy who has followed them for so many years has lost his life going and on the day of going to watch the team he loves.

Very true mark - Thats 2 people in the space of 24 hours Ive know that have tragically gone and left us here to miss them but remember them for the good people that they were.

My missus woke me up at 01:00am Sat to tell me that a friend of mine 31year old had just died with a massive heart attack we were in complete shock then this news tonight after the game totally knocked me for more than I was already knocked.... I even showed the oldest WYDJnr Dereks photo and he remembers him and the wee man had a wee tear in his eye while I opened up a wee drink and had a few to a few friends now gone :(

Paisley Saint gabe me a call a few hours after the game and broke this news shocked to say the least!!

Over the past four or five years I've known Derek its been a pleasure,A more humble,down to earth guy you will never meet a true saint and a true lover of this forum!!!Its been an honur to of Known him.

R.I.P Sunny Foxbar Saint :( xx

Heard the sad news in Paddys after the game.Derek was indeed a gentleman and will be sorely missed.Will never forget that comedy face of his,he could pull a face for every occasion,Far too often the letters R I P are posted on here for people who mean nothing to us...............

R I P Derek Menzies :(

One of my best mates... I am totally gutted. Can't believe it. The Tile will never be the same again... it was a really eerie experience in the pub after the game when the news filtered through - we were all just speechless and in shock, I'm still in shock.

Delboy - love you buddie, gone but NEVER forgotten mate.

John.

I got a text just as i has about to start my work tonight. Iread it about 4 times and couldn't take it in i had to phone sandman and he was in shock as he already heard.

Derek this world will be a poorer place without you you'll be greatly missed by everyone who knew you. I hope your looking down on us with a guiness in one hand and a smoke in the other. A true buddie for life!!!!

My thoughts are with your family at this horrible time.

REST IN PEACE DEREK. You'll never be forgotten

Edited by cambo1877

I'd be up for sticking in a few quid for a brick or some such.

One thing I like about this place, although we all think of each other as bawbags at times, there is a sense of camaraderie between the support, especially on the forum.

Again, RIP buddie, you'll be missed on here and by the sounds of it, in The Tile also.

God bless.

Absolutely shocking news. First met him many moons ago in Langs when I was a regular in there with Scotty Conroy and had the pleasure of sharing a pint or two with him on occasions. A good laugh and if you cut him open the guy would bleed black and white. I'm sure from memory he told me that he was the founder member of the Bobby Dawson Loyal which comprised a clapped out Ford Sierra!

RIP Derek. Thoughts are with your family and your mates in the Tile Bar :(

Woke up this morning to the terrible news that Derek has passed away.He was an original member of the Northbank Aggro.A stalwart of the Tile Bar Bus and a good all round guy.I just cant take it in and my thoughts are with his family and friends more especially Neil Kennedy and big John Conway and his close St Mirren family.God bless you Derek.You will never be forgotten.

Very true mark - Thats 2 people in the space of 24 hours Ive know that have tragically gone and left us here to miss them but remember them for the good people that they were.

My missus woke me up at 01:00am Sat to tell me that a friend of mine 31year old had just died with a massive heart attack we were in complete shock then this news tonight after the game totally knocked me for more than I was already knocked....

Gutted mate, John was a top bloke who'll be missed by many. Couldn't believe it when I heard that news. :(:(

Toon Saint called me last night to tell me of this tragic news

Like many here i really only knew SFS through this site , however was fortunate to share a pint with the man on an excellent night in Warrington with Toon Saint, Derek and the rest of the boys after the Wigan game pre season.

As part of the Saints online community i'd gladly throw in a fiver towards a brick for SFS who was an entertaining poster and loyal STMIRREN FAN

Edited by Liverpool Bud