Nero Blanco Fund Launched

div

I'm not entirely sure there is any problem here.

10000Hours already have 1,000+ members, all with their existing bank details already setup in our system.

We have offered the ability for those members, plus anyone else who does not necessarily want to join the CIC to donate to a fund.

We will use that fund to help the club if we are asked.

If we are asked we will look to have that money considered in the deal we are working on to buy the shareholding

If we raise money through Nero Blanco but are unsuccessful in buying the shareholding we will give the money to SMiSA to do whatever they like with it

I am not sure in what way that can be construed as being divisive, we are even offering a scenario where we give potentially thousands of pounds to SMiSA !

10,000 Hours to what sounds like some kind of Latino name which is sending out confusing signals. Add to this SMISA basically starting a club fund also. Anyone would think there is a split in the support ?

Glad to hear 10,000Hours and SMISA are talking, fingers crossed both can come up with a united front One name one group united.

I’m all for buying the club through 10,000hours. However for supporting the club financially in times of trouble my leanings are for an independent association such as SMISA is the best way forward simply because there is no conflicts of interest from a fans independent association.

Guest somner9

It makes for weary, unfocussed, thoughtless reading, when without a defined aim and objectives the phrase "Fighting Fund" is associated with a football club.

For every 100 "fighting funds" started, I'd wager 99 fail on first contact with the enemy (problem). Take a look at RFFF, it seemeingly was destined to coin in millions on pledges, but fell painfully short. And without a clear aim or objective to what it was "Fighting" for the donated cash has been squandered on legal fees, and paying off debts unnecessarily. (scumgers could have sold a player to pay the dung off).

Now we have two set up, 10000 hours insisting that they are working with Smisa and they will in certain circumstances give their fund to them. And Smisa not saying naything about this new found romance with 10000 hours. add to that no one knows yet what battle the various fighting funds are fighting!

It's weary, confusing, predictable and knee-jerk, and that is how it will be perceived by the wider support.

Talk about a conflict of interests???

10000 hours set up a fund to illicit donations for a "Fighting Fund"

The money will be paid to SMFC

52% of the shareholders in SMFC want to sell their shareholding to 10000 hours

The BoD of SMFC is made up of the 52% selling consortium... and 10000 hours

How much more feckin money is it going to take to get the sellers to part with their shareholding???

How's about we sit tight on the DD's for cic membership, and if said selling consortium can't hack what the very near future brings, instead of supplying them with and extra revenue stream to hang around with an inflated asking price, we do a Chrlie Green and pick it all up for a nominal value when it's in administration???

Or we could launch at least half a dozen other fighting funds and piss that money up against the wall too?

From todays release of Nero Blanco;

Which is exactly why we have not used the direct debits we already have in place for kicking off the emergency fund.

You are having an argument with yourself here John and trying to create an issue where one does not exist.

No argument here at all div.....just questioning the need for two organisations setting up two different models for the same outcome. Double the effort and adding fuel to the idea that fans are split on the 10000 Hours takeover. Judging by the level of information on all the inter-association talks they must have lasted about 30 seconds. Is this further transparency? Are we now seeing conversations between fans organisations protected by commercial confidentiality from other fans? The situation is farcical, shambolic, ludicrous, shameful, embarrassing and needs sorting. Fans will be lost to the club as the situation is as goodwill sapping as the SPL / SFA / SFL situation.

Sid I really can't see it. SMiSA have absolutely no intention of buying the club. They don't have the ability to buy the club and having had years and years of contributions from members they didn't succeed in getting a single member onto the board. Instead they put their hands in their members pockets to bail out the board of directors whether it be in helping to fund a youth development programme the club hadn't bothered with, or whether it was buying towels and t-shirts to save the players from having to buy their own. Now I appreciate their intentions were honourable, but tell me Sid, what did they actually deliver in terms of putting a fan in the boardroom, or even in terms of having a voice that the board of directors listened to?

