Your alternative option to the CIC

pozbaird

I've never seen any CIC processes, how could I possibly comment on how things would work? I've commented on how they might work or how I'd like to see them work.

Which is exactly the point being made. With one failed attempt in the bag, 10000hrs need to be very specific in terms of the their plans. To date there has been very little in the way of detail and when it all started going wrong for them of late rather than fessing up they tried to hide it from the fans they claim to be representing the interests of. It has hardly been the transparency that we were promised. Whilst we should be approaching this with an open mind and a supportive perspective the time for blind faith has now passed. They need to start as they promise to go on and be transparent with their CIC partners rather than hiding behind powerpoint / silence / Internet aliases.

It's worth what someone/group will pay for it. If that aint £2m they it's not worth it! Simplesthumbup2.gif

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the new SPL deal. With that money now all but guaranteed for the next five years St Mirren football club is even less of a risk than it was before. SG and the consortium will be in even less of a hurry to move on now. The threat of lower TV money would perhaps have been a pressure point in terms of lowering their price. With that removed they are in fact in a stronger position.

Guest somner9

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the new SPL deal. With that money now all but guaranteed for the next five years St Mirren football club is even less of a risk than it was before. SG and the consortium will be in even less of a hurry to move on now. The threat of lower TV money would perhaps have been a pressure point in terms of lowering their price. With that removed they are in fact in a stronger position.

the position remains the same. No one makes money out of spl teams, and spending £2m minimum upfront ensures that you will be fortunate even with the new tv deal to break even and stay in the spl. The sellers are in the same postion, only fans will take this forward!

the position remains the same. No one makes money out of spl teams, and spending £2m minimum upfront ensures that you will be fortunate even with the new tv deal to break even and stay in the spl. The sellers are in the same postion, only fans will take this forward!

The sellers are not in the same position. Their risk is a lot less than it was. The club is in a stronger financial position than it was. The ten team league proposal is dead on its @rse. The only change in structure now would be a move to a fourteen team league or an extra relegation place. Both of which are changes in our favour.

The guaranteed TV money is a game changer.

The sellers are not in the same position. Their risk is a lot less than it was. The club is in a stronger financial position than it was. The ten team league proposal is dead on its @rse. The only change in structure now would be a move to a fourteen team league or an extra relegation place. Both of which are changes in our favour.

The sellers are in the same position.

There is no queue of dafties desiring to part with £2m for a middle of the road team in the SPHell.

The sellers are in the same position.

There is no queue of dafties desiring to part with £2m for a middle of the road team in the SPHell.

Very true; however the new SPL deal that covers 5 years from season 2012/13 means there is less pressure on the consortium to sell. They can fanny around for years until one of the various interested parties finally produce the target sum of £2M. The only risk to the consortium would be relegation and that is looking unlikely this season. That gives them at least a year to play with under absolutely no pressure whatsoever. If they want £2M they can hang about until someone produces it. As other clubs like Hearts and the Dung continue to collapse financially their position will strengthen further. The likeliehood of us becoming a regular mid-to-top 6 club is looking increasingly likely - not to mention the youth strategy starting to produce sellable talent. St Mirren is the most attractive proposition in the country at the moment. Just last week dafties were slabbering that Scottish football was a busted flush and the TV companies couldn't give a toss about us. Then it's suddenly worth £80M+ for TV companies with a monopoly.

Why are "supporters" so quick to run down our club and its value?

They certainly CAN wait for 4 or 5 years and today's £2m will then, (due to the onhurtling riotous inflation that must surely follow the current quantitive easing as night follows day), be worth much less than £1.8m.

The consortium will be older, no wiser, and poorer.

A few weeks ago dafties were slavering that the Ayr game was a formality, a walkover for DL's fitba magic team to get into the League cup semis.

Fantasists never learn from bitter experience. P

They certainly CAN wait for 4 or 5 years.

So whit yi arguing about then ya auld dafty. tongue.png

The position is as it always has been. The consortium will wait until the bid is right. They will crack on running the club. The TV deal is good news for us. All is well with the St Mirren world.

The idea that the consortium can be pressured into selling the club for a knock down price is the stuff of nonsense. The price tag will keep wasters who can't afford to progress the club out of the running. Not a bad thing. Better a new regime with a plan to progress, than a St Mirren supporter with a plan for debt and risk of our assets. If the former doesn't appear then I'll be more than happy with the status quo for another 4-5 years or even longer.

They certainly CAN wait for 4 or 5 years and today's £2m will then, (due to the onhurtling riotous inflation that must surely follow the current quantitive easing as night follows day), be worth much less than £1.8m.

The consortium will be older, no wiser, and poorer.

A few weeks ago dafties were slavering that the Ayr game was a formality, a walkover for DL's fitba magic team to get into the League cup semis.

Fantasists never learn from bitter experience. P

Well Said Roderick, Some of these Clowns like KTF & Sid, Think that REA ( Tthe Saviour of the Haulage & Construction Industry ) Could / Should / Whas / is The Saviour of SMFC ? where would tricky Dick'y be withoot His Daddy ? Now if it was Young, Andrew Malcolm of WHM - Then I would be impressed , Sadlly It is Not - It's some " Neebur " Who couldnae spell SMFC - Trying to get controll of My Club, By Hook or by Crook ? punk.gif

Guest somner9

Splitting hairs really. The sellers are in the same position, that being they want their £2m in exchange for a controlling interest in SMFC. The Tv deal takes away an uncertainty but there was always going to be a new deal, and just to add a bit of reality it's about half what Sentata were contracted to so nice but not a game changer. What may be a game changer though is the SPL sponsorship deal! Now the TV money goes in the main to the teams on TV! i.e. the ugly sisters! and a flat payment to the rest of us

The league sponshorship is split a little bit more evenely than the TV money, and with that now gone and as yet no replacement: that for clubs like st mirren is a bigger concern. so i think if the price remains £2m net for the sellers there may well be a long wait for a deal.

