Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

• 1 month later...

Who were the 2 Buddies taking photos of the Lion thingy at Causeyside/Gordon Junction, 5 minutes ago. 

I recognised their St Mirren faces from over the decades, not sure of names. 

Hello anyway. :)

Seen HSS about half an hour ago tae. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Great revue of paisley here

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/Paisley/Renfrewshire/Scotland/info/worstthings

The Worst Things in Paisley, Renfrewshire*

The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
The Worst Things
  • Hahaha love this ,talking about the montague slag I can totally relate withe her total slapper and only takes her dog lot fae a walk when she is after street gossip ,f**kimg manky fishwife lol
  • Pound land at Linwood two absolute bangers working there the fat one called Lorna bounces about like a dug on cocaine , total bumper man and every word that cones lot her fat mouth is a f**ken lie f**king fat f**k
  • A fat f**k slag that goes by the name Montague !! Watch that slag she will break up a marriage faster than the blink of an eye. Also known for talking complete shite to anyone who will stand still long enough, currently living with some daft baldy c**t who left his wife and kids for her but I suppose he is just as bad as he has a kid by every woman in the shire, suit each other well ,manky bastards canny look after the wains they have but keep making more
  • STUART DIXON IS A BEAST & CHRISSY DIXON IS A GRASS!!!!
  • The junkies that always need 40p for the bus. Where are you going on 40p? Seriously junkies and alcoholics make Paisley look worse than it is by insisting on walking around and continuing to breathe on a daily basis.
  • how shops never open till 8 in the morning
  • paisley itself is the worst thing
  • paisley itself is the worst thing
  • The fact we had to move to a new ground.
  • Glen Cinema Disaster 31st December 1929 71 children lost their lives and many were injured. NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN BY ME OR THE PEOPLE OF PAISLEY
  • Mr Duffy I am absoloutely amazed anyone can discuss Paisley of all places as some sort of retreat in Scotland.You are portraying this garbage dump to the outer planet as though its worth a look.Why don't you tell them "that's if they can walk from one end to the other" without being attacked by some so-called brave gang of hoodlums.You are fool to even mutter words as if these patrons live in the Taj Mahal of europe.I lived there and I've always been disgusted with the sheer violence of the place.The inept creatures vying their worth outside the downtrodden pubs, waiting for the drunkest contender, and he not willing to fight twenty pieces of scum,therefore must be a coward.Yes' my dear friends this is the mentality of the pure neds, that Paisley is riddled with.I for one never held this no-hope Town in high regard,relishing the thought I'd left. Disillusioned
  • Obviously, the neds are the worst thing about Paisley. Howver, if you don't go to the places where they hang about, and steer clear of them (eye contact, etc) then you won't notice them so much.
  • The present / junkies / cheap pub's / councillors who dont care.
  • The funny tasting beer from buchanens
  • sunday nite telly b4 you get ready for school
  • My wench
  • The times Ive pulled a burd and had nowhere to take her
  • April 2003 - Labour controlled Council! Graffiti (everywhere)! Litter (everywhere)! Potholes (everywhere) - you can tell when you come into Paisley from outlying areas by the state of the roads. Try it next time if you're a passenger in a car (for obvious reasons NOT the driver) coming back towards Paisley, just close your eyes and see if you can tell the difference in the roads! Planning Dept who are allowing development on any/every spare bit of ground in Paisley. MOTTO "If it was green before it's not anymore"! Neds (everywhere) - need no introduction! Kids and adults alike who have no respect for their surroundings, no courtesy or thoughts for others, no manners and no hope! Police/clean-up patrols/truant officers (where???) - loads of kids out and about during school hours, discarding litter (even next to bins), daubing graffiti and creating a general nuisance. Pretty much have the run of the town unchallenged!
  • Must be the gritting service in the winter run by the local council..the worst I have seen in recent years due to a new revamped super gritter according to Renfrewshire Council....GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!
  • Not enough unique stuff, shops etc. Too many commercial chains - but then same with most towns.
  • ST.MIRREN FITBA CLUB
  • The gangs!
  • The amount of kids hanging about the High Street and dropping their litter all around the bin and never in it
