The Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig Appreciation Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Danny Lennon, we have taken you for granted. We've had some pretty shite refereeing decisions against us, but Kenny Shields embarrassed himself, as did his players by moaning like wee f**king girls, whilst our lionhearts would just get on with it. Great performance, great atmosphere, great manager, great assistant. It's a good time to be a buddie! :D :D :D

Sign of a good coach is recognising issues and fixing them.....last weeks we were all talking about the possession being great but some things not working...

...Samson distribution...magic today and much more alert to early balls...

...final ball into box...Thompson was unlucky not to have 3 or 4 headed goals and Tesselaars cross was class...

...getting the ball forward much quicker....great mix of passing and longer balls today...

...Cheesy...well done after all the criticism you have taken...

Finishing...Should have been five when Teale was through twice and tried to put in Hasselbaink...I will let you off with those as long as we win at least we made those chances.

Well done Danny and Tommy...absolutely lovin' it !!

I was at Rugby Park over 30 years ago and we hit Killie for six.

I broke my leg when I fell on the terracing celebrating that day , f**kin agony it was , I put my hand down to feel it where it hurt and the bone was through the skin ! :-( Still , I watched the rest of the game , was helped onto the bus , went to the RAI at 6pm , and Fraser Marie's sister signed my stookie ! :)

ETA Just looked at the stats there , our victory yesterday means it's 68 victories each in all competitions since the first time we played each other in 1899.

Edited by billyg

I broke my leg when I fell on the terracing celebrating that day , f**kin agony it was , I put my hand down to feel it where it hurt and the bone was through the skin ! :-( Still , I watched the rest of the game , was helped onto the bus , went to the RAI at 6pm , and Fraser Marie's sister signed my stookie ! :)

Was it late 1970's ?

Thanks.

I seem to remember it was near the end of the Season and Attendance was very poor.

You would be right about the attendance though

They had a right pish support those days

The ground was empty apart from the couple of hundred skinheads up at their fence which wasn't closed off at the top.

Plenty of Police Academy scenes when they reached the top

Think this is the problem of taking the merchandising "in-house". We neither have the retail skills, the time, or the money to put in to doing it properly.

We all remember going to the "club shop" at Love Street before AWP got involved. It was the wee locked glass box in the bowels of the Caley stand where the rooted around in boxes for whatever you were after, if there was actually anyone there to open it when you arrived :rolleyes:

I can understand it is difficult to tie up cash in stock, and I can understand that the JD deal is a better one commercially for the club, but it does seem barking that fans are turning up on matchday with good money to spend and being offered next to nothing to buy.

Think this is the problem of taking the merchandising "in-house". We neither have the retail skills, the time, or the money to put in to doing it properly.

We all remember going to the "club shop" at Love Street before AWP got involved. It was the wee locked glass box in the bowels of the Caley stand where the rooted around in boxes for whatever you were after, if there was actually anyone there to open it when you arrived :rolleyes:

I can understand it is difficult to tie up cash in stock, and I can understand that the JD deal is a better one commercially for the club, but it does seem barking that fans are turning up on matchday with good money to spend and being offered next to nothing to buy.

:blink:

You still pished fella? :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...

Ignore the dafties Danny; cup games always throw up these sorts of results. GMP made it to hampden twice employing the exact same tactics as @yr. Just as you learned quickly from last season in the SPL, learn this harsh lesson in cup football and kick on from it. However, don't strap on the suicide bomb of criticising the opposition for outsmarting and outplaying you. Not the done thing old bean. You are quick enough to kiss the OF's @rse - be a good sport and congratulate the opposition. Ayr like us are the good guys. :)