What a bizarre attack on SMiSA and oddly enough one that can just as easily be applied to 10000 Hours. How many ST MIRREN supporters are on the SMFC BoD? 10000 Hours has had the support and finances that SMiSA couldn't even dream of for 3 years now. 10000 Hours had £750K of grants lined up and blew it. 10000 Hours appear to be trading on the commercial reputations of their "leaders" and yet failed beyond anyones expectations on raising commercial investment for the CIC. I'm not and never have been a member of SMiSA; however as far as I am aware they are an open organisation and will will work with any fan irrespective of whether they pay them money or not - they were kind enough to take on and distribute thousands of "Show Racism the Red Card" when I presented them to them - there was no shite about you must pay if you want a say in what we do, or if you want to put something forward that will help the club. There is no trick from SMiSA about having to pay them money to be involved in their attempts to support the club through an organised and constituted supporters body.

I had a point & laugh at them on here about the towel / dressing gowns or whatever it was. There was no outrage about that from them - in fact I think it happened before I asked for their help the SRTRC....they actually took that project and have taken it on further than I had hoped. For me it was an opportunity to annoy Airdire fans - SMiSA have taken the positive message to Renfrewshire's schools.

10000 Hours waltzed onto the SMFC with a story that they could raise £2M from the St Mirren community that they would hand over to the consortium. The idea that 10000 Hours and the selling consortium are not working together is clownary. There is a conflict of interest.

SMiSA are clearly independent of the takeover, and will ensure the funds are used if and when required for the financial health of our club.

10000 Hours may end up asking supporters to transfer the money from the "fighting fund" to the takeover bid. The two need to be kept completely separate.

Your attack on SMiSA is evidence that the two organisations having a disjointed approach to raising funds for the club is to put it kindly - causing confusion to fans. Utter shambles.

Guest somner9

No argument here at all div.....just questioning the need for two organisations setting up two different models for the same outcome. Double the effort and adding fuel to the idea that fans are split on the 10000 Hours takeover. Judging by the level of information on all the inter-association talks they must have lasted about 30 seconds. Is this further transparency? Are we now seeing conversations between fans organisations protected by commercial confidentiality from other fans? The situation is farcical, shambolic, ludicrous, shameful, embarrassing and needs sorting. Fans will be lost to the club as the situation is as goodwill sapping as the SPL / SFA / SFL situation.

Wonder if there will be a "Totaliser" up on the 10000 hours site telling us the amount pledeged to the 'Matt Bianco' fund?

Edited by somner9

This thread should be renamed, "sid starts argument in an empty house".

Sid needs to put up or shut up. Actually both of these options are good.

Either give the club financial support or go away and let us get on with it.

Wonder if there will be a "Totaliser" up on the 10000 hours site telling us the amount pledeged to the 'Matt Bianco' fund?

Its exasperating somner9.......I remember scumgers going through all this bollox with multiple supporters associations point scoring off each other in radio phone ins with various agendas - some pro-Murray, some anti-Murray....some pro-Sectarian singing, some anti-sectarian singing. That was mildly amosing as the OF are prone to that sort of f"kwittery.

Time to knock it all on the head and give supporters back their integrity. If 10000 Hours want to be representative of ALL fans and not just its "members".

Either give the club financial support or go away and let us get on with it.

Who is "us" Kendo? Why does financial support of the club need to be an additional "donation" over and above what we already pay into the club - why does the donation need to be made through either 10000 Hours or SMiSA? Are you only a St Mirren supporter if you are a member of a supporters organisation. Should anyone that isn't a member stop supporting St Mirren?

Us = Supporters willing to give financial support if required without bleating like a sheep.

Just to be clear - if you don't donate through a membership scheme are you no longer a St Mirren supporter?

Edited by St. Sid

Just to be clear - if you don't donate through a membership scheme are you no longer a St Mirren supporter?

For clarity, if you wish to donate you are a supporter who wishes to and can afford to donate.

