The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Well yea i guess... I didn't realise communication would be lost on here by a few spelling mistakes but now I know better. So to all the wisely world of Paisley and Renfrewshire I salute your Indefatagability.

Thanks Reborn, Bluto now has a new spelling muse to stalk. :P

Cheers for the reply to my rant.......I'm glad to see everything is still on track and i still think the people you are dealing with should have come to a decision by now. If it is not the special case of St Mirren becoming a 52% cic then I have no idea why (as the criteria you set has been met) there is a delay.

St mirren is not becoming 52% cic. It will remain a ltd company

Thanks for your comment. We appreciate that it has been quiet from the 10000hours for a week or two now, but believe me it has been busy in the background and we will be sending out update info to the "pledger" etc later today.

However I can assure you that the the "not owning 100% of the club and how the money can be legally spent" is not an issue from a funding perspective, at all.

10000hours

Fed up with the delay Richard...season starts soon .....Get it done or walk away, Set a deadline for goodness sake!

Fed up with the delay Richard...season starts soon .....Get it done or walk away, Set a deadline for goodness sake!

Needs to wait on a response from the other fundings. Apparently 10000Hours have missed at least two deadlines set by the selling consortium over the past 12 months so it would be amusing if the CIC decided to start setting them.

Edited by Stu

What difference does it make if it takes another few weeks or even another couple of months ? :blink:

What difference does it make if it takes another few weeks or even another couple of months ? :blink:

Richard Atkinson did say at one of the CIC meetings that if the deal wasn't done by August then it wasn't happening…

Not sure whether he would still stick to that though.

Good question. One one level, probably none. On another, it depends on the level and extent of commitment of investors who can drift away from drawn-out multilateral arrangements where the basis of their original commitment was a a conditional "I will , if you will..." if their confidence wanes on the ability of the CIC to nail it down.

Edited by Barney63

Richard Atkinson did say at one of the CIC meetings that if the deal wasn't done by August then it wasn't happening…

Not sure whether he would still stick to that though.

It may not be a case of him sticking to it - it may be that he was expecting a final answer from all the investors by august, one way or another.

It ultimately doesn't make a difference to the fans or individual members although as has already been mentioned, the corporate or community members may become impatient with the lack of return they are getting on their pledge (which by all accounts means a lot more than the individual pledges).

I think with £1.2m of funding agreed already and the supporters interest having been confirmed way past the numbers required it would seem to me that the only thing that could stop the takeover from happening now would be if the last remaining funding panel declared themselves out.

I think the CIC guys are expecting the answer they need in July, but they also thought they would get it in June. Guess they, the selling consortium, and the fans interested in getting involved will just need to be patient !

I think with £1.2m of funding agreed already and the supporters interest having been confirmed way past the numbers required it would seem to me that the only thing that could stop the takeover from happening now would be if the last remaining funding panel declared themselves out.

If it's that fragile an edifice would a wee draught not simply topple it? Surely RA had reserves/options in case of such an eventuality? All the eggs in one basket will make a crap (and wickery) omelette...

I think the CIC guys are expecting the answer they need in July, but they also thought they would get it in June. Guess they, the selling consortium, and the fans interested in getting involved will just need to be patient !

Not June... not July.... maybe August? How about September?

Or December. It's like waiting for Santa... or, as Yul seems to insist, actually believing in Santa. SG must have concerns...

Richard said 2/3rds of the way through when I spoke to him on Friday, which could mean it's very close as you can obviously load a task with short timescale with high importance.

Only 2/3rds? But still waiting on an anonymous organisation?

I look forward to seeing how

Sidley conjures up some happy-clappy crap to paste over the cracking veneer...

Being like Barca is a nice idea and much preferable to a Reg Brealey takeover, but this appears to be going a wee bit Micky Mouse...

Edited by bluto

Now there's a key word in all this palaver...........................

Now there's a key word in all this palaver...........................

Is fans interest that fragile that they would walk away if the deal isn't completed soon?

Surely something is either a good idea or it's not. I'd always question the sanity of someone who could make so much of a commitment to an idea that they would send their bank details to someone they don't know - only to change their mind later when nothing has changed. :rolleyes:

Is fans interest that fragile that they would walk away if the deal isn't completed soon?

Surely something is either a good idea or it's not. I'd always question the sanity of someone who could make so much of a commitment to an idea that they would send their bank details to someone they don't know - only to change their mind later when nothing has changed. :rolleyes:

No - 'something' is much more likely to be nuanced, shades of grey, not (forgive the obvious) simply black or white. I can see positives in this idea, but for its instigation to now apparently be reliant on an anonymous, non-committing, single funder, with no apparent (or confused) dates for resolution, surely it's not unreasonable for there to be concerns?

RA worked for a long time to "get a lot of it into place" before going public. A lot of Buddies HAVE committed on hearing the idea, believing it to be 'good'.

So... what now? What's the delay.

Is the game a bogey - if there's no completion by August by a final solo funder?

Is there no fall-back position?:o

No - 'something' is much more likely to be nuanced, shades of grey, not (forgive the obvious) simply black or white. I can see positives in this idea, but for its instigation to now apparently be reliant on an anonymous, non-committing, single funder, with no apparent (or confused) dates for resolution, surely it's not unreasonable for there to be concerns?

RA worked for a long time to "get a lot of it into place" before going public. A lot of Buddies HAVE committed on hearing the idea, believing it to be 'good'.

Is the game a bogey - if there's no completion by August by a final solo funder?

Unfortunately bureaucratic government organisations meet at irregular intervals to determine which projects receive funding. I'd be surprised if the proposals managed to get past every organisation apart from the very last one. It's totally outwith the CIC's control at this point though.

Bluto - I've no idea who the funder is but having dealt with grant funding on a much smaller scale for a silly wee juvenile football club I know that often it's a case of submitting the forms and waiting until someone makes a decision. Sometimes they come back to you for more information, and sometimes you get positive feedback but always, always it takes time. 10000hours won't be in a position of having leverage.

I don't know the situation regarding other organisations the CIC could apply to for funding - the SEN market is moving all the time and more and more people are interested in getting involved in those kind of organisations but yeah it could well be the case that there are no other alternatives and that if the funder doesn't come up with the money the deals bust - but so what? It's not like there's a long line of alternatives and a delay doesn't make this a bad idea.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Well as a supporter of the cic it makes a huge difference to me. There seems to be no reason for the delay as the criteria for the completion was set down in advance. I have imagined some difficulties which could have led to delay but 10000hrs have dismissed them and I am quite happy to take them at their word. This can only be about the funding bodies timescales which have no relevance in the modern world and makes it look like we are begging for their approval which is not the case. I repeat again set an end date or walk away.

Don't understand what the big concern is as it is widely known the waiting game is for the last bit of founding.

Would understand if the CIC was injecting £2 million in to the team.

Things will be much the same for the next 10 years. Then when the loans are paid of we should see progress.

Well as a supporter of the cic it makes a huge difference to me. There seems to be no reason for the delay as the criteria for the completion was set down in advance. I have imagined some difficulties which could have led to delay but 10000hrs have dismissed them and I am quite happy to take them at their word. This can only be about the funding bodies timescales which have no relevance in the modern world and makes it look like we are begging for their approval which is not the case. I repeat again set an end date or walk away.

Can't you read the posts that mention why the deal is taking as long as it is?dry.gif