Getting Involved

TsuMirren

Guest somner9

Possibly but we don't live in an ideal world and not everything happens the way that we would ideally want them to. The choice then is do I turn my back on everything that I am not happy with, criticise it and talk about how back-to-front it is, or do I actively choose to get involved, to be a part of what happens on the inside and influence change? For me that's a no-brainer. If it involves the club that I love, the town that I love and the line of work that I love, I will choose to get involved and be a catalyst for change and not a dissenting voice, achieving nothing other than to piss people off.

Also, FWIW, I didn't suggest that it was pre-written, I suggested that it matters neither whether it is or isn't.

On your first point it isn't a question for me as I don't support it (CiC) But I would have thought that and have read here supporters of it say how important the content and wording of "Their" constitution will be. If that is the case then they will want to be pro-active and be part of writing their own agenda rather than saying "hey-ho, we haven't been actively involved at the front end shaping this so I guess everything else might as well be decided by A.N.other"

Isn't helping draft their own constitution the right way for members to "Get Involved"

On your second point fwiw I didn't suggest, that you suggested it was pre written, that suggestion comes from the fact that apparently a draft constitution did the rounds at last weeks meeting (which by definition means it needed to be have been written pre any Individual member involvement and without consultation or sign off by the membership as they don't exist as yet)

If you get my suggestion :D

Edited by somner9

On your first point it isn't a question for me as I don't support it (CiC) But I would have thought that and have read here supporters of it say how important the content and wording of "Their" constitution will be. If that is the case then they will want to be pro-active and be part of writing their own agenda rather than saying "hey-ho, we haven't been actively involved at the front end shaping this so I guess everything else might as well be decided by A.N.other"

Isn't helping draft their own constitution the right way for members to "Get Involved"

Possibly, again there are areas of agreement here but if it isn't an option to be involved in the writing of it, surely that's more reason to he involved afterwards. It's easier to bring change from the inside than the out.

On your second point fwiw I didn't suggest, that you suggested it was pre written, that suggestion comes from the fact that apparently a draft constitution did the rounds at last weeks meeting (which by definition means it needed to be have been written pre any Individual member involvement and without consultation or sign off by the membership as they don't exist as yet)

If you get my suggestion :D

Highlighted point, funny... tbh

Rest of quote, "draft" being the operative word :)

More empty brained rhetoric and no volunteers to get involved in developing the fans perspective of the constitution. It appears that there a lot of people willing to voice their opinions but as yet no one prepared to step up and actually take on the role of consulting on the draft constitution.

I had a telephone call with Richard yesterday. He had noted my comments on the constitution (well pozbaird grassed me in :P ). Richard being Richard saw an opportunity and asked if I would like to get involved with the drafting of the constitution. I am happy to do this; however I would much rather do it in conjunction with other interested fans. If anyone is interested PM me. If no one is interested then you can't moan if I f"k it up. :P

Shouldn't the emphasis (Strange that I should highlight this) be on getting the constitution right first time? Then having a great PR tool to recruit/involve more fans/community groups to the fold? rather than "If we don't like what we see, we can pull out"

And the one way to make sure the constitution as you say is not "detrimental to the club" is to get all the stakeholders involved in writing it!

If as is suggested it's pre-written constitution by a pre-determined exec board and their pre-determined community groups what has the ordinary fan/individual member got to hang his/her (Pre-determined) hat on?

Somner I think you know the answer here.

Look funding bodies won't pay out money to unconstitutional organisations. This means to apply for funding you have to have a constitution. That constitution can be amended, re-written and adopted at any AGM or EGM. You and I have both talked about the back to front nature of this project, this is just another element of this. I wouldn't get too hung up about it.

More empty brained rhetoric and no volunteers to get involved in developing the fans perspective of the constitution. It appears that there a lot of people willing to voice their opinions but as yet no one prepared to step up and actually take on the role of consulting on the draft constitution.

I had a telephone call with Richard yesterday. He had noted my comments on the constitution (well pozbaird grassed me in :P ). Richard being Richard saw an opportunity and asked if I would like to get involved with the drafting of the constitution. I am happy to do this; however I would much rather do it in conjunction with other interested fans. If anyone is interested PM me. If no one is interested then you can't moan if I f"k it up. :P

I can help f**k it up if you want Sid.... :wink:

Guest somner9

Somner I think you know the answer here.

Look funding bodies won't pay out money to unconstitutional organisations. This means to apply for funding you have to have a constitution. That constitution can be amended, re-written and adopted at any AGM or EGM. You and I have both talked about the back to front nature of this project, this is just another element of this. I wouldn't get too hung up about it.

I promise to not get hung up about it now I know it's been passed to what RA himself I'm sure deems to be "A safe pair of hands" :D

I've already asked to look at the constitution once the draft is complete and offered a few pointers.

I can help f**k it up if you want Sid.... :wink:

Just a shame your such a miscreant Stu...dunno if I actually posted it earlier; however I did intend making a comment that despite your bizzareness you did have a clear idea of what you want from the CIC and asked for it. That's more than most. :wink:

I've already asked to look at the constitution once the draft is complete and offered a few pointers.

Good stuff, but why would you want to do it in isolation. This is best done as a team and would be an opportunity for fans to get involved, get to know each other and understand what we are all about beyond the Internet flaming. A couple of people have PM'd me already. I will drop an email to REA to confirm that he will be comfortable with this approach. I am maxed out this week, but would quite like to schedule a get together of interested parties next week at some time - preferably in the boozer. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff, but why would you want to do it in isolation. This is best done as a team and would be an opportunity for fans to get involved, get to know each other and understand what we are all about beyond the Internet flaming. A couple of people have PM'd me already. I will drop an email to REA to confirm that he will be comfortable with this approach. I am maxed out this week, but would quite like to schedule a get together of interested parties next week at some time - preferably in the boozer. :P

you appear to have a personality disorder bud, im sure i just read on another thread ur happy just to pay your tenner and leave it at that.

i fear for the CiC if people like you get involved then 3 months later bale out because you havent got the commitment.

you appear to have a personality disorder bud, im sure i just read on another thread ur happy just to pay your tenner and leave it at that.

i fear for the CiC if people like you get involved then 3 months later bale out because you havent got the commitment.

Exactly the point being made stoopit. :rolleyes: