Whisky Drinkers

thomsons dropped it

It's for keeping Ian, I like stuff like that, "nice to have" as my Norwegian Shipmates would say.

I should be at work but we are swapping one of the old style Lifeboats for two new Freefall type so with the reduced P.O.B. I get a free pass this trip.

Eight weeks off ohmy.pngshock1.gifclap.gif Ya Beauty !!!

Excellent you lucky man.

I'm worried of getting a Looong time off with the down turn. So many changes. Got full pay for travel days which takes me five days going and coming from work. Now they are only giving half a days wage for no more than 3 days. The company are laying off 2,500 people world wide so hope I can ride out the storm.

They are selling 8 ships but have 5 new ships coming out of Rotterdam over the next 12 month. Been with this company since 1992 so hoping that means something but you never know

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

I prefer Glayva to Drambuie. It's odd that I can drink both but (literally) can't stomach whisky itself.

I can't drink whisky either.Dont think I've even tasted Drambuie but the Glayva was beautiful.In saying that Buckfast out a hip flask in a cold Ullapool would probably be beautiful.

Guest TPAFKATS
I can't drink whisky either.Dont think I've even tasted Drambuie but the Glayva was beautiful.In saying that Buckfast out a hip flask in a cold Ullapool would probably be beautiful.

I used to prefer glayva but now find it too sweet compared to drambuie. Prefer a malt to either of them these days

Just back from a few days in Lisbon...32c every day ...roasting. At Inverness Airport on the way down,the Cardhu I bought in Tescos for £25 was an eye watering £61 :o

Bottle of Balvenie Doublewood was £58 :o:o 

Surely even tourists would know they are being fleeced there ??  or would they. ???

Anyway, currently having a Haig Club and Coke with ice, as recommended on the Bottle. Nice.   :cheers

P.S. Bought the dearest round ever on Friday night in the Hotel...19 Drinks ...255 Euros  :shockaroony

20 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Just back from a few days in Lisbon...32c every day ...roasting. At Inverness Airport on the way down,the Cardhu I bought in Tescos for £25 was an eye watering £61 :o

Bottle of Balvenie Doublewood was £58 :o:o 

Surely even tourists would know they are being fleeced there ??  or would they. ???

Anyway, currently having a Haig Club and Coke with ice, as recommended on the Bottle. Nice.   :cheers

P.S. Bought the dearest round ever on Friday night in the Hotel...19 Drinks ...255 Euros  :shockaroony

Were they litre bottles or 750ml?

SCOTCH whisky sales have fallen by one million bottles in the UK in the wake of the so-called spirits tax.

Official HM Revenue & Customs figures show 36.7 million bottles were sold in the world's fourth biggest market for Scotch in the first six months of 2017 – down from 37.7 million in the same period last year.

The Scottish Whisky Association (SWA) blamed the 2.6 per cent fall on the hike in excise duty announced in the March budget which added around 36p to the average bottle of spirits.

Going by some of the prices mentioned the above the fall must be at the bottom end of the market. 

Edited by Bud the Baker