Saints V Newcastle Tues 30Th July

Do you seriously think that we have the pick of their U21 side? If THEY deem a player would benefit from a spell with us then he would be offered not the other way around.

If you feel paying £15 to watch what will be a training session then that's up to you, me I'd rather watch a good film with some sweets

Guest somner9

The mounted division of Police Scotland are already putting their team through a rigorous training programme to make sure we can accomodate our Geordie guests!

6299467915_9d38c35212_z.jpghorse620_1710792a.jpg

Edited by somner9

Guest somner9

loved the line highlighted in bold meant for shull

"Season Tickets for this match ARE NOT valid."

I take from that NUFC will field a team of mainly first-team squad unless injury/fatigue dictates otherwise. supplemented by reserves/U21's that they want to look at playing with their big boys in a competitive match.

Basically what every club (ours incuded) does in pre-season games when there aint a sponsorship/trophy/cash prize involved.

The cynic in me would say that if they field Dummett then they have met the 1st team player part given his FA Cup cameo appearance ;)

Lol you might be right! It may be a blessing that they are not bringing their strongest squad, although they were pretty gash last year. I expect a big improvement from them next season though Pardew is a bit of a cock

Guest somner9

loved the line highlighted in bold meant for shull

"Season Tickets for this match ARE NOT valid."

I take from that NUFC will field a team of mainly first-team squad unless injury/fatigue dictates otherwise. supplemented by reserves/U21's that they want to look at playing with their big boys in a competitive match.

Basically what every club (ours incuded) does in pre-season games when there aint a sponsorship/trophy/cash prize involved.

add this from Madman Pardew's mouth!

"

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Alan Pardew will give a host of senior players game time against Scottish League Cup holders St. Mirren when Newcastle visit Paisley for a pre-season friendly next month.

The fixture was announced on Wednesday as part of the Magpies' under-21 summer schedule, but while some of United's rising stars will be involved, so too will several star names.

Last August, the Magpies beat Hartlepool United 5-1 at Victoria Park as the likes of Curtis Good, Jak Alnwick and Mehdi Abeid were joined by Hatem Ben Arfa, Davide Santon and Steven Taylor and Pardew plans to use a similar blend of youth and experience at St. Mirren Park.

"We thought the Hartlepool game worked well last year," the manager told nufc.co.uk. "It was a chance for us to ease people like Hatem, who had been involved in the European Championships, back into the fold and it was probably one of our best performances of pre-season.

"Sylvain Marveaux got a couple of goals and Shola Ameobi, Haris Vuckic and Gabriel Obertan all scored. By the time the St. Mirren game comes around I'll be starting to formulate my team for the first league match of the season and I see this friendly as an opportunity for some players to try and force their way into my thinking.

"So there'll be a nice mixture for that one, similar to Hartlepool last year, because it's a Scottish Premier League team we're facing and we're expecting a good game there."

Kick-off at St. Mirren Park on Tuesday, 30th July, is 7.30pm and ticket prices are £15 for adults, £8 concessions and £5 for children.

How long have we moaned that we play Ayr, Dumbarton, Stirling and Morton... repeat. Ad nauseam.. Season after season after season.Then we build a good relationship with an EPL side that not only sees their loanees help us to a trophy, but a friendly match-up is organised, and we're still moaning?

It's the only friendly I'll be going to, and I'm happy paying £15 to see my long-time English favourite club take on St Mirren. Kids? U21s? Guys with the talent of Newton and Dummett? Mixed in with first teamers and up and coming kids? Should be a good evening's entertainment.

If you don't fancy it, don't like the pricing, don't like the U21s element, or don't like the fact that NUFC have 'relationships' with many more clubs than SMFC - fine, don't go. Freedom of choice. Why are St Mirren getting stick for this though? This fixture ups the ante, possibly further cements the loanee possibilities, and knocks seven colours of shite out of Dumbarton away...again, and again, and again.

How long have we moaned that we play Ayr, Dumbarton, Stirling and Morton... repeat. Ad nauseam.. Season after season after season.Then we build a good relationship with an EPL side that not only sees their loanees help us to a trophy, but a friendly match-up is organised, and we're still moaning?

It's the only friendly I'll be going to, and I'm happy paying £15 to see my long-time English favourite club take on St Mirren. Kids? U21s? Guys with the talent of Newton and Dummett? Mixed in with first teamers and up and coming kids? Should be a good evening's entertainment.

If you don't fancy it, don't like the pricing, don't like the U21s element, or don't like the fact that NUFC have 'relationships' with many more clubs than SMFC - fine, don't go. Freedom of choice. Why are St Mirren getting stick for this though? This fixture ups the ante, possibly further cements the loanee possibilities, and knocks seven colours of shite out of Dumbarton away...again, and again, and again.

I'll be there,£15 in hand.:)

I would love to see a big crowd for this game.

Black and white bunting between the lamp posts on Greenhill Road.

A few beers and laughs in the pubs beforehand.

All of the pubs showing the St. Mirren Day DVD.

And if possible, if there is no corporate on that evening, the lounge opened up like the last time with both sets of supporters made welcome.

The PR opportunities are endless.

I would love to see a big crowd for this game.

Black and white bunting between the lamp posts on Greenhill Road.

A few beers and laughs in the pubs beforehand.

All of the pubs showing the St. Mirren Day DVD.

And if possible, if there is no corporate on that evening, the lounge opened up like the last time with both sets of supporters made welcome.

The PR opportunities are endless.

It's a pre season friendly/training session FFS, you'll be lucky to get 1500 at the game

Some are extremely deluded on here talk of sell outs opening bars etc is laughable

Nothing wrong with suggesting the bar be opened to home and away fans. I would get home tops for sale in the club shop that night - fiver discount for away fans wanting a black and white 'unusual team' top as a souvenir.

Hmm. St Mirren tops for sale in the St Mirren club shop - what kind of drugs am I on? Silly me.

Why would we open our bar pay for heating,lighting staff etc for what is basically a training session? You will be lucky if 1500 people attend this session.

This game could cost our club money.

It's all-ticket. St Mirren will have a decent idea in advance how ticket sales are going, and if it would be worth opening up the bar.

Football club has bar.

Football club has match on.

Football club opens up bar.

This, even for St Mirren, isn't hugely thinking outside the box. Surely.

Is the game not live on Sky?

No - but it's on at the Showcase, so you just go along and watch it with your sweeties, while we have a few beers with some Geordie lads and gan oan doon tae the match to welcome the new season along.

P.S. It's on in theatre No. 1 - you'll know where to go if you watch for Gus going in! clap.gif