Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

WHO, using WHAT MONEY is going to crawl from the woodwork to rescue them... on a 'big white horse'... :)

Go into admin,offer to meet debts at 1p/2p/3p in the pound and hope its accepted,debt cleared in no time.It's if that offer is refused that the trouble begins........I think!!

I didn't hear the news till I got into work but one of the bosses in here made a very valid point that the HMRC cannot back off on this one because it's a test case. They are potentially due £hundreds of millions maybe even £Bns from Premiership clubs who were also using offshore accounts. However he also made an interesting point in that he understands that ownership of Murray Park has been retained by David Murray.

I think everything points to r*ngers liquidating and then coming back Airdrie United style. Cowdenbeath look like the club of convenience and that it will depend on what effects the loss of four Old Firm derbies per year has on the SPL TV deal as to whether SPL chairmen will make it easy for r*ngers or not.

Once c*ltic fans get over today's gloating the time will come when they realise that if r*ngers go, Sky goes, if Sky goes, all c*ltic's high earners go, if all c*ltic's high earners go, their fans start to go....

I think we can be delighted though! "New r*ngers" in SFL3 and no Sky money presents a great opportunity for Scottish football to be re-structured in the way that most football fans want. 16 team league, summer football, sensible ticket pricing and whatever else. Might be a few years pain for everyone in the process (perhaps disaster for the likes of Killie), but something radical has to happen to sort the game out in Scotland, and this may well be the start of it.

Edited by Julian Banjos

Once c*ltic fans get over today's gloating the time will come when they realise that if r*ngers go, Sky goes, if Sky goes, all c*ltic's high earners go, if all c*ltic's high earners go, their fans start to go....

I think we can be delighted though! "New r*ngers" in SFL3 and no Sky money presents a great opportunity for Scottish football to be re-structured in the way that most football fans want. 16 team league, summer football, sensible ticket pricing and whatever else. Might be a few years pain for everyone in the process (perhaps disaster for the likes of Killie), but something radical has to happen to sort the game out in Scotland, and this may well be the start of it.

I think c*ltic management and fans accept that a reality check is long overdue (as shull has been saying....) Lawell's message today was about that. They don't need r*ngers. They're trying to distance themselves from the Old Firm.... a cross round their necks. :)

A more competitive league in which several teams can compete for the top would be more attractive than the current procession of two sets of bigots. And, if restructuring takes place (bigger league etc.) then the chances are better for Saints or hertz etc cos they'll onbly need to play Shellic twice a season instead of, in a best scenario 4 times. The gap between diddy teams and shellic would not be so exaggerated.

However, Rongers starting in Div 3 is NOT a foregone conclusion. Scottish fitba has to show its haw-maws...

Scottish fitba disnae need Rongers. The state of Scottish fitba currently (domestically and internationally) is a shite state of affairs. Is this worth struggling to accommodate?

Don't be conned by Blue apologists - things can only get better... :)

As much as it would make me happy, I can't see R*ngers dying sad.png.

The "Powers That Be" will make sure that they survive and remain a Scottish Premier League Club. This would disappoint me, especially when you look at what happened at Livingston F.C., however normal, decent, working class people don't have a say in such cases. I'm not saying that Livingston didn't deserve to be punished in some shape or form, however if R*ngers are not treated in a similar fashion by the Scottish Football League and the Scottish Premier League, then I will feel sorry for the ordinary people and the players involved with Livingston during their time of unstableness.

The SFA and the SPL should come out with some form of "Joint Statement" saying something along the lines of "that from now on, whether you're C*ltic Football Club, R*ngers Football Club or Forfar Athletic Football Club, if you fail to neglect the daily running of yourselves through overspending or are involved with disputes with HMRC over a certain amount of money, you will be sent to the bottom of Division 3 and forced to work your way back up" and stick to it.

As I said though, I doubt it will happen. My instincts tell me R*ngers will be around until the end of time and so will C*ltic sad.png.

Go into admin,offer to meet debts at 1p/2p/3p in the pound and hope its accepted,debt cleared in no time.It's if that offer is refused that the trouble begins........I think!!

And if they get away with an offer like that... why would Killie, Hertz and others just not follow follow..?

They have lodged a notice of intention to appoint administrators. This has the effect of stopping anyone else taking action for 5 days. At the end of the 5 days you can then appoint an Administrator or you can lodge another notice of intention.

