we're buddies from Paisilee....

Ah.... gooooood to be a Buddie.....

and to be there...

Phew.......

4 minutes extra time....

Great header away there from Lee Mair -

Hivs are pressing.....

McQuade sub for Thompson

Tesselaar lets soje thru.... Samson saves....

Ha Ha!!! You on the wrong thread, old yin? :lol::lol: :lol:

As our CIC will be comepleted in the next week or so I can't believe my concerns in the delay regarding the team have been so unfounded. Danny Lennon has secured 2 frormer Internationalists and a certain Nigel Hasselbaink. Although Gus got our hopes up with Dargo and Wyness I think the players we have now are the real deal. I was firmly in the camp of McPherson and I think he lost out when trying to take us forward by the fact Wyness was finished and Dargo injury prone. But Gus would never have played the Danny Lennon way and it is this that can make us great again under a CIC. The CIC will allow us to keep our better players for longer and increase our attendance which must be the priority of the CIC as far as the club is concerned. The catch 22 scenario applies to us in that the fans will only come out on a regular basis if the team is entertaining and winning. To be entertaining and winning you need the money from a hell of a lot more fans paying at the gate!

Edited by reborn saint

Heard an interesting story today at the game. Can St Sid or anyone else or even 1000000000 hours (the length of time this deal is taking) confirm or deny it ???

1) SMISA had first agreed to hand over their £50,000 to Richard Atkinson with unknown conditions.

2) SMISA had a change of heart and said sorry but no thanks.

3) Mr. Gilmour met with SMISA and persuaded them to change their minds again.

Is it true that the CIC funders will not hand over the cash unless a supporter's organisation will back the bid ?

Does it seems OK for Mr. Gilmour to be asking SMISA to hand over their cash to Mr. Atkinson so that he can pass it right on to Mr. Gilmour ?

Are you there Mr. Bell ? Why does the SMISA web site not work ? Is any of this true ?

Heard an interesting story today at the game. Can St Sid or anyone else or even 1000000000 hours (the length of time this deal is taking) confirm or deny it ???

1) SMISA had first agreed to hand over their £50,000 to Richard Atkinson with unknown conditions.

Is it true that the CIC funders will not hand over the cash unless a supporter's organisation will back the bid ?

Does it seems OK for Mr. Gilmour to be asking SMISA to hand over their cash to Mr. Atkinson so that he can pass it right on to Mr. Gilmour ?

Are you there Mr. Bell ? Why does the SMISA web site not work ? Is any of this true ?

You seem to like "stories" rather than facts. SMISA had a vote, their memebers decided to to support the CIC. Unless you are a member, the workings of SMISA are none of your business. If you are a member, take your issues or "stories" up with the appropriate members in a private forum.

You don't do yourself any favours with your mischievious posting style.

Stewart was in with the fans today, totally approachable and certainly not hiding... I think it's relatively obvious what I'm alluding to here.

You seem to like "stories" rather than facts. SMISA had a vote, their memebers decided to to support the CIC. Unless you are a member, the workings of SMISA are none of your business. If you are a member, take your issues or "stories" up with the appropriate members in a private forum.

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooo hit a wee nerve here I think !

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooo hit a wee nerve here I think !

No nerves, I don't have much (in fact any) time for SMISA, but that is just my opinion. Therefore I don't go round telling them how to operate, or picking out their failings. Like I said, how they operate is none of my business.

If indeed you are a member and you come back and tell me you've spoken to those with authority in SMISA and not have a satisfactory response, or genuinely fear that there is something strange going on, then fair enough, I could understand you puting your "story" in the public domain. From the tone of your "story", it doesn't appear you have sought clarification from anyone involved, therefore your "story" appears to be yet another attempt at stirring up trouble.

Am I wrong?

Edited by civilsaint

Typical lack of facts and knowledge from the increasingly more silent Mag7ers... How's Yul, Animal, Animal, Yul?

SMiSA operate a one member, one vote system. All major decisions that they make are reached by majority vote. It is simply impossible, given their constitution, to agree to something, then have a change of heart, then have their arm twisted into it again. Impossible.