Splitting hairs really. The sellers are in the same position, that being they want their £2m in exchange for a controlling interest in SMFC. The Tv deal takes away an uncertainty but there was always going to be a new deal, and just to add a bit of reality it's about half what Sentata were contracted to so nice but not a game changer. What may be a game changer though is the SPL sponsorship deal! Now the TV money goes in the main to the teams on TV! i.e. the ugly sisters! and a flat payment to the rest of us

The league sponshorship is split a little bit more evenely than the TV money, and with that now gone and as yet no replacement: that for clubs like st mirren is a bigger concern. so i think if the price remains £2m net for the sellers there may well be a long wait for a deal.

The sellers are in the same position, that being they want their £2m in exchange for a controlling interest in SMFC.

....but only if it's to the right people with the club's best interests at heart and they are of sound character, and are willing and able to take the club forward, building on the good work done by the current, but tired, out of steam, and ready to hand the baton over BOD.

Fixed that for you. thumbup2.gif

Been all for CIC for a while now mostly because it secures the long term future of the club giving the fans a say and hopefully bringing the community closer to the club.

With a meeting being arranged it looks as though CIC still has something to offer , I hope so.

SG and co have done a magnificent job in bringing the club to where it stands proudly today. I'm not against them getting a wee profit for all the hard work put in. However If the selling consortium could work together in bringing the sale price down to 1.5 million I am sure the CIC could meet that figure.

It would achieve the long term future of the club into 'safe hands'. The selling directors could be given free entry and hospitality to St Mirren games for the rest of there day's.

Guest somner9

Been all for CIC for a while now mostly because it secures the long term future of the club giving the fans a say and hopefully bringing the community closer to the club.

With a meeting being arranged it looks as though CIC still has something to offer , I hope so.

SG and co have done a magnificent job in bringing the club to where it stands proudly today. I'm not against them getting a wee profit for all the hard work put in. However If the selling consortium could work together in bringing the sale price down to 1.5 million I am sure the CIC could meet that figure.

It would achieve the long term future of the club into 'safe hands'. The selling directors could be given free entry and hospitality to St Mirren games for the rest of there day's.

Steady on! that sounds like officially sanctioned "sausagerollthievery" for life! thumbup2.gif

I think Doncaster has kept the door open for the 14 team league , mainly for the OF benefit , or more accurately , a contingencey plan for wranglers incase they looked like relegation foder after being docked for going into admin , which , is a distinct possibility per there current fiscal position. There is no way that the SFA would let either of the uglies drop out the league , which is why , l'm sure Doncaster would play the 14 team league card , if required to protect , either of them. .chris.gif

Surely the only other option is for the club to remain up for sale being run as it is now by the same people who failed to come up with any ideas on how to use the big empty spaces within a football ground. Which isn't a bad thing if your main aim is to restrict the air supply to something that needs to breathe. :rolleyes:

Seriously for your own health you need to accept that Gilmour dismissed your business idea and move on with life.

Bitter and twisted does not a happy man make.

Ask St Sid. He named himself after a drug addict and a murderer.

Seriously for your own health you need to accept that Gilmour dismissed your business idea and move on with life.

Bitter and twisted does not a happy man make.

Quite.....we're debt free, 5th in the league, talking confidently of regular top 6 finishes, shiney new stadium, training facilities that are attracting great young players and a manager that is beginning to show signs of SIrAlexesque greatness. When you think of the journey that SG and his team have taken us on to get here it is a remarkable achievement - particularly when you look at the nick of all the other clubs. Long may he reign.

Quite.....we're debt free, 5th in the league, talking confidently of regular top 6 finishes, shiney new stadium, training facilities that are attracting great young players and a manager that is beginning to show signs of SIrAlexesque greatness. When you think of the journey that SG and his team have taken us on to get here it is a remarkable achievement - particularly when you look at the nick of all the other clubs. Long may he reign.

i agree with you on most of this (the siralexesque greatness is stretching it a bit) SG and co, have done extremely well , at one point we were faced with having no money - no stadium - and no hope of a new stadium because the council were looking like vetoing the planning application from tesco to build at love street, SG and co liasing with tesco and asda and the council,along with a crowd of us outside the council buildings and a few emails from myself and others to councillors and letters from myself and others published in the PDE, all i'm sure helped persuade the council to give it the go ahead, we have come on leaps and bounds since then,long may he reign indeed and if not then i'm confident he would not knowingly permit the club to be taken over by wasters

Edited by buddiecat

i agree with you on most of this (the siralexesque greatness is stretching it a bit) SG and co, have done extremely well , at one point we were faced with having no money - no stadium - and no hope of a new stadium because the council were looking like vetoing the planning application from tesco to build at love street, SG and co liasing with tesco and asda and the council,along with a crowd of us outside the council buildings and a few emails from myself and others to councillors and letters from myself and others published in the PDE, all i'm sure helped persuade the council to give it the go ahead, we have come on leaps and bounds since then,long may he reign indeed and if not then i'm confident he would not knowingly permit the club to be taken over by wasters

He is Smoking My Pipe at the Moment ? Buddie CbYou talk my Language ? punk.gif