The Admit 10000 Hrs Is Dead And Public Apology Thread

St. Sid

irony3.jpeg

We've got the makings of a very bright future going on down at St Mirren Park, I would challenge all saints fans to get hep it and leave you're behind past you!

Or is it 'leave your past behind you'? anyway get off your ass!

donkey_~x15336936.jpg

Sid has not changed since I joined the site - the only difference is that I can see is that this time he has offended someone with the authority to ban him. It's a sad day for this site.

Who wouldn't be offended if they were being called a liar and a cheat who was deliberately misleading the St Mirren support?

Surely it isn't simply about offence being taken at John's posts, though? There has to be a point at which repetitive, tedious trolling that puts people off returning the forum is deemed detrimental to the site itself, and a significant majority of those who enjoying using it, and has to be curtailed accordingly. Not a damn thing unreasonable in that.

Like I say that's been his style for the 8 years I've been on the site the only difference I can see is that it's div's ball.

I've been on here for a good while and have seen a lot of Sid's pish... but I don't remember him calling St Mirren fans liars and cheats with an agenda to deliberately try to deceive fellow supporters into parting with their cash for a scheme they knew to be a fraud.

Christ, he even tried to rip the pish out of the Vankini charity thread with his 'Weegiescumbagland' bollocks.

Have a pop at Div all you like, but he has to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

Surely it isn't simply about offence being taken at John's posts, though? There has to be a point at which repetitive, tedious trolling that puts people off returning the forum is deemed detrimental to the site itself, and a significant majority of those who enjoying using it, and has to be curtailed accordingly. Not a damn thing unreasonable in that.

I certainly wasn't defending Sid in my comments. I thought Div showed the patience of a saint. (Maybe St.Mirin?) I couldn't believe the way Sid went on and on. I do believe that Sid did bring something to the forum and I will miss his input-- well, some of it. I did cross swords with him on a few occasions.

I've been on here for a good while and have seen a lot of Sid's pish... but I don't remember him calling St Mirren fans liars and cheats with an agenda to deliberately try to deceive fellow supporters into parting with their cash for a scheme they knew to be a fraud.

Christ, he even tried to rip the pish out of the Vankini charity thread with his 'Weegiescumbagland' bollocks.

Have a pop at Div all you like, but he has to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

Saltcoats???

I genuinely think that you and Sid both bring a lot to this forum and I personally will be sorry if you both disappear but what the hell do you expect?

Dig deep and come up with some humility, you and Sid both.

I don't give Sid the benefit of that doubt. He is a wind up merchant who knows exactly what he's at. I'll miss him. Let's all get back onside and have no more back stabbing. And don't get yourself barred.

Sid has not changed since I joined the site - the only difference is that I can see is that this time he has offended someone with the authority to ban him. It's a sad day for this site.

Even although I haven't quoted all of RickMcD's two posts, I totally agree with what he said in them. I also agree with Bud The Baker's post. I want to concentrate more on St.Sid-gate as appears to have happened. I think everyone on here, as Rick said, more or less knew, that St. Sid was this forum's major "winder-upper" and as Bud The Baker said, the only real difference that I can see this time is that he's p*ssed off the person in charge. There's all sorts of tittle-tattle and nonsense gets posted on here with people being accused of all manner of things and nothing ever gets done about it (you all know the kind of posters I'm on about) but when it's aimed at a Moderator then that's a different ball game altogether.

Who wouldn't be offended if they were being called a liar and a cheat who was deliberately misleading the St Mirren support?

Yeah, I totally agree with this. You always make me see things in another light, Pozbaird! He was out of order re the Children's Hospital thing.

I certainly wasn't defending Sid in my comments. I thought Div showed the patience of a saint. (Maybe St.Mirin?) I couldn't believe the way Sid went on and on. I do believe that Sid did bring something to the forum and I will miss his input-- well, some of it. I did cross swords with him on a few occasions.

I was responding to Bud the Baker's post, Rick.

I agree that John was more than capable of contributing postiively to the forum. This made his crazed campaign of the last few weeks all the more bizarre.

Edited by Drew

Yeah, I totally agree with this. You always make me see things in another light, Pozbaird! He was out of order re the Children's Hospital thing.

There was simply no need for that. If any of us didn't like the idea or the chosen charity - just refrain from posting or donating. Simple as that. I have never once reported any of Sid's posts to a moderator - not even this week on the official website forum after being called a liar and a cheat again. There's only so many times in my book though, that you can spout stuff like that on any forum and then just try to play your 'forum WUM' card. That's my opinion of what Sid was doing.... thought he could call anyone anything he wanted, or slag anything he wanted - then when questioned on it, hide behind his persona of forum clown.

It got to a stage where I never read his stuff. However I had the luxury of being able to do that. Div had to defend his position, the more he explained himself the more unreasonable sid got. Surprised div put up with it for as long. I did like some of sid's stuff, but NOT lately.

