Dear Gus

I think therein lies the crux of the problem. If Gus had lost the semi-final against Hearts 1-0 or Rangers had run all over the top of us in the final and won 3-0 supporters like you wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

To use the cup final defeat as ammo against Gus shows a very strange sense of priorities.

The club needs to be in the SPL. Gus kept us there for 5 seasons. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't particularly exciting but he did it.

In the last couple of seasons we also had decent cup runs to the Scottish Semis and the League Cup Final. That's a real bonus.

Do you remember how you felt when you left Fir Park having seen us beat Hearts or how you felt after we pumped Motherwell by three goals or indeed how you felt later in the season as we put four past Celtic ?

I hope Danny gives us some memorable days and nights as St.Mirren gaffer.

I hope so too, Div. I really, really do want this appointment to work. I've seen some of the comments aimed at Lennon, and they are not just on here. I won't stoop to that as it doesn't achieve anything.

But..........................

I really fear Lennon is turning into another version of Mowbray and Eddie May. Talks a good game, wants to do the right things, really positive, wants to play the game the right way etc, but found completely wanting in terms of man-management and tactics. I deeply suspect this might prove to be his undoing. It's a results driven business I'm afraid as we all know and the modern fan's patience levels are not generous in abundance any more, so if we lose our next two games leaving us adrift even at this early stage, then the cacaphony of angst headed Lennon's way will be irresistable.

Just an observation, mind.

I hope so too, Div. I really, really do want this appointment to work. I've seen some of the comments aimed at Lennon, and they are not just on here. I won't stoop to that as it doesn't achieve anything.

But..........................

I really fear Lennon is turning into another version of Mowbray and Eddie May. Talks a good game, wants to do the right things, really positive, wants to play the game the right way etc, but found completely wanting in terms of man-management and tactics. I deeply suspect this might prove to be his undoing. It's a results driven business I'm afraid as we all know and the modern fan's patience levels are not generous in abundance any more, so if we lose our next two games leaving us adrift even at this early stage, then the cacaphony of angst headed Lennon's way will be irresistable.

Just an observation, mind.

you are losing me there ,wants to play good football ?,if we were playing good football and getting beat ,he might get a bit of leeway but we are actually playing worse than we were under gus

I think therein lies the crux of the problem. If Gus had lost the semi-final against Hearts 1-0 or Rangers had run all over the top of us in the final and won 3-0 supporters like you wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

To use the cup final defeat as ammo against Gus shows a very strange sense of priorities.

The club needs to be in the SPL. Gus kept us there for 5 seasons. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't particularly exciting but he did it.

In the last couple of seasons we also had decent cup runs to the Scottish Semis and the League Cup Final. That's a real bonus.

Do you remember how you felt when you left Fir Park having seen us beat Hearts or how you felt after we pumped Motherwell by three goals or indeed how you felt later in the season as we put four past Celtic ?

I hope Danny gives us some memorable days and nights as St.Mirren gaffer.

Supporters like me?

What exactly do you mean by that Div?

You might well argue that Gus kept us in the SPL, but it was by a bawhair, and it was wasn't inspiring in any way. I'm not using the cup final defeat as ammo against Gus. I don't need to. He turned the gun on himself that afternoon.

You choose to highlight 3 memorable matches, but I could easily highlight the 5-1 thrashing at home against Falkirk, or the cup defeats against St Johnstone and East Fife etc...etc...

What strikes me as bizarre is the fact that a poor run of performances and results under our new manager seems to have people calling for a return to the Gus era. Many people were of the view that Gus' time was up at St Mirren. The fact that we're struggling just now and are likely to continue to do that, doesn't mean that we should be looking to turn the clock back. I was scunnered with our football under Gus. I'm currently scunnered with our football under Lennon, but that doesn't have me looking back with nostalgia to the recent past, when we were equally shite for much of the time.

Edited by Drew

you are losing me there ,wants to play good football ?,if we were playing good football and getting beat ,he might get a bit of leeway but we are actually playing worse than we were under gus

That's the point I was trying to make. On a par with May and Mowbray when they were appointed to their respective positions, Danny talked about trying to play positive, exciting football when first interviewed after being appointed. But, again like May, he can talk the talk, but is failing to walk the walk big time. As you rightly pointed out, what I saw today was worse than under Gus. In fact, I felt I was taken back in time and thought I was watching the Saints we knew and loved under Coughlin.

We don't look like an SPL side. In fact, I'd say we looked more like a bottom end First Division team. That's how rank rotten we actually were.

Guest TPAFKATS

Every season under gus we went on runs when we didnt know when the next goal/point/win was going to come.

I'm not saying that the current run is good, only that the current manager needs to be given time.

A fluke 3 goals vs Motherwell, lucky to stay up by a goal and losing to 9 man Rangers in the CIS Cup Final. Yeah, Gus was f**king great.

We all battered on about his inability to get someone who was fit, about bringing in duds and about failing to get a left sided player. DL has tackled some of that, but to do all of it he'd have needed to clear out the entire team and really didn't have the time to do so. I'm sure he's well aware he's inexperienced, but he's being let down by a whole series of players who should know better.

Dargo isn't fit, Higdon isn't fit and Barron has been out so you can remove them from blame for now. Every other Gus signing left at the club has f**ked up so far this season. I doubt DL thought Brady would be such a lazy shit, you can also imagine that Brady would have been trying pre-season as he knew no other SPL contract was out there waiting for him. SG mentions a small cut in the budget, but it must have been torn to shreds so as to remove the 300K deficit.