  • Paisley as a whole sucks. Thats a fact. Try finding a job here and you'll know what I mean. There seems to be two types of people in this town. First theres your neds. Theyre everywhere. And almost as bad are the middle class v neck jumper volvo driving crowd who walk about claiming they live in a wonderful place called rauuuwwwuuuwwwlston(thats snob speak for ralston). Pronounce it right you goddamn toffs. OK so some people are nice. But youll have to go to a stmirren game to find them. (1 exception is the guy who goes to every game and sings down with the third lanark all the time. Please shut the hell up :| ) If you want a decent conversation go and talk to the skateboraders. Theyre nice peeps. Oh dear i have gone off topic.
  • PAISLEY
  • mass rat infestation thievery on every street corner kung fu ninja grannies
  • There's nothing in the place!! It's all in Glasgow.
  • The awful smell that lingers over the town allegedly from one of the factories from the last century which still operates.
  • There is not a singularly bad thing. Everything is shocking. Send in the Army.
  • The people, on a whole, are unfriendly, ill-mannered and easily confused.
  • The atroashus speling and gramerr of the loacal kontributorrs!
  • Pot holes in the roads, neds who attack you if you look at them, all the murders and drug deaths (there was another today) the coucil when they have punch ups and the police have to be called, unfriendly shop keepers, St Mirrens bad results, and the stupid one way system.
  • the taxi rank near the piazza (after the pubs shut), you wait for ages and hear view all manners of verbal abuse and stupid fights, pay almost double you would for a private hire taxi, and risk confrontation from "neds" if you look at them the wrong way, my advice: stay clear and phone a private hire from where you are, or at least, keep yourself to yourself
  • smallmindedness of a lot of people here,apathy is also rife ,asis chewing gum but thats not only Paisley!The crippling rates that are forcing the wee guys ,{shopkeepers}out of town,the to let signs everywherein the town ,because people cant afford to continue to rent properties which are grossly overpriced,so as a result the town ends up looking like a ghost town sometimes,the weeneds that feel a need to inflict themseves upon other peoplePhyisically and verbally?
  • Crappy roads, obscure signs, nasty drivers. Politicians, especially those who capitalise on Paisley's (largely undeserved) bad reputation. Vandals, especially the ones that muck up places like the Gleniffer Braes.
  • All the Old Firm supporters in Paisley (to the uninitiated - Rangers and Celtic g;loryhunter fans)
  • Stabbing capital of Europe!!!
  • Paisley has developed a rough reputation over recent years, relating to shootings, stabbings and slashings. This resulted from members of rival families trying to outdo each other in the supply and control of drugs in some of the outlying schemes. As can be expected, these incidents were confined to the people actually dabbling in the dealings, but it was blown out of all proportion by the media.
  • The state of the roads in some places are horid. Also antics of certain non leading members of the local council.
  • The LIONS and the animals talk back! Message from the Keeper of Natural History at Paisley Museum who looks after the stuffed animal collection. The Lions and Tiger have been standing in the Natural History Gallery for many years and are loved by generations of Paisley Buddies. Why not come along and meet them!
  • No-hope teenagers with nothing better to do than vandalise other peoples property.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An interesting - if rather drily commented on by Betty Spoke (nice lass, great/interesting dress-sense but not very enthusiastic.) - fillum, about the Ferguslie Mills.

The site as it was, now is and some historical background to several of the buildings still extant.

And a wee bit about the park, itself.

http://www.paisleypeoplesarchive.org/heritage-trails.aspx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I dunno if I missed this GLORIOUS Paisley camcorder club video of the wonderfully sunny Paisley Day dedicated to Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street...?

It HAS to be in this thread, also, as it has some magnificent drone shots of the toon.  Lovely.  :)

I dunno if I missed this GLORIOUS Paisley camcorder club video of the wonderfully sunny Paisley Day dedicated to Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street...?
It HAS to be in this thread, also, as it has some magnificent drone shots of the toon.  Lovely.  [emoji4]

That was magic [emoji4]

Thank you for posting that.

Another positive wee insight to the re-birth of 'our wee town'

Taking a while, but Paisley is on it's way back.

• 1 month later...

Looks like what's left of the Half-Time School is to be knocked down for flats: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/bulldozer-plan-paisleys-historic-half-11006472

My brother lives near so I go past it quite often when I'm up the road. Never knew what the remains were until today and form what I can find it looks like it was an impressive building back in the day. Would have been nice if they could have incorporated what was left into the new development but guessing that isn't viable so probably for the best that the site is cleared as it's an absolute eyesore.