Recent 10000Hrs Cic Email Re Meeting & Key Points

ktf

It's strange that you think you couldn't get all St Mirren fans on the CIC to be of similar mind, but you assume that all corporate members would vote as a block.

not at all. corporate groups would all have block votes and the biggest group would have best chance of winning, because individual fans will differ in opinion of what they see as right for the club they would need to get together and debate what options they want to vote for , and in my opinion that would not happen

Doubtless, like others, you'd also wait to hear about movement in the selling price before committing?

I think it's clear there will be no movement in the selling price but if 10000hrs offer say £1.6 million a final decision will be forced on the board to accept or reject it. If they have a better offer which can sustain the club then so be it.

I think it's clear there will be no movement in the selling price but if 10000hrs offer say £1.6 million a final decision will be forced on the board to accept or reject it. If they have a better offer which can sustain the club then so be it.

I disagree.

From the tweets my impression is that there is a door waiting to be pushed.

£2m is not a big ask, but a joke ask...

If The Fans want It - They will Get IT ? LET's Take out a Provi Loan ? Same Fcking thing, Dont know about the interest on the " Soft Loans " That the Fan's will be lumbered with ? whistling.gif

not at all. corporate groups would all have block votes and the biggest group would have best chance of winning, because individual fans will differ in opinion of what they see as right for the club they would need to get together and debate what options they want to vote for , and in my opinion that would not happen

A moot point now as the whole corporate board stuff has been binned. It's now 1 member 1 vote whether you are a company putting in £10K or me paying £10/month. All votes equal the same.

We all have different point of views that’s the way of the world. But really what I don’t get is some fans seem to think RA is trying to steal our club. Nothing anyone say’s can change the mind of some fans who seem to think that.

I see it as a way of the fans having a say on how the club is run and safe guarding the club for generations.

Ok if you are not in the financial position to join but if you can afford it.

I really hope this works but some how I have my doubts. The reason for that is when the club was about to fold it put out an SOS share issue. If that share issue had worked we would still be playing football at Love Street.

In the most part that share issue failed in the clubs hour of need.

The club now looks safe so I honestly can’t see enough fans getting behind the CIC final push. Honestly hope I am wrong. It is going to take every single person who believes in this CIC to try and sell it onto the next fan. Nothing to lose and everything to gain so it’s worth a try.

A moot point now as the whole corporate board stuff has been binned. It's now 1 member 1 vote whether you are a company putting in £10K or me paying £10/month. All votes equal the same.

my post was an answer to another post from yesterday, i don't get to go online during the day, 1 member 1 vote sounds ok it will start a whole new debate obviously and it will be interesting to see how those putting in £10k will accept having the same power as those who will pay considerably less

Aye ! But is " Dickie Disaster " your preffered Chairman ? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

My preferred chairman would be whoever would do the best job for the club. That may be GLS, he has stated that he in on board with the CiC concept, so maybe he'd be the best person...!

my post was an answer to another post from yesterday, i don't get to go online during the day, 1 member 1 vote sounds ok it will start a whole new debate obviously and it will be interesting to see how those putting in £10k will accept having the same power as those who will pay considerably less

I think for the most part that seems to have been ok'd. The real benefit for corporate members was always the affiliation scheme, which technically would still exist... The corporate board stuff, which was always a sticking point for some, was just an add-on really. What matters, I'd imagine, to corporate members is the capacity to be affiliated with the town buying the club, the client base that comes with it, the chance to network and spread the net wider.

That's just my take anyway...

Aye ! But is " Dickie Disaster " your preffered Chairman ? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

if it's still under a cic then it's a director who needs to be elected - or directors - and a secretary is also allowed, they could draw remuneration from the cic which might interest some who have no other job or work commitments and would be able to devote the most time to the post. Or have these positions already been agreed i think they had to be to set up the cic in the first place, but a fresh board with only the cic to occupy their working day might be a better option,

Guest somner9

My preferred chairman would be whoever would do the best job for the club. That may be GLS, he has stated that he in on board with the CiC concept, so maybe he'd be the best person...!

oh I'd expect a few current BoD peeps will be keen to put themselves up if it comes to pass, especially as they can get there for a lot less than what it cost the existing chairman! a slice of the £2m then back on the board... job's a good un!

If the outcome of tonight is for the CIC to assume more debt to meet the consortium's asking price then I'm even more agin it.

CIC, IPS call it what you will I've no interest in buying into this scheme where the club (which had a net debt of £336,510 as of May 31) will be controlled a body itself in debt.

I'm out!

Edited by Bud the Baker

oh I'd expect a few current BoD peeps will be keen to put themselves up if it comes to pass, especially as they can get there for a lot less than what it cost the existing chairman! a slice of the £2m then back on the board... job's a good un!

well they have held shares before so they will be due their slice of cake and their experience could serve us well

Guest somner9

well they have held shares before so they will be due their slice of cake and their experience could serve us well

hey i'm not knocking it/them. Just highlighting there will be competition if this comes to pass, not the fixed odds it was before

CIC, IPS call it what you will I've no interest in buying into this scheme where the club (which had a net debt of £336,510 as of May 31) will be controlled a body itself in debt.

And I think that's totally fair enough bud. All I would say is that the shares are on sale and it's almost guaranteed that no-one would buy them without taking on debt to do so. That debt would then be passed to the club on its assets or paid back by drawing a wage from the club. Ok that's not the only way to do it, but the most likely...

With the CiC there is a way to pay the debt back that is much safer to the club and it's assets. The debt would never touch the club. Alongside that, again, the shares will be sold, would you not rather they were sold to a company that you had a stake in and that would ultimately pass the shares it owns onto you proportionally to what you pay to be a member?

That way you have the chance of having a say in the club even up to board level. You have shares that are yours, within the CiC/co-op, and the club is more secure that of it was bought by Joe Bloggs using RBS's money...