Michael Laletin

Going by all the comments about this guy I thought he might have been worth another game to see how he would fare against better opposition.

He wasnt spectacular, a wee bit one footed at times and was put under a bit of pressure a few times but he was a threat from set pieces and skelped the bar with a header. I suppose its up to DL at the end of the day.

Maybe he didn't want another game on trial.

We'll probably never know.

Problem was in that respect I guess that he was flying back to Germany this morning, and DL knew it would be a risky signing and we are on a budget this season and if we had signed him we would have had to accomodate him somewhere, which would have perhaps used up vital cash.

I thought he was worth another look, but I suppose DL knows what he wants and needs and will identify other potential targets.

Four IMO, with one of them being an experienced central defender.

Innes like, but younger would do.

Whatever Mair and Potter lack it's not experience. In fact a sizable number of the squad are advanced in years - Brady, Dargo, Murray, Thomson and Wardlaw laugh.gif are all over 30. Even guys like Robb & Van Zanten are 28.

Excluding possible new arrivals of the guys likely (IMO anyway wacko.gif ) to start for us next season only Barron and Travner are under 25. I'd be looking for a players in the 25-30 age bracket.

I'd be looking for a players in the 25-30 age bracket.

Hence why I said , like Innes but younger.

You are correct we do have experience,but lack a bit of quality to go with it.

As Billy said, an injury free Severin would have been ideal.

On the basis we wanted 20 outfield players, there is still space for another five to come in if you don't count Love, McShane etc but do count Bradley.

Another centre half and proper replacements for Dorman and Mehmet are the minimum we need. Ideally a proper right winger and some more cover on the left (because there's no way Robb will stay fit from now until the end of September, let alone the end of the year) would take us to the magic number.

On the basis we wanted 20 outfield players, there is still space for another five to come in if you don't count Love, McShane etc but do count Bradley.

Another centre half and proper replacements for Dorman and Mehmet are the minimum we need. Ideally a proper right winger and some more cover on the left (because there's no way Robb will stay fit from now until the end of September, let alone the end of the year) would take us to the magic number.

I'll make the bold prediction that Robb will miraculously find a resilience which has eluded him thus far in his career!

Guest TPAFKATS

I'll make the bold prediction that Robb will miraculously find a resilience which has eluded him thus far in his career!

... until the ink dries on a new contract?

Doesn't make sense. What does wardlaw's signing have to do with O'Donnell coming in? Completely different players. :unsure:

i think DL's possibly been put off buy O'Donnells reluctance to come on trial, i'd stil have liked to have seen flood in a saints jersey though.

Edited by JamieSMFC

Afraid not...........

german dudes offski says danny

Today's PDX has an interview with DL where he states he may be worth another look. He's going to have a chat with Jenkins and the other coaching staff before a decision is made - he says.....

I thought he did ok against Ayr and he may be invited back at a later date - the problem with foreign players is that you have to find them somewhere to live and there's also the question of how much you want to eat into your transfer budget.

.....he also seems to have been quite impressed with Sean Lynch, but confirms he's continuing to monitor all trialists before coming to a decision.

Today's PDX has an interview with DL where he states he may be worth another look. He's going to have a chat with Jenkins and the other coaching staff before a decision is made - he says.....

.....he also seems to have been quite impressed with Sean Lynch, but confirms he's continuing to monitor all trialists before coming to a decision.

It's obviously quite hard to judge players on 45 minutes in torrential rain, but Laletin looked (IMO) by far the best player out of all the trialists.

In case you've missed it , we've signed Marc McAusland , which puts paid to any deal for the German I would have thought !