Let's All Laugh At Sevco/ Celtic Thread !

shull

8 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Alex Rae getting owned by Tom English on Sportsound right now. Alex Rae is a blue nose apologist, it’s cringeworthy. “Scottish football needs a strong Rangers”, aye right, here’s your arse Rae

In fairness they both had good points to make.
Scotland may not need a strong Rangers but it does need a competitive league in order to attract better sponsorship, TV income etc. which leads to better players, better European performances and a better national team. It's a virtuous cycle.

For Souness to be talking about Scottish football dying is just utter pish.

Rae to his credit did concede that Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts etc don't NEED a strong Rangers in the end. His problem is that he is confusing a competitive league with that competition to Celtic naturally and solely coming from Rangers.

English's problem was that he wasn't answering the perfectly reasonable point about an uncompetitive league losing sponsorship money over time because he was so obsessed with defeating the "strong Rangers" point that he wasn't actually getting to the root of the issue.

Rae certainly didn't get his arse handed to him. It was a pretty decent discussion from both.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness they both had good points to make.
Scotland may not need a strong Rangers but it does need a competitive league in order to attract better sponsorship, TV income etc. which leads to better players, better European performances and a better national team. It's a virtuous cycle.

For Souness to be talking about Scottish football dying is just utter pish.

Rae to his credit did concede that Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts etc don't NEED a strong Rangers in the end. His problem is that he is confusing a competitive league with that competition to Celtic naturally and solely coming from Rangers.

English's problem was that he wasn't answering the perfectly reasonable point about an uncompetitive league losing sponsorship money over time because he was so obsessed with defeating the "strong Rangers" point that he wasn't actually getting to the root of the issue.

Rae certainly didn't get his arse handed to him. It was a pretty decent discussion from both.

I'd disagree about a strong Rangers leading to a better national team -what's the link?

Domestically, loss of sponsorship money in the short term may be a valid point but who needs a strong Rangers most - Celtic & ex-OF players like Rae who make their living off the rivalry.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I'd disagree about a strong Rangers leading to a better national team -what's the link?
Domestically, loss of sponsorship money in the short term may be a valid point but who needs a strong Rangers most - Celtic & ex-OF players like Rae who make their living off the rivalry.

Rae was as you say “confused”on that point, English certainly put him right, Rae conceded, that’s what I heard, a fan boy letting his blue specs confuse him. So why split hairs, just concede that English owned him on that.

11 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Where did I say a stronger Rangers would lead to a better national side?

5 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Rae was as you say “confused”on that point, English certainly put him right, Rae conceded, that’s what I heard, a fan boy letting his blue specs confuse him. So why split hairs, just concede that English owned him on that.

"Owned him"?

Sorry I dont use phrases like that because I am not 12 years old.

Rae conceded the point which is to his credit. Nobody got "owned", "slammed", "crushed" or any other ridiculous expression.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

And so it will continue until they start to bring in some money from European competition. Without that they can't compete with the other ugly sister who continue to build up an impressive war chest [emoji41]
Unfortunately for the rangers the business plan fell another year behind schedule back at the start of July.

Whatever happened to the “Financial Fair Play” rules?
• 6.7 million loss in revenue last season.
• operating costs of 32 million.
• over 15 million in debt to interest free loans.
• Over 7 million required for the next two seasons.

SEVCO are relying on European football to bring down their debt? That’s a bit like walking into a car showroom, putting down a deposit and saying I’ll pay the rest of I win the lottery.

• 2 weeks later...

A wonderful weekend so far

No need to get ratty

:lol: :lol: :lol:  THE NEWCUNTO FC ( 2012 )  0  HAMILTON ACADEMICAL  2  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek McInnes - A real Sevco man  0  Motherwell 2  ( He really is a pish Manager )  :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, oh, St MIrren won....................you need a new hobby. :lol:

Been on a high regarding St Mirren Football Club since 2.50pm today.

This Thread is just a wee hilarity bonus. :lol:

Former Motherwell and Celtic striker Andy Walker believes Chris Cadden and Louis Moult will carry the main threat to Brendan Rodgers' Invincibles at Hampden on Sunday. (Scottish Daily Mail, newspaper edition)

When does it stop getting embarrassing for folk to use the moniker "Invincibles" ? A 7-1 hammering does'nt seem to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Murtys Week-

Saturday AM- Select Jack First IX ( Have a Plan B)     Monday ......Send in Appeal/Appeals ......      Thursday Get Appeal Overturned......               Saturday AM Select Jack  First IX (Have a Plan B ) ....................................................................................

Edited by DougJamie

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
21 hours ago, DougJamie said:
As I never talk about the OF, Sevco/ Green Brigade scum .... just wanted to ask, even the old Rangers

When was the last time the OF lost 7-1 on aggregate in a league weekend?  I think its a first ?

Is that because they don't play European games at the weekend?

Mate

I said 7-1, not 17-1:lol: