Hearts And Us.

Prediction for season end? - starting with a 15 point lead. I predict we'll end the season still 15 points ahead of em' - assuming they see the season out. Not sure how I really feel about this. Weird starting 15 points ahead of anyone - even though they deserve the deduction. It somehow takes a bit of the new-season enthusiasm away if you ask me. I suspect Partick Thistle will be pretty pleased about it though. Gives them a right good boost as the new boys. Thoughts?

I'm not getting too exited about them starting 15 behind. Dundee lost points mid season for going into administration and still managed to stay in the first division. I think the players Hearts look to be keeping will be extra motivated to stay and get the required points to stay up.

I haven't given it a great deal of thought.

Next season should be all about how far up the table we aspire to finishing the season. Last season was all about the cup win, but I reckon we should now be looking to push on in the league, so I don't want to consider how it might pan out at the foot.

I haven't given it a great deal of thought.

Next season should be all about how far up the table we aspire to finishing the season. Last season was all about the cup win, but I reckon we should now be looking to push on in the league, so I don't want to consider how it might pan out at the foot.

Might not be a foot of the table issue - how many points we finish ahead of a team we get a 15 point start on. My opinion that we will finish 15 points ahead of them doesn't assume that both clubs are at the bottom!

It will depend on the squad that we can assemble prior to the start of the season. I'm a bit fearful that we'll get off to a poor start as our squad might take time to knit. We are really short in a few areas and Thommo and Teale ain't getting any younger.

Would not like to predict until I see both squads for the start of the season. Certainly don’t see Hearts folding going by the story in the Scotland On Sunday regarding a buy out for the Hearts from an Edinburgh consortium led by what used to be head of the SRU. 15 point reduction is only five games we have had a run more than that not winning a game

No idea who we are bringing in if Novo is true I see that as a huge gamble that could back fire on Danny big time. Just hope we can finish up the league further than we did this season though I would settle for 11th .

It is a season of unprecedented opportunity though isn't it? I mean lets face it. St Mirren have a 15 point advantage over a side that can't afford to pay wages over the summer and who are going to face signing restrictions come the start of the season. With so many positions unfilled in the St Mirren squad and with season ticket money in the bag - could Gilmour and Co use the situation to cut the playing budget to end the season in profit? And could this be a season for Danny Lennon to blood youngsters - if the are good enough - into the first team?

It is a season of unprecedented opportunity though isn't it? I mean lets face it. St Mirren have a 15 point advantage over a side that can't afford to pay wages over the summer and who are going to face signing restrictions come the start of the season. With so many positions unfilled in the St Mirren squad and with season ticket money in the bag - could Gilmour and Co use the situation to cut the playing budget to end the season in profit? And could this be a season for Danny Lennon to blood youngsters - if the are good enough - into the first team?  

Naw and naw.

What will be will be .....and as much as I want Hearts to survive they must pay the penalty they are given. 15 points and a cull in the playing squad is fair for me .....I once thought another club would do the same and that would have been enough for me but hey ho It never happened. I was never a Rangers hater on here until ....Well you know.

With so many positions unfilled in the St Mirren squad and with season ticket money in the bag - could Gilmour and Co use the situation to cut the playing budget to end the season in profit?

Is this another attempt at throwing shit in the hope some sticks?

Is this another attempt at throwing shit in the hope some sticks?

No - just asking the question.

After all the biggest complaint from managers in years gone past was that you couldn't give youngsters their first team break because the league was so tight. Now the SPL has a crippled club in it that start the season looking for five wins just to get back on even terms with everyone else in the league - and they are going to have to do so with a small squad and transfer restrictions that will prevent them from strengthening in January. Why pay big wages to the usual crop of standard journeymen when you can cut the playing budget and give kids a chance?

..........that is assuming that the club actually has faith in their youth programme and the manager believes in the quality on offer to him from the pro youth set up.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

With only thistle left to keep our heads above you may have called this one correct SD,, but i hope not.....

After all the biggest complaint from managers in years gone past was that you couldn't give youngsters their first team break because the league was so tight. Now the SPL has a crippled club in it that start the season looking for five wins just to get back on even terms with everyone else in the league - and they are going to have to do so with a small squad and transfer restrictions that will prevent them from strengthening in January. Why pay big wages to the usual crop of standard journeymen when you can cut the playing budget and give kids a chance?

..........that is assuming that the club actually has faith in their youth programme and the manager believes in the quality on offer to him from the pro youth set up.

you say that like its a bad thing.

Hearts finished 10th last year, 3 points ahead of us.

Most of the top players from that squad won't be there next season - Webster, Zaliukas, Sutton, Ngoo, Wilson, Tauoil, Grainger...etc etc - and there is a transfer embargo in place preventing them from signing replacements.

Basically a squad that was already rubbish is going to get all its top performers removed, isn't going to be allowed to replace them and is going to start 15 points behind everyone else.

If they don't get relegated it will be an absolute miracle, it wouldn't surprise me if they struggled to reach a double figure points tally next season.

Would not like to predict until I see both squads for the start of the season. Certainly don’t see Hearts folding going by the story in the Scotland On Sunday regarding a buy out for the Hearts from an Edinburgh consortium led by what used to be head of the SRU. 15 point reduction is only five games we have had a run more than that not winning a game

No idea who we are bringing in if Novo is true I see that as a huge gamble that could back fire on Danny big time. Just hope we can finish up the league further than we did this season though I would settle for 11th .

McKie was supposedly part of the Blue Knights, who along with Brian Kennedy, offered about £1.5m to buy Rangers and offer a CVA of about 1p in the £ to creditors, and lost out to Charles Green. If I was a Hearts fan I wouldn't be placing too much hope in McKie and Kennedy rescuing Hearts when they are broke and have already spent 70% of next season's season ticket sales and have a few different sets of tax arrears and unpaid wages to sort out.

I have no concerns over Hearts points deduction. Its time we dismiss ourselves from looking at THAT end of the table and start looking upwards. If this is Dannys make or break season then we should look at who we are trying to catch for the highest finish.

Don't forget there is a play off this year for second bottom!

Guest somner9

What the feck is Jabba the pipefitter on about??? SMFC blooding young players???

what like McGinn, Mclean, Mcausland, Reilly, Newton, Dummett, Yacuab etc. etc....