We lost Dorman, McGowan is pretty much supposed to be the replacement for him. We also lost Mehmet, you could argue Wardlaw is supposed to be a replacement and let's be honest Mehmet couldn't have done much more with the service this season. Urine Tankard should be a direct replacement for not having a left back, Hegarty at least has a left foot instead of Brady or Murray in there, Thomson is injured, Murray is obviously struggling and shouldn't be out there, Lynch is really just a squad signing and McQuade/McCluskey should at least offer something on the right. There's a lot of ifs, but just as many as with Gus really...just that at the moment a lot of the cracks Gus papered over appear to have finally turned into huge holes.

shite but doing enough to stay up ,but do you think this team look like they can do enough to stay up ,i really hope so but the signs dont look too good

No idea - but how long could we have tolerated the shite we were being served up in any event?

There's every chance that Lennon won't cut it, but that's no reason to look backwards.

We looked like an average 1st Division side today, but we've looked like an average 1st Division side for years. The BoD have taken a gamble, and there's every chance that it won't pay off. Sometimes gambles have to be taken though, or you just stand still. We could slide backwards, but that was as likely under the previous manager IMO.

I'm not one to slate gus, as I think he done a good job for us up to a point, but I was sick and tired of his brand of football. He had 7 seasons, though, Lennon has had 6 matches so far. I've not given up on him just yet.

Gus kept us up by the skin of our teeth with a greater budget than DL has for this season so its a bit optimistic to assume that we would be guaranteed survival with him this season :unsure:

Correct. The Sainted Gus would be struggling right now under the current restraints.

havnt given up on him either but another signing today who looks so lightweight and small ,unfortunately small weak teams are not what is needed in the spl

McCluskey did look lightweight, but he has good feet, and managed to make a few telling passes. He got 20 minutes or so today so let's reserve judgement.

To be honest, we are probably in for a torrid season, but that's hardly a shocking revelation. I'd hoped for better, but didn't necessarily expect it.

this is a steep learning curve for Lennon and Jenkins. It's a huge step-up, but they deserve more time to get things right. If they fail, then it's over to the BoD to make a decision. ICT have proved that relegation needn't be an absolute disaster. Of course we must avoid that fate at all costs, but someone has to go down. Maybe it's our turn, as we've been flirting with it for years.

its actually quite funny. for 2/3 years the boo boys kept telling us that gus was going to get us relegated. we never did. now he's gone they are saying that we would have got relegated had he stayed! :lol:

the mess we're now in has nothing to do with gus. every club around us has cut their budget and lost players. its lennon's team and its shite.

we should do what motherwell did with gannon last season and get shot of him now before its too late.

its actually quite funny. for 2/3 years the boo boys kept telling us that gus was going to get us relegated. we never did. now he's gone they are saying that we would have got relegated had he stayed! :lol:

the mess we're now in has nothing to do with gus. every club around us has cut their budget and lost players. its lennon's team and its shite.

we should do what motherwell did with gannon last season and get shot of him now before its too late.

excuse us for breathing ,seen every minute of competitive play since lennon took over and apart from 25 minutes against united and the last 15 minutes today we are totally rubbish ,nothing going forward ,midfielders who cant pass forward and defence that cant defend add to that gallagher now looking ropey every game thats about 3-4 goals am putting down to him ,if we could see a bit of improvement or a little bit of light we may well get behind him but we are seeing nothing but inept performances from a team thats just not good enough

Spot on.

A fluke 3 goals vs Motherwell, lucky to stay up by a goal and losing to 9 man Rangers in the CIS Cup Final. Yeah, Gus was f**king great.

We all battered on about his inability to get someone who was fit, about bringing in duds and about failing to get a left sided player. DL has tackled some of that, but to do all of it he'd have needed to clear out the entire team and really didn't have the time to do so. I'm sure he's well aware he's inexperienced, but he's being let down by a whole series of players who should know better.

Dargo isn't fit, Higdon isn't fit and Barron has been out so you can remove them from blame for now. Every other Gus signing left at the club has f**ked up so far this season. I doubt DL thought Brady would be such a lazy shit, you can also imagine that Brady would have been trying pre-season as he knew no other SPL contract was out there waiting for him. SG mentions a small cut in the budget, but it must have been torn to shreds so as to remove the 300K deficit.

We lost Dorman, McGowan is pretty much supposed to be the replacement for him. We also lost Mehmet, you could argue Wardlaw is supposed to be a replacement and let's be honest Mehmet couldn't have done much more with the service this season. Urine Tankard should be a direct replacement for not having a left back, Hegarty at least has a left foot instead of Brady or Murray in there, Thomson is injured, Murray is obviously struggling and shouldn't be out there, Lynch is really just a squad signing and McQuade/McCluskey should at least offer something on the right. There's a lot of ifs, but just as many as with Gus really...just that at the moment a lot of the cracks Gus papered over appear to have finally turned into huge holes.

Gus brought us from relegation candidates to the second division, to the spl, kept us there, with no money to work on. He got us to scottish cup semi final and cis cup final. I would say that was pretty great! You cant deny that.

Dear Gus,

I apologise sincerely about thinking the grass would be greener without you at the helm of our magnificent club, Please accept my apology and return to the club and inform this deluded clueless illiterate little man who thought bringing in the population of Cowdenbeath would improve us as a team. :angry:

At least with you in charge we would stay in the division by the skin of our teeth and not be humiliated every week not just some weeks, I am afraid to say i think we are well and trully done for. :(

Please come back to us and save us Gus,

Your least favourite fan in the past now your biggest

fan

Mr Knickersh*tter

:rolleyes:

Your a tadger :)