Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

Animal, first off I agree with you about the sanity of any individual borrowing £3k at any sort of APR for use of a car parking space, a chance to jump the queue at the bar and for some advertising. It doesn't make sense to me at all - just as it didn't make sense to me the previous board offering shares on finance, or season tickets on finance either. No-one should ever be over extending their finances for a football club no matter how "loyal" they think they are,

However I can't agree with you on the CIC. I've got a query against the figures but the statements from 10000hours have been clear, they will only bid what they can afford, and if the subscriptions from the 77's and 87's group don't make target that bid may well fall short of the £1.5m. So far as the costings are concerned for the finance package that was being funded by individual members we are told it's now 145% of target.

I've got no concerns at all about the financial viability of 10000hours or of what they are proposing and there certainly isn't a similarity to Rangers at all.

Sorry if you have not understood my corncerns. I will try again.i am not saying that there is a similarity to Rangers. I am try to make the point that if (as most people want) Rangers are not in the SPL all the other clubs will suffer financially. This will make Mr. Atkinson's financial model even more unstable. Hope that is clear now.

Well i did long ago.....Shareholder who wanted money ..close to McGeogh??

Never wanted any money from anyone. Happy to support the Club not the CIC / Co-OP scheme. Just bought season ticket. Not close to Mr. McGeogh. Not daft enough to pay money to let so called miliionaire run my club with out putting his hand in his own pocket.

Sorry if you have not understood my corncerns. I will try again.i am not saying that there is a similarity to Rangers. I am try to make the point that if (as most people want) Rangers are not in the SPL all the other clubs will suffer financially. This will make Mr. Atkinson's financial model even more unstable. Hope that is clear now.

Yeah - can't argue with that Animal. I wasn't at the last meeting but there was a suggestion after it that BII may have a condition attached to the funding relating to Rangers continued involvement in the SPL, and there is obviously the threat playing out on here that some members will cancel their 10000hours subs if Rangers do continue in the SPL.

So far as the model is concerned - yeah there's risk. On this forum we see St Mirren fans threatening all sorts if the vote on Rangers doesn't go their way. Some are going to boycott all SPL fixtures, some will boycott only the home fixtures of those who vote in favour of a Rangers Newco retaining SPL status, and some are threatening to boycott the club and cancel their direct debit.

If there is a mass boycott of the club by it's own supporters will mean that St Mirren FC is no longer financially viable. There would be expensive contracts to honour and no money coming in so Mr Gilmours financial model is also unstable. The same is true for anyone buying the club whether it's 10000hours or one of these mysterious *foreign* buyers everyone has been threatened with - St Mirren FC will be financially unstable. However regardless of the stability of the football club, if the subscriptions continue to 10000hours then they will be financially stable and the risk to them only starts if people carry through their threat of cancelling Direct Debits.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

no brainer..one way forward and the chance for fans to decide, it's a chance in a million! the only people that can't get the scope of what can be achieved have not st mirren but themselves at heart. I'm sorry stsid but you're like a light bulb on and off and it makes me wonder what you as a person has to achieve out of this? one team and the fredom to voice your best will for the club.......man, that is more than any true saints fan can ask!

PS:

Broonie.....whats your shout? i am voting you as my voice!

Animal my good man! if your a saints man it has nothing to do with Rangers...forget them. This is your choice to decide what is best for the Saints. Only one choice that I can see and it's stairing you in the face. Concentrate on the saints and forget about Rangers..Celtic..Man U and think about the bigger picture. we were almost gone until S.Gilmour jumped in and you should pause and take a breath.......SMTID!

COYS!!!!

Never wanted any money from anyone. Happy to support the Club not the CIC / Co-OP scheme. Just bought season ticket. Not close to Mr. McGeogh. Not daft enough to pay money to let so called miliionaire run my club with out putting his hand in his own pocket.

And how do you think any other private buyer will finance the club? If you think they'll use their own money then your showing your naievity.