Meetings with RA re the Cic were arranged and reasonably attended, a vote on contributing to the CiC was cast and member were balloted. There was not an adequate turnout for the result to stand and so another meeting was arranged followed by another ballot. This time the turnout was much better with the overwhelming majority in favour of SMiSA contributing to the CiC with condition to be negotiated.

That's hw it happened.

Once again, nae luck!

^^^^

verge of tears

More CIC rage. :rolleyes:

I really don't get the need for wild accusation after wild accusation relating to the CIC - especially when they never come to fruition. I also don't get the suggestions that there is some sort of secret CIC society that meets on a regular basis.

I have met REA a couple of times to talk specifically about the CIC. And then in passing at the meetings, and finally at the shirt launch. That is the limit of my involvement in the CIC.

The reality of the CIC is that it is very much an online debate. Offline it must be the least talked about Saints topic. There was a wee flurry of chat when it was first announced - then we got together for the meetings and there was further chat. However, just like the forums here it was pretty much accepted that it was a good idea and REA and his buddies should crack on.

I saw the SMiSA leaders at the game yesterday. It was a how you doing, looking forward to this one chat. No one has much of anything to say about the CIC.

At the height of the CIC controversy - if there ever was one I went to Saints Aid. Again, barely a peep about the CIC.

At the moment all the chat is about the football - and as football supporters that is exactly what you would expect. I go to watch football because I like watching football, not because I have any interest in board room f"kshitc"ntybollox. I'll leave all that nobbery to the c"ntcillor types.

The online CIC debate is simply a great opportunity to noise up easily wound up dafties. :P

No nerves, I don't have much (in fact any) time for SMISA, but that is just my opinion. Therefore I don't go round telling them how to operate, or picking out their failings. Like I said, how they operate is none of my business.

If indeed you are a member and you come back and tell me you've spoken to those with authority in SMISA and not have a satisfactory response, or genuinely fear that there is something strange going on, then fair enough, I could understand you puting your "story" in the public domain. From the tone of your "story", it doesn't appear you have sought clarification from anyone involved, therefore your "story" appears to be yet another attempt at stirring up trouble.

Am I wrong?

Yes you are. I simply asked a few relevant questions and all I seem to get is abuse in return. God help us if this the kind of treatment ordinary (non CIC) supporters can look forward to when you and your friends have taken over the Club I have supported for over 40 years. I do not look forward to being a second class supporter.

Is is so hard for Mr. Bell to tell us all:-

If Mr. Gilmour met with SMISA and persuaded them to change their minds. A simple YES or No would do.

For Mr. Atkinson to tell us:-

I really have to wonder if SMISA members understand that every penny of their money will simply go to Mr. Gilmour and will not financially benefit the club in any way. ?

Yes you are. I simply asked a few relevant questions and all I seem to get is abuse in return. God help us if this the kind of treatment ordinary (non CIC) supporters can look forward to when you and your friends have taken over the Club I have supported for over 40 years. I do not look forward to being a second class supporter.

If Mr. Gilmour met with SMISA and persuaded them to change their minds. A simple YES or No would do.

I really have to wonder if SMISA members understand that every penny of their money will simply go to Mr. Gilmour and will not financially benefit the club in any way. ?

An online alias demanding that named individuals answer their questions in a straightforward transparent manner; you cannae beat it!

Firstly, I have given you no abuse, though you probably deserved it, so don't come on here and play the victim card to avoid replying to my valid points. U must appreciate why people are suspicious of your motives, you have 135 negative posts in the CIC section, with only 17 other posts in the whole forum (not to mention the ones posted under the name of Yul) and expect individuals to dance to your tunes.

The fact that you expect someone from SMISA to come on to a public forum and explain the workings of the group (for a second night in a row) tells a story in itself. I'll refer you back to my points from last night; if you are a member of SMISA speak to those in positions of authority in private first, if you are not a member the workings of SMISA are no business of yours. Why are you so interested in what they do? Explain why Mr Bell (?) should come on here and explain to us all?

