Cic And Cancellations

BuddyHolly9

Hi All,

I've been reading a SMISA article on the CIC and it seems a bit worrying the lack of information provided however that is not my main concern regarding this plan, I'm more worried about the prospect of when push comes to shove and mandates are converted into actual withdrawaks from people's accounts will they still be willing to pay them? Also, what happens if numerous fans start to pull out? This seems like the easiest way to protest at the club, i.e. hold them to ransom, I can just see it in a few seasons time if the CiC goes through and we have a bit of a bad run, will the fans still be as interested in parting with their cash?

I did check the FAQ on the 10000 hours site but never saw the answer to the above, I know some sensitive souls on here get a bit excited about repeat questions.

BH

Good first post. Good alias. Good point - we really haven't discussed over the past two years or so what might happen if folk get fed up and cancel DDs. Needs some thought.

It has been discussed. And the general consensus was that it would just not happen en masse.

If numbers got so low that the CIC couldn't be run on an even keel, its main creditors would assume control of the club (on day 1 that would be the consortium, GLS and BII - too few to result in administration.)

It has been discussed. And the general consensus was that it would just not happen en masse.

If numbers got so low that the CIC couldn't be run on an even keel, its main creditors would assume control of the club (on day 1 that would be the consortium, GLS and BII - too few to result in administration.)

Sorry mate, I was being gently sarcastic in my reply. I committed the cardinal sin of not adding a wee smiley to the end of my reply.

Thanks for the reply Steve, it was actually a genuine question and not from an alias as Mr Sarcasm seems to think. Is this how all new posters are treated thumbdown.gif. Glad you like the name though PB.

Back on subject, I tend to agree that people wouldn't walk en masse (present TCFKAR situation apart) but I am genuinley concerned that enough people chuck it in protest at something or other down the line that breaks the model.

Thanks for the reply Steve, it was actually a genuine question and not from an alias as Mr Sarcasm seems to think. Is this how all new posters are treated thumbdown.gif. Glad you like the name though PB.

Back on subject, I tend to agree that people wouldn't walk en masse (present TCFKAR situation apart) but I am genuinley concerned that enough people chuck it in protest at something or other down the line that breaks the model.

Well I've chucked it as part of a protest over what's currently happening in Scottish Football so yeah I don't think it's such a stupid question. I am only two of six though so perhaps that's an indication of how unlikely the situation you are talking about actually is.

FWIW, I still have a lot of goodwill for 10000hours and for REA, Tony and Chris and the protest wasn't aimed at them even though it directly affects them and I would be happy to back 10000hours IF it can be squared with my conscience. Whether that can happen or not will be determined in the next couple of days I would imagine.

Sorry mate, I was being gently sarcastic in my reply. I committed the cardinal sin of not adding a wee smiley to the end of my reply.

I was more referring to the OP , although after replying I did consider I was being whooshed!

It's hoped - and expected - that the membership will increase once people see it actually in practice. However, there will be a risk that the business side of it can't continue - as there is with any business - however its thought that that risk is better spread between 1000+ rather than e.g. 5 businessman, as has been the case recently.

A bit disappointed in the responses to you BH9. This is a valid concern. We have already seen a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul....the commercial / corporate members fell short so the "solution" appears to be not to worry as there's plenty rank & file members. That on top of the there already being a planned shortfall to be made up from whacky CIC projects. The lack of corporate and commercial buy-in to 10000 Hours is my biggest worry. If 10000 Hours aren't bringing commercial / corporate members into the mix then what is it they are actually offering? There's a significant sum of initial cash missing from the plan. We are told this will be managed by creating capital from the direct debits. The detail on that is as always sketchy. I would like to see everyone transfer their commitments to SMiSA and let 10000 Hours negotiate with them to get the direct debits transferred across if and when 10000 Hours actually produce the financial package that does not leave the club at risk. At the moment 10000 Hours is f"k all but fan pledges and a £500K loan.

The CIC saga is a bit like the Rangers saga it seems to go on and on. How long has this debate going on now , three years is it.

Understand the importance but it just seems like a never ending story. Next year we will have to fill up new direct debit forms. The do say third time lucky !

I know its late, but For what it's worth I was one that cancelled my DD. I no longer have faith in the whole shootIng match or 10000 hours and the communication. I hope it all works out, but I'm, as they say, out. Just my own verdict. I also think that Scittish football will be damaged beyond repair next week when the SPLs chairmen let Sevco in next week.