If you don't wish to donate or can't afford to donate you are a supporter who wishes not to donate.

Simple.

Guest somner9

For clarity, if you wish to donate you are a supporter who wishes to and can afford to donate.

If you don't wish to donate or can't afford to donate you are a supporter who wishes not to donate.

Simple.

Agreed...Simple!

But what amount of donations are required to fight which cause, and will the selling consortium/10000 hours/A.N. other bidder stand to gain benefit from spuriously donated cash?

If people knew exactly, how much, how long, where, and why? It'd be a start

Agreed...Simple!

But what amount of donations are required to fight which cause, and will the selling consortium/10000 hours/A.N. other bidder stand to gain benefit from spuriously donated cash?

If people knew exactly, how much, how long, where, and why? It'd be a start

I feel I would need to side with Sid and Somner here. I have signed up to 10,000 hours but that was before the end of the world was described by Doncaster and seconded by SG. What I would like to do is help St.Mirren FC if I can but I would want it to be completely seperate from 10,000 hours. I'm getting a bit concerned that part of a fighting fund for Saints might be used to pay an inflated price to buy the club from the syndicate. I don't want cross fertilisation.

Simple.

So what you said earlier was just you being a bawbag. Glad you clarified that for "us"........ "us" being ALL supporters irrespective of whether you are a member of a non-existent organisation or an organisation that has been helping St Mirren for years, SMiSA.

ALL supporters will help St Mirren Football Club in their own way. We don't need a f'k'n "I got conned by 10000 Hours badge". thumbup2.gif

So what you said earlier was just you being a bawbag. Glad you clarified that for "us"........ "us" being ALL supporters irrespective of whether you are a member of a non-existent organisation or an organisation that has been helping St Mirren for years, SMiSA.

ALL supporters will help St Mirren Football Club in their own way. We don't need a f'k'n "I got conned by 10000 Hours badge". thumbup2.gif

You are bonkers.

Am I a little bit stupid or What ?????????

I have read the info from 10000 hours and if I have got this right, I would ask you all to think a little bit more before you jump in with your money.................

We" FANS/10000hours" Members are being asked to donate money to help the club survive via 10000hours/ SMISA schemes.

and at the end of the day we have no guarantee after we have bailed them out with season tickets and extra cash that someone else could then come and buy the club and we have all lost our money.

I have read the following paragraph dozens of times and \i am very unsure of it. We (All fans of SMFC) are going to give our money to help run the club through hard times for some rich git to take over when the money rolls in again.

We, and the club, greatly appreciate that offer, however we also appreciate that there are many individuals who support the club who do not wish to take up a monthly subscription and we are also mindful of the fact that in a competitive bidding situation there is no guarantee that 10000Hours will emerge as the successful bidder for the majority shareholding. In short we do not want to draw down the original funds unless they are to be expressly used for the purpose for which they were pledged.

So my problem is with this...lets say after a year we have given SMFC £120K, Rankers are back in SPL with 14/16 other teams, some rich git wants to buy club offers SG £2.2 million........ deal done we have all lost out.........

Not for me SORRY unless 10000hours/SMISA make it a condition to SMFC that if we donate money they will accept our offer for the club

I have read the info from 10000 hours and if I have got this right, I would ask you all to think a little bit more before you jump in with your money.................

We" FANS/10000hours" Members are being asked to donate money to help the club survive via 10000hours/ SMISA schemes.

and at the end of the day we have no guarantee after we have bailed them out with season tickets and extra cash that someone else could then come and buy the club and we have all lost our money.

I have read the following paragraph dozens of times and \i am very unsure of it. We (All fans of SMFC) are going to give our money to help run the club through hard times for some rich git to take over when the money rolls in again.

We, and the club, greatly appreciate that offer, however we also appreciate that there are many individuals who support the club who do not wish to take up a monthly subscription and we are also mindful of the fact that in a competitive bidding situation there is no guarantee that 10000Hours will emerge as the successful bidder for the majority shareholding. In short we do not want to draw down the original funds unless they are to be expressly used for the purpose for which they were pledged.