I'd wager that Whyte has already flogged off a slew of the Debts to other organisations such as ticketus in order to keep the leaking sieve of a boat that is HMS Titani Ibrox afloat... It's a fascinating week or two... or month or so of revelations to ensue. Happy days... laugh.png

This. Snaffled from RTC. smile.png

33283610150322351951591.jpg

That picture could be deemed as antagonistic to fans of wranglers. .zorro.gif

What is RTC. .

As much as it would make me happy, I can't see R*ngers dying sad.png.

The "Powers That Be" will make sure that they survive and remain a Scottish Premier League Club. This would disappoint me, especially when you look at what happened at Livingston F.C., however normal, decent, working class people don't have a say in such cases. I'm not saying that Livingston didn't deserve to be punished in some shape or form, however if R*ngers are not treated in a similar fashion by the Scottish Football League and the Scottish Premier League, then I will feel sorry for the ordinary people and the players involved with Livingston during their time of unstableness.

The SFA and the SPL should come out with some form of "Joint Statement" saying something along the lines of "that from now on, whether you're C*ltic Football Club, R*ngers Football Club or Forfar Athletic Football Club, if you fail to neglect the daily running of yourselves through overspending or are involved with disputes with HMRC over a certain amount of money, you will be sent to the bottom of Division 3 and forced to work your way back up" and stick to it.

As I said though, I doubt it will happen. My instincts tell me R*ngers will be around until the end of time and so will C*ltic sad.png.

I believe that the SPL have already guaranteed that they will have SPL football next season. They are worried about the tv money and the OF are not treated the same as a.n.other Scot's clubs . At the end of the day , one of the OF is a British Club and the other is Oirish , none are Scot's. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

I didn't hear the news till I got into work but one of the bosses in here made a very valid point that the HMRC cannot back off on this one because it's a test case. They are potentially due £hundreds of millions maybe even £Bns from Premiership clubs who were also using offshore accounts. However he also made an interesting point in that he understands that ownership of Murray Park has been retained by David Murray.

I think everything points to r*ngers liquidating and then coming back Airdrie United style. Cowdenbeath look like the club of convenience and that it will depend on what effects the loss of four Old Firm derbies per year has on the SPL TV deal as to whether SPL chairmen will make it easy for r*ngers or not.

Lol.....You are full of it!.....Not got a clue and don't understand administration. Range*s will not need any other club to come through this and will be fine next season with new owners after a season of trauma.

That picture could be deemed as antagonistic to fans of wranglers. .zorro.gif

What is RTC. .

r*ngers Tax Case

www.rangerstaxcase.com

An anonymous blog set up last year to alert the scottish public to the troubles brewing down Ibrox way.

Non sectarian - fans from all clubs welcomed, including concerned Rongers fans....though naturally there are a lot of shellic posters on it.

Most of all it's informative, intelligent and packed with knowledgeable people willing to help answer complicated tax company and fitba rules questions. It's a huge read if you are starting now, though...

...and there are often good jokes. smile.png

Edited by bluto

Why would administration be the end for them?Dundee have been there twice and survived so what's the difference?Am I missing something?

Dundee didn't owe HMRC £50 million.

That's the real difference here.

I can't think of another club which owed so much to the taxman and survived,

Lol.....You are full of it!.....Not got a clue and don't understand administration. Range*s will not need any other club to come through this and will be fine next season with new owners after a season of trauma.

r*ngers FC have cash flow issues this season after exiting european competitions and both domestic cup competitions as soon as it was humanly possible to do so. CW estimates that in a season without a Eueropean run there is normally a £10m deficit. r*ngers are in a season without a European run and without much prize money or TV money from domestic cup runs as well. This year after 'paying off' the debt to HBOS r*ngers have no line of credit with any bank and will be on course to run up a £10m+ deficit. Remember that Sone Aluko and his parents were the ones who paid up the compensation due to Aberdeen to make his move to r*ngers possible as RFC couldn't afford the sum in question!

Even before the 4 impending tax cases with HMRC worth up to an estimated £80m they are struggling to stay afloat.

Known creditors by the end of December 2011 were

Rapid Vienna (missed installments in Jelavic tranfer)

Hearts FC (Lee Wallace transfer - £800k remaining)

Money is ringfenced towards a pay out to Martin Bain if he wins his court case (looking for £1.4m in damages?)

Also a sizeable percentage of season ticket sales (£24m) for the next 4 seasons has already been mortgaged off to provide RFC with cashflow for this season / or fund CW's buyout of the club depending on who you believe!

