Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Share trading suspended. Pasted from the BBC news Website ...

16:19: Rangers statement to stock exchange

The Company has been informed that its Nominated Adviser ("NOMAD") does not believe that it can satisfy the London Stock Exchange in relation to its NOMAD obligations in respect of the appropriateness of the Company's securities to be admitted to AIM, and therefore the NOMAD has resigned as Nominated Adviser to Rangers with immediate effect.

Accordingly Rule 1 of the AIM rules for Companies will apply, and trading in the Company's AIM securities will be suspended with immediate effect. If the Company is not able to restore trading within one month, admission of the Company's securities to AIM will be cancelled.

If requested during the suspension period WH Ireland is willing to assist the Company to implement the necessary changes for WH Ireland or another Nomad to become satisfied as to the Company's appropriateness for AIM. If a Nominated adviser is appointed it may apply to the London Stock Exchange on behalf of the Company for trading to be restored.

The Directors are disappointed that this event has had to take place despite the considerable efforts they have made over the last few weeks and months against the backdrop of the general meeting requisition and wish also to record their appreciation to their outgoing NOMAD for all it has done for the Club.

www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12268731.html

Looks near the end of Newco.

Edited by Qarsaan

Share trading suspended. Pasted from the BBC news Website ...

16:19: Rangers statement to stock exchange

The Company has been informed that its Nominated Adviser ("NOMAD") does not believe that it can satisfy the London Stock Exchange in relation to its NOMAD obligations in respect of the appropriateness of the Company's securities to be admitted to AIM, and therefore the NOMAD has resigned as Nominated Adviser to Rangers with immediate effect.

Accordingly Rule 1 of the AIM rules for Companies will apply, and trading in the Company's AIM securities will be suspended with immediate effect. If the Company is not able to restore trading within one month, admission of the Company's securities to AIM will be cancelled.

If requested during the suspension period WH Ireland is willing to assist the Company to implement the necessary changes for WH Ireland or another Nomad to become satisfied as to the Company's appropriateness for AIM. If a Nominated adviser is appointed it may apply to the London Stock Exchange on behalf of the Company for trading to be restored.

The Directors are disappointed that this event has had to take place despite the considerable efforts they have made over the last few weeks and months against the backdrop of the general meeting requisition and wish also to record their appreciation to their outgoing NOMAD for all it has done for the Club.

www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12268731.html

Looks near the end of Newco.

Well. I never saw that coming... so slowly... :)

I'm getting impatient, waiting for oxster to come along and explain to us all what it means. :rolleyes:

LSE has just announced the EGM will still be going ahead. Wow.

Looks like Mr Ashley hasn't just given in to the King from Africa and his bears.

It is quite an interesting week.

It's not just good to be, it's a relief, sometimes, to be a Buddie. :)

I'm getting impatient, waiting for oxster to come along and explain to us all what it means. rolleyes.gif

LSE has just announced the EGM will still be going ahead. Wow.

Looks like Mr Ashley hasn't just given in to the King from Africa and his bears.

It is quite an interesting week.

It's not just good to be, it's a relief, sometimes, to be a Buddie. smile.png

I've no idea what it means because I'm not on the Rangers board.

All I can say for certain is that either way you are shooting your bolt way too early.

With the nomad withdrawing, King now has nowhere to raise money by selling shares, after his"landslide" EGM coup.

He has always SAID he had a nomad he wished to replace WH Ireland with... But never named one. If he was serious, now would surely be a good time?

This, of course, is if his cunning plan is running smoothly. The nomad ba on the slates, mean the shares are suspended, and... And....

.....he has now said he would step aside and let P Murray be Chair! In the interests of transparency and dignity, he thinks time should be allowed to pass so that his utter suitability for the job is shown to be unchallengeable. I'm guessing he thinks it isn't, right now. Or has just suddenly understood (or been advised, belatedly) what many others have been pointing out! :)

This surprising delay by the man who would be King, just by chance now means he can view how things go before he ploughs his untold millions into the project. I'm sure he'll find that frustrating. :rolleyes:

Honestly WGAF about this whole thing.

St Mirren supporters with half a brain should.

If there's a remote chance of Saints being in play-offs and being up against a team that has been kept alive artificially even though it has been massively overspending its budget since it was set up, then your half brain should be twitching.

Unless, of course, the half brain had no interest in the fate of other big spenders such as Dundee, Hearts, Livi, Gretna, Motherwell etc?

And you are happy that Buddies are mugs and go blindly and deferentially about their financially cautious business against such "richer" clubs?

This is just a complete guess but ...

I would assume that this has been arranged by Ashley and means that King cannot get his hands on the last few shares he needs or something along those lines. It probably means that King cannot win at the EGM. Hopefully it means something funny along those lines.

You're right - it's "been arranged by Ashley" I would guess, in that the Nomad became aware that Ashley was not keen on what he saw as loaning any more dosh to ungrateful fans who supported an aggressive spiv. So that the Nomad saw shit about to hit the fan and did its job by informing AIM that in its opinion, this was not a business that was functioning normally, or that could do.

Kendo could have told you that, though....

Edited by bluto

St Mirren supporters with half a brain should.

If there's a remote chance of Saints being in play-offs and being up against a team that has been kept alive artificially even though it has been massively overspending its budget since it was set up, then your half brain should be twitching.

Unless, of course, the half brain had no interest in the fate of other big spenders such as Dundee, Hearts, Livi, Gretna, Motherwell etc?

And you are happy that Buddies are mugs and go blindly and deferentially about their financially cautious business against such "richer" clubs?

Obviously I don't have half a brain unlike others on this thread cause the only club that interests me is the Buddies.

Obviously I don't have half a brain unlike others on this thread cause the only club that interests me is the Buddies.

And yet you have no interest in how St Mirren is being cheated by other clubs?! :o

I suppose you're right, though I was giving you credit for having half a brain, at least....

And yet you have no interest in how St Mirren is being cheated by other clubs?! :o

I suppose you're right, though I was giving you credit for having half a brain, at least....

If only we could all be as clever as the likes of you and shull.

There's "interest" and "obsession", you are clearly in the latter. :byebye

Kendo is one of this forum's posters that I have on ignore.

I helpfully looked at his post thinking he might have a question to which he sought an answer.

I answered.

A waste of time that I shall not repeat.

A word of advice...

If you, kendo and oxter combine your IQs to apply for Mensa, you'll get knocked back.

Kendo is one of this forum's posters that I have on ignore.

I helpfully looked at his post thinking he might have a question to which he sought an answer.

I answered.

A waste of time that I shall not repeat.

A word of advice...

If you, kendo and oxter combine your IQs to apply for Mensa, you'll get knocked back.

Oh dear, the delusional belief that "I'm smart" because I don't agree with your point.

If you like.............................bye1.gif

Oh dear, the delusional belief that "I'm smart" because I don't agree with your point.

If you like.............................:byebye

No claim or belief about me, on my part.

Just an observation on the accumulated wisdom brought to bear on the subject by recent posters.

They don't understand what other people do understand, so the subject must be stupid. They "think".

Neither you nor kendo nor oxter made points about the subject in hand. I can't disagree about any lack of point...

Edited by bluto

You're right - it's "been arranged by Ashley" I would guess, in that the Nomad became aware that Ashley was not keen on what he saw as loaning any more dosh to ungrateful fans who supported an aggressive spiv. So that the Nomad saw shit about to hit the fan and did its job by informing AIM that in its opinion, this was not a business that was functioning normally, or that could do.

Kendo could have told you that, though....

I would tend to think the business hasn't functioned normally , since it was formed . Any other "business" would have crashed and burned , by now . It is actually disgusting that the "company/Business/operation" has been allowed to continue to operate in the Scottish League considering that the rules were bent to allow it into the league in the first place . If they were any other club (with the possible exception of their nemesis) I believe that they would have been kicked out by now or never allowed in so easily in the first instance. .

I guess if your attitude towards the Sevco story is 'don't give a fcuk', then the best advice I could give is 'don't post in or look at this thread'. I don't give a fcuk about cricket, so I don't bother looking at the thread someone started about it.