So my problem is with this...lets say after a year we have given SMFC £120K, Rankers are back in SPL with 14/16 other teams, some rich git wants to buy club offers SG £2.2 million........ deal done we have all lost out.........

Not for me SORRY unless 10000hours/SMISA make it a condition to SMFC that if we donate money they will accept our offer for the club

You missed out another scenario, we don't put our money in and the club folds.

you know this as fact?

how many supporters will it need to save the club from folding? how much per month? is it for one season? what are the alternatives?

if the club folds what happens to the assets?

only asking as you have came out with a definitive statement so i assume you will have some knowledge of the above.

Edited by Evil_Panda

Guest somner9

Or the other scenario!

We start to draw down the cic DD's, align with Smisa and in the event the club goes into administration/needs bailing out we negotiate a REALISTIC selling price for the majority shareholding.

Fifth rule of fight club - don't buy a business that says it may be getting into trouble, wait till you know how much trouble and then decide to bid (or not) accordingly

At last....someone else sees it.

Putting money in without stipulating the conditions for that donation is simply retaining value in worthless shares that are being flogged by the consortium and by Gordon Scott. Why make individuals rich when it's the football club you all give a shit about?

I wish fans would engage their brain first.

NO 10000hours then offer less than 1.5 million for club

Sorry.....when my business was short of cash flow it was me that put money in not my customers..........thats what directors are for, and if they dont have the money at least then say that if 10000hours/fans donate money, that they will then be owners of the 52% share holding that they have at present, when funds are in place.

Scenario is SMFC as per SG statement is going to be in Financial trouble ? SMFC directors Cant/Wont put money into club?

Club is then not worth 1.5 million

Fans/10000hours donate £120K to help run club and then Selling Consortium then sell for 2.2 million to Mr Moneybags Esq do SG and Co then give back money to Fans/10000hours???????

We are not in as much debt as others in SPL clubs, and with them getting more of a share of the money thus then losing more money I dont hear other clubs asking for this sort of assistance.

What difference does it make to you?Read your comment about going to Crappielow next season.Why not save yourself money and look out your old green and white scarf?

I don't think the club has asked for this .....SMiSA have done what they do best and started a fund with the knowlege it might be needed quickly. The big thing about 10000hrs just now is they have banking details for anyone who would like to donate directly to the club. If it was possible I would ike them to change the terms of my payments from a buyover to a donation to the club. The money we will raise for next season will be quite small....Maybe £50,000? and the better way to save the club is to buy a season ticket. If you can do both then great. If the club sell to another body then so be it.....If SG says he wants £1.5Million after next season then I will withdraw from 10000hrs. In short 10000hrs is just a convenient way for me to donate money to the club and I would be just as happy to do it through SMiSA

I don't think the club has asked for this .....SMiSA have done what they do best and started a fund with the knowlege it might be needed quickly. The big thing about 10000hrs just now is they have banking details for anyone who would like to donate directly to the club. If it was possible I would ike them to change the terms of my payments from a buyover to a donation to the club. The money we will raise for next season will be quite small....Maybe £50,000? and the better way to save the club is to buy a season ticket. If you can do both then great. If the club sell to another body then so be it.....If SG says he wants £1.5Million after next season then I will withdraw from 10000hrs. In short 10000hrs is just a convenient way for me to donate money to the club and I would be just as happy to do it through SMiSA

I see what you are trying to say............. what I am unhappy about is that we give them money to run club and then sell to a.n. other

It like me asking mates to pay £50 a month towards my mortgage for a year............... I then sell the house and keep the money. Would you buy into that ????

What we are doing is keeping the club afloat for them to keep the figure at 1.5 million.

PS heres my bank details 99-88-77- 18771987

Edited by alanmurray24