Why don't you ask Mr Aitkinson yourself, he has invited you numerous times with an open book approach, yet all you do is give him abuse and slander his reputation. Is it any wonder he hasn't repplied to you recently? Why not pick up the phone or fire off an e-mail?

I'd just like to re-iterate a piece of advice I gave you last night, it may go some way to explaining the rather negative reaction you get from what appear to be other "ordinary" fans:-

You could keep coming on and posting the same questions in the same demanding manner or you could actually listen to what people have to say to you. To that end, here is what I replied initially to your post:

(hope this helps) :)

Typical lack of facts and knowledge from the increasingly more silent Mag7ers... How's Yul, Animal, Animal, Yul?

SMiSA operate a one member, one vote system. All major decisions that they make are reached by majority vote. It is simply impossible, given their constitution, to agree to something, then have a change of heart, then have their arm twisted into it again. Impossible.

Meetings with RA re the Cic were arranged and reasonably attended, a vote on contributing to the CiC was cast and member were balloted. There was not an adequate turnout for the result to stand and so another meeting was arranged followed by another ballot. This time the turnout was much better with the overwhelming majority in favour of SMiSA contributing to the CiC with condition to be negotiated.

That's how it happened.

Once again, nae luck!

Firstly, I have given you no abuse, though you probably deserved it, so don't come on here and play the victim card to avoid replying to my valid points. U must appreciate why people are suspicious of your motives, you have 135 negative posts in the CIC section, with only 17 other posts in the whole forum (not to mention the ones posted under the name of Yul) and expect individuals to dance to your tunes.

The fact that you expect someone from SMISA to come on to a public forum and explain the workings of the group (for a second night in a row) tells a story in itself. I'll refer you back to my points from last night; if you are a member of SMISA speak to those in positions of authority in private first, if you are not a member the workings of SMISA are no business of yours. Why are you so interested in what they do? Explain why Mr Bell (?) should come on here and explain to us all?

Why don't you ask Mr Aitkinson yourself, he has invited you numerous times with an open book approach, yet all you do is give him abuse and slander his reputation. Is it any wonder he hasn't repplied to you recently? Why not pick up the phone or fire off an e-mail?

I'd just like to re-iterate a piece of advice I gave you last night, it may go some way to explaining the rather negative reaction you get from what appear to be other "ordinary" fans:-

Green dot for you, sir; a great post. Will probably be ignored though as Animal/Yul asks the same questions again in a confrontational, demanding, rude and opinionated manner.

You could keep coming on and posting the same questions in the same demanding manner or you could actually listen to what people have to say to you. To that end, here is what I replied initially to your post:

(hope this helps) :)

Green dot for you, sir; a great post. Will probably be ignored though as Animal/Yul asks the same questions again in a confrontational, demanding, rude and opinionated manner.

It would seem clear that animal is incapable of reading/listening/understanding. There seems to be little point in responding to someone who is just wanting to agitate but seems to have nothing to bring to the table. I'm not a member of SMiSA but even I could see that Animals claims were drivel.

I'm not actually sure whether this character is attacking the notion of the CiC, or Gilmour and the other board members that want out. Or Atkinson himself. He seems to have had a good go at all of them over the past few months.

I wonder who he could be? <_<

.....I simply asked a few relevant questions and all I seem to get is abuse in return. God help us if this the kind of treatment ordinary (non CIC) supporters can look forward to when you and your friends have taken over the Club I have supported for over 40 years. I do not look forward to being a second class supporter.

When you talk about "I" here, are you refering to a muppet alias that has repeated posted bile that has been found to be untrue heavily criticising people doing their best for the club...or are you talking about your actual real self. If you are talking about your real self and are taking it all personally then you are without a shadow of a doubt a fud offline as well as online. :P

As per my previous post there is no CIC war in the terracing, there is no raging debate in Paisley regarding the CIC. The sale of Love Street had its unhinged knockers at the time as well. In reality when the support was needed we all turned out on the planning decision day and backed the club - many of us lobbying the c"ntcillors concered during the run up to the vote. After that we all let the club get on with delivering the project happy in the knowledge that it was good for the club and that the people involved had the best interests of the club at heart.

The CIC process has gone along very similar lines. The announcement is made. A few attention seeking unhinged bawbags spunk their muck all over the Internet - anonymously as usual as they know they are onto a hiding from the core body of the support. When the call came to support the CIC the fans turned out again at the meetings and subsequently backed the CIC scheme with their pledges and ultimately with our hard earned cash.

The unhinged "concerned" fringe have had opportunity after opportunity to make their presence felt and have failed to substantiate themselves time after time.

This idea that you will in some way be a second class supporter is entirely in your own head. No one is discussing this on the terraces, nobody is in the slightest bit concerned about who is or isn't supporting it. There is no witch hunt to try and find out who the dafties behind the muppet alias is. So relax - all you are is an Internet alias making a bawz of itself. Go along, support St Mirren and you will be welcomed the same as the rest of us. We are not the kind of support you seem to think we are - for whatever reason. :)

FFS, I'm struggling to remember a discussion with more heat and less light.

All I can say is that I'm glad that on-field matters are so encouraging just now, as I now find this whole takeover scenario a major turn-off. It's always been about the football for me, so it's great that the football is currently the major focus, and for all the right reasons, too.

Perhaps Sid and Dicky should arrange to meet up, flap their flacid members on a table, bring out the measuring tapes, and be done with it. Oh, and keep any subsequent chatter about girth being more important than length to the PM system.

As for animal making a re-appearance....give me strength! <_<

All I can say is that I'm glad that on-field matters are so encouraging just now, as I now find this whole takeover scenario a major turn-off. It's always been about the football for me, so it's great that the football is currently the major focus, and for all the right reasons, too.

Perhaps Sid and Dicky should arrange to meet up, flap their flacid members on a table, bring out the measuring tapes, and be done with it. Oh, and keep any subsequent chatter about girth being more important than length to the PM system.

Have been saying the same thing Drew. At long last we have on field activities over shadowing the takeover which had been debated to death.

I went through to Edinburgh myself on the train on Saturday wearing my Saints top. On the ferry from Rothesay was the local team some of whom came over to chat about Saints. Then on the train to Glasgow an English guy sat with me wanting to know all about our club

Between central and queen street a guy going to the ruby wanted to know all about our improvement. On the train to Edinburgh a Glasgow man was telling me how impressed he is with Saints. Reaching Edinburgh I went into a pub where I was asked to sit with some Hibs fans. We ended up walking sown to the game together.

The interest in Saints reminds me of the Fergie days. Going to the football is a real pleasure these days :)

CIC will take care of it's self.

Have been saying the same thing Drew. At long last we have on field activities over shadowing the takeover which has been debated to death.

I went through to Edinburgh myself on the train on Saturday wearing my Saints top. On the ferry from Rothesay was the local team some of whom came over to chat about Saints. Then on the train to Glasgow an English guy sat with me wanting to know all about our club

Between central and queen street a guy going to the ruby wanted to know all about our improvement. On the train to Edinburgh a Glasgow man was telling me how impressed he is with Saints. Reaching Edinburgh I went into a pub where I was asked to sit with some Hibs fans. We ended up walking down to the game together.

The interest in Saints reminds me of the Fergie days. Going to the football is a real pleasure these days :)

CIC will take care of it's self.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Come on , it's the St Mirren way rolleyes.gif

There's always an elephant in the room , a skeleton in a closet and some other half empty glass somewhere near the hissy fitters with a panic about a tea cup with some thermal lows

Perhaps Sid and Dicky should arrange to meet up, flap their flacid members on a table, bring out the measuring tapes, and be done with it.

Just 'cos you want to do the measuring ya creepy f'kr. :o

Pretty much agree that the CIC is a done deal. Even pointing and laughing at the likes of animal is getting tired now. It is time to let those interested in it get on with delivering it. :)