Smfc-On This Day.....

HSS

Meadowbank 0 Saints 4 ( McGarvey, McDowell, Young and Stark)

1976, Spring cup sectional tie, the first away my maw let me go to with my pals in the Knox Street supporters bus.

I think We lost to the Soapdodgers in the Semi Final.

1983....Scottish Cup.....Airdrie 0 SMFC 5.

Can't remember if this was McAvennies debut,certainly one of his 1st games for Saints.

Frankie Boys debut was in a 4-3 away win for us on the opening day of the season 1981........

We got attacked in the car park after the game......Ahhhhh...Memories of good old days/stadiums

Frankie Boys debut was in a 4-3 away win for us on the opening day of the season 1981........

We got attacked in the car park after the game......Ahhhhh...Memories of good old days/stadiums

Aye,so it was.Knew there was an Airdrie connection.

1983....Scottish Cup.....Airdrie 0 SMFC 5.

Can't remember if this was McAvennies debut,certainly one of his 1st games for Saints.

That is one of my favourite days out at the footy..................rattling old "football special" from Gilmour Street, Broomfield with it's odd little stand in the corner, two baying sets of supporters seperated by police holding a rope stretching from the back to the front of the terracing, non-paying punters climbing (and getting cheered over the wall), and a Billy Stark hat-trick in a 5 - 0 win. Fabulous stuff to a spotty teenager!!