They will borrow against the club - something which isn't particularly bad, as clubs have always been run this way - so the supporters. (i.e. season ticket holders like you) will be paying for some so called millionaire to run the club anyway. The difference being less risk with the cic model.

no brainer..one way forward and the chance for fans to decide, it's a chance in a million! the only people that can't get the scope of what can be achieved have not st mirren but themselves at heart. I'm sorry stsid but you're like a light bulb on and off and it makes me wonder what you as a person has to achieve out of this? one team and the fredom to voice your best will for the club.......man, that is more than any true saints fan can ask!

PS:

Broonie.....whats your shout? i am voting you as my voice!

Hi Bababrooks, I've no seen you about for donkey's years. The high level aims of the CIC are spot on Bud. That's why I was very much up for it early on and support 10000 Hours to death on here.

My position now is similar to yours. You're looking to Broonie for a bit of guidance and I think that most fans are doing the same. Trying to find someone that can reassure them this is all good. I'm no different. I want the information to be able to say - yes, this is what I thought it was going to be...let's go for it. I just don't think the case has been proven to the point where I am comfortable with the gamble. I keep saying it - this is now a gut fell decision and nobody should be castigated for whatever way they chose to go. I'm waiting to see what happens on the other side. If it is all good then I will join up.

The big challenge for fans is the deadline. It has forced the issue as 10000 Hours failed to argue their case on their own merits - suddenly there was a sign up or it'll get sold to some unknown bidder. Fans now find themselves in a catch22....which is the biggest risk. Not a good place to be. The decision is yours Bud - Broonie would be a good should for guidance, but don't blame him if he calls it wrong...no fans have enough information to properly advise other fans.

On a lighter note. Here's a f'k'r of a typo in an article relating to the CIC:

http://icrenfrewshire.icnetwork.co.uk/tm_headline=biddgers-get-more-time-to-raise-cash%26method=full%26objectid=31217761%26siteid=87085-name_page.html

Biddgers get more time to raise cash

Jun 19 2012

By Andy Newport

THE bid to buy St Mirren is going into extra time after chairman Stewart Gilmour agreed to grant a deadline extension.

The fan-backed 10000Hours group have struck a £1.5million agreement with Gilmour and four other directors who are selling a controlling stake in the Paisley club ... but have yet to come up with all the cash needed to seal the deal.

Now they have been given until close of business on Thursday to finalise their offer.

Despite raking in pledges worth £10,000 a month from individual fans, bid architects Richard Atkinson and Gordon Scott admit they are still short of takers for their 87Club and 1877Club membership packages, which are worth between £3,000 and £25,000 each.

If they fail to attract enough funders, they will be forced to renegotiate their deal with the consortium who are already mulling over offers from two foreign investors.

Yfab your glass is not half full it is spilling over. I admire your positivity however I see things just a wee bit different. The extension proves one thing that being not enough capital being raised and I personally don’t see the money being raised unless Richard and Gordon want to fund the rest themselves. I also don’t see the price dropping. Hope I’m proved wrong.

Charlie Adam retweeted a Buddies fan today to back 10000Hours, went out to over 420,000 of his followers punk.gif

I'd be more impressed if he took out an 1877 membership - he's not exactly short of a few bob - less than a weeks wages for him, which just about sums up how f"k'd up football is.

I'd be more impressed if he took out an 1877 membership - he's not exactly short of a few bob - less than a weeks wages for him, which just about sums up how f"k'd up football is.

It'd be a conflict of interest to own shares in the club that he signs for.

It'd be a conflict of interest to own shares in the club that he signs for.

I never asked him to sign for us....just put money back into a club that helped his career - he's earning more than £25K per week. When he came to us he was a fat waddling disaster of a player. If he parts with less than a weeks wages to help us out then I'll be impressed - a f'k'n tweet furfuxake...get a grip.