I really like this site mainly because of the loose approach to moderation - sure there's been a couple of occasions when I've locked horns with other posters from time to time but I prefer it to the Pravda style moderating you get on the OS.

Up till about a week or so ago it was div's boast that he had not censored anything - I suppose he can still make that claim but if he does it'll seem pretty hollow to me.

Big bad Div, EVERYTHING is his fault.

Baldy bastard !

You were spot to ban Sid, The guy is a joke, he nothing more than a cowardly bastard, and that has nothing to do with 10000hours, Div knows my reasons for disliking this idiot, he nothing more than a sad lonely coward, hope you fall into that category S9 cos you don't seem that sort of guy, it will do you no favors to Allie yourself with that whimpering bastard Sid, As for Div, Hes does a fantastic job on this site as do his mods, To get abuse from his fellow saints fans for doing nothing more than letting you air your views is disgusting, Ive had my run ins with Div and the mods, But at the end of the day you don't get barred for nothing, Sid more than deserved it, lets hope he stays away. Edited by santaponsasaint

I really like this site mainly because of the loose approach to moderation - sure there's been a couple of occasions when I've locked horns with other posters from time to time but I prefer it to the Pravda style moderating you get on the OS.

Up till about a week or so ago it was div's boast that he had not censored anything - I suppose he can still make that claim but if he does it'll seem pretty hollow to me.

div likes this.

There is a balance to be struck, though. For all the benefits of a loose approach to moderation, if someone can't regulate himself to the point that people will simply vote with their feet and chuck the site altogether (sometimes putting someone on 'ignore' doesn't suffice), then Div and the moderators are pretty much left with no option but to act. John knew he was pushing it, but didn't back off.

Just like the club is bigger than any single player, I reckon this site is bigger than any single poster. John is the biggest loser in all of this, but he brought it on himself.

he ranted and raved and called all sorts of people all sorts of names, if it's the case he gets banned for that then he should have been banned long ago,i personally did not like his two faced posts, but i could ignore that, somner9 isn't calling anyone liars or cheats but he's being rounded on because he's being linked to sid, which is wrong,seems to me somner has a totally different view and is not accusing anyone of anything, i remember the posts he speaks of when he was wrongly being labelled a bigot - now that is far more serious than anything sid said and the accusing poster is still on here, that's the difference. someone today even goes to the ridiculous length of slagging somner for a typo, weak form.

catch a grip and warn folk if they become abusive then ban them, don't start goading people into posting something they could get banned for,i know somner9 and can tell you it won't work with him

catch a grip and warn folk if they become abusive then ban them, don't start goading people into posting something they could get banned for,i know somner9 and can tell you it won't work with him

I'm not sure how many times I need to say the same thing but I have NO intention, and NO desire to ban Somner9 from the forum.

I don't want to ban ANYONE from the forum. I've ran the forum for over ten years and I can honestly tell you I could count the number of users I have personally banned on one hand.

The independence of the forum means a lot to me but I also deserve to have an opinion as well, but it seems that some posters think because I happen to run the forum that I am not permitted that right.

I supported 10000Hours bid to bring fan ownership to the club from the beginning to the end, I won't ever apologise for it as I thought, and still do think, that fan ownership is the right model for our club.

I also appreciate that others disagreed, and the likes of Somner and Sid did so with a lot of energy, more than I could muster certainly. I allowed them to absolutely dominate the "St.Mirren for Sale" section for months without any intereference from me whatsoever.

Where posters begin to make serious allegations about individuals though I have to draw the line. I'm not having someone come on the forum and accuse me of telling lies to fellow supporters and taking financial gains for supporting the bid - none of which has even a grain of truth to it - and all posted without ANY evidence to support it.

In the last two weeks I have received three lawyers letters relating to posts just like that which have been made on Pie and Bovril. Other people won't stand for it and I'm not alone in that. I won't go as far as that as I don't want to and I don't have to. I asked John to stop it and I asked him to provide proof of his allegations.

He did neither and he was banned both for that, and for continually trolling every thread with his anti-10000Hours campaign, even though 10000Hours was now no more. There is only so much you can take and I won't allow one invidual to completely spoil the forum for everyone else.

I've already decided I'm not going to volunteer for the fans council (I'm sure they will be glad !). Simply can't be arsed with the bitching and politics around our football club to be honest. I don't need it and I don't want it. I've better things to do with my time.

That's me on this, over and out.

i respect your decision to ban sid, what i am saying is it should have happened a while ago because he was always the same then he got round to almost straight out accusations because he was getting away with taunting people

i'm not saying you should be harsh and strict but maybe a bit more of an earlier warning will stop folk in their tracks,

you have stated to somner that you have no intention of banning him, i believe that but i object to people jumping in and slagging him for a typo when the only reason i see for that is they are having a go because they decide to side with you in your discussion with somner,

i'm not accusing you of rounding on him, it's the others who jump in without any reason other than to wind him up