The £18m 'repaid' to HBOS was actually transferred to one of Whyte's companies who now hold a floating charge over r*ngers for that amount.

If you total up r*ngers debts should the HMRC cases go against them for the expected amounts r*ngers debts will be in excess of £100m

It's started already.....prepare yourself for the fawning and saturated coverage of all this pish from the Old F*rm genitalia sucking media luvvies, just because of who it concerns.

Why stop there? Let's go all the way and have all Sports TV presenters wear black armbands and the newspapers to print Union Jacks in black at the demise of one half of their vermin clients.

What goes around comes around. This is just desserts for trying to play the "We're a big club" syndrome getting shoved down our throats!

I hope at least one person in authority grows a pair for once and administers the leathal injection while they're still on their knees! f**k em' all bye1.gif

Do you come to that decision cos donald finlay is there? you have not got a f**kin clue...

There are some horrific quotes from Scottish politicians emerging including Scottish Sports Minister hoping that HMRC and RFC can reach a deal which protects jobs.bangin.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17015754

Can't believe you have a government minister basically urging HMRC not to pursue a football club over £80m unpaid tax!

I believe that the SPL have already guaranteed that they will have SPL football next season. They are worried about the tv money and the OF are not treated the same as a.n.other Scot's clubs . At the end of the day , one of the OF is a British Club and the other is Oirish , none are Scot's. .

Which is another fine example of the lack of balls Great Britain, and Scotland in particular, has.

Fiorentina were sent to the bottom of the Italian Football League set-up and forced to work their way back up. They were forced to alter their name as well. Yes, it's basically the same Club with the same supporters, ethics and team colours but they were forced to make little changes to continue and the FIGC, while having its own issues with corrupt officials and more hypocrisy than a Conservative voting Public Sector worker made them pay for their stupidity of making a mess of the running of the Club.

Britain and Scotland are too soft whether it's Football Clubs, Bankers or the "rights" of prisoners. I sometimes wish we were more like our European counterparts and stood up for the ordinary people instead of letting "the powers that be" pontificating to us about how we should live our lives and "cut our cloth" when they're not doing it and scoffing down their caviar and luxury sausage rolls and sipping on their French Champagne. A Football Club gets to rack up loads of debt - a family with young kids get turfed out on to the street.

In summary:-

F*ck the SPL. F*ck the SFA. F*ck Westminster. F*ck Holyrood Parliament. F*ck the Old Firm.

Oh aye, and get it right up "Super Ally" and all.

WHO, using WHAT MONEY is going to crawl from the woodwork to rescue them... on a 'big white horse'... smile.png

Donald Findlay, using funds sourced largely from Legal Aid, on a nag sired by the great, great, great, great, great grandson of King Billy's big white horse.

If I was a Cowdenbeath supporter I'd be worried.

r*ngers FC have cash flow issues this season after exiting european competitions and both domestic cup competitions as soon as it was humanly possible to do so. CW estimates that in a season without a Eueropean run there is normally a £10m deficit. r*ngers are in a season without a European run and without much prize money or TV money from domestic cup runs as well. This year after 'paying off' the debt to HBOS r*ngers have no line of credit with any bank and will be on course to run up a £10m+ deficit. Remember that Sone Aluko and his parents were the ones who paid up the compensation due to Aberdeen to make his move to r*ngers possible as RFC couldn't afford the sum in question!

Even before the 4 impending tax cases with HMRC worth up to an estimated £80m they are struggling to stay afloat.

Known creditors by the end of December 2011 were

Rapid Vienna (missed installments in Jelavic tranfer)

Hearts FC (Lee Wallace transfer - £800k remaining)

Money is ringfenced towards a pay out to Martin Bain if he wins his court case (looking for £1.4m in damages?)

Also a sizeable percentage of season ticket sales (£24m) for the next 4 seasons has already been mortgaged off to provide RFC with cashflow for this season / or fund CW's buyout of the club depending on who you believe!

The £18m 'repaid' to HBOS was actually transferred to one of Whyte's companies who now hold a floating charge over r*ngers for that amount.

If you total up r*ngers debts should the HMRC cases go against them for the expected amounts r*ngers debts will be in excess of £100m

You sound like a sensible chap but do you not know that administration takes the £100 million bill down to £10 Million and once everyone gets the 10p in the pound (very few guarenteed customers) then Rang*rs are sold as a going concern. Next season same as....Just the way it is.