Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Guest TPAFKATS
The comedy gold continues: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39855916 before the sale concluded Murray's advisors said in an email about Craig Whyte: ""Given the useless twits don't have the funds, it appears somewhat academic." Yet we are supposed to believe SDM was duped by Whyte. The only pity is that more taxpayer millions are being wasted trying to prosecute Craig Whyte for fraud when no attempt has been made to bring SDM to book for decades of financial doping funded by tax evasion.

With SDM the clue is in the S.
Knighthood and donations to the Tory party. They'll not bring him to book unless it's to preserve themselves.

13 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Yeah bar that one they're a swell bunch of lads

To be fair, it's only those Catholics in the West of Scotland (and perhaps one or two from whence their ancestors came) that they hate.

They now sign Catholics as players, cos they're cheaper, I guess - as well as being foreign.

And they hire management who are not only Catholics but admitted, avowed Celtic fans - to be their manager...

...maybe he was cheaper, too (as well as unaware of the complete shite into which he was stepping).

So they ARE improving.  It's great to see them joining the 20th Century.  :)

btw, for me the most interesting nugget to emerge, so far in this court case, was the date (in March) at which everyone KNEW that RANGERS was bust - and that was way, way before the SFA said their debts had yet to 'crystallise', so that the SFA could assure UEFA that proud Rangers could be given a fraudulent freebie to play in Europe... and hope that a good run (Bless Ally the gardener!) would make enough cash to keep Rangers solvent.

How we laughed!

3 hours ago, cambiebud said:

Just read article in Daily Rangers about Pedro. Where do Sevco find these guys? Deluded or what?

Pedro is a bit like Jeremy Corbyn- he will try and say the right thing, hope he has support  from his players, knows he has fan backing now.

But at the End of the day will be toast....

Cathro is a kind of Liberal- totally ineffective

Edited by DougJamie

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As it's now a long time - it's academic I know - but I'll still be tuning in to watch the (probably dry-as-dust) Supreme Court ruling about Rangers Big Tax Appeal.  09.45 this morning.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/news/future-judgments.html

(remember that Ranges already admitted its guilt of cheating in the Wee Tax case)

If Rangers lose the BT appeal, justice will prevail (and may have expensive ramifications for EBT recipients such as the lovely Thommo) .

if it wins,  then Murray's lies to hide his cheating will have killed the company/club....  Oh, the staunch irony of it all.

Whatever the result...

...win-win  either way for those who used to love Scottish fitba. :)

Wow!!!!

THAT was short but sweet.

Barely 7 minutes to read out the rationale.

The Case is dismissed.  They WERE cheating all the time, after all.  As we have all known.

Now - WILL the SFA do the right thing and remove unfairly gained titles and awards from the Deid club's list?

(A wee asterisk against the name is all we need - as I don't think anyBuddie would have pride in a League Cup lost to only 9 unfairly paid players....)

And as for the absolutely new club being handed the cheating, deid clubs history - well, we all know that's simple bollox.

Painful, as those who got EBTs and have not paid Tax and NI on those will now have to stump up.

And there is a strong case for criminal charges being brought against all those who colluded in allowing a cheating Rangers to get entry to Europe to the detriment of other, honest clubs robbed of their chance to shine in the Euro sun.... such as :rolleyes: Celtic.  

That should be fun to follow follow.  :) 

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Wow!!!!

THAT was short but sweet.

Barely 7 minutes to read out the rationale.

The Case is dismissed.  They WERE cheating all the time, after all.  As we have all known.

Now - WILL the SFA do the right thing and remove unfairly gained titles and awards from the Deid club's list?

(A wee asterisk against the name is all we need - as I don't think anyBuddie would have pride in a League Cup lost to only 9 unfairly paid players....)

And as for the absolutely new club being handed the cheating, deid clubs history - well, we all know that's simple bollox.

Painful, as those who got EBTs and have not paid Tax and NI on those will now have to stump up.

Is this confirmed?  I thought the dead boys had to pay up.

anyway, individuals will already have transferred assets to wives, kids, dugs, etc.

The taxman will have to whistle for the lion's share-but it was the judgement they wanted as far bigger fish are now snared having foregone the the 5 year window to square up and cut a deal.

Although it's nice to pretend otherwise, this was never all about the dead boys

It has also been about other organisations trying to exploit this immoral cheat...

... but aye - if I were one of the 80 people paid £48m over 10 years to unfairly win 14 trophies, then I would certainly be worried.  They were all offered the chance to settle by this year with HMRC.  If they trusted in the deid club's Administrators to get them off the hook, then they were sadly naïve.

And I never knew that transferring assets meant you no longer owed tax?  That's not a new one - and not a loophole, either, I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, antrin said:

It has also been about other organisations trying to exploit this immoral cheat...

... but aye - if I were one of the 80 people paid £48m over 10 years to unfairly win 14 trophies, then I would certainly be worried.  They were all offered the chance to settle by this year with HMRC.  If they trusted in the deid club's Administrators to get them off the hook, then they were sadly naïve.

And I never knew that transferring assets meant you no longer owed tax?  That's not a new one - and not a loophole, either, I'm afraid.

Will those who took part now be chased for unpaid tax?

The company is liable for the tax but given the company is in liquidation then the buck stops with the liquidators - in this case BDO. This doesn't mean that individuals who were in receipt of an EBT escape payment. Legislation is expected in the next few months that will require tax to be paid on all loans received through the EBT process from 1999 onwards.

Alex Rae, allegedly owes the tax man over quarter of a million ££££££ ! Saint Thompson of the Mirren falls into the same category, allegedly.
Whole list published of who owes what.

The public purse will see exactly how much of that retrospectively returned, hmmm, I wonder.

... but aye - if I were one of the 80 people paid £48m over 10 years to unfairly win 14 trophies, then I would certainly be worried.  They were all offered the chance to settle by this year witho HMRC.  If they trusted in the deid club's Administrators to get them off the hook, then they were sadly naïve.