Danny Says No More Signings

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/lennon-content-with-squad-after-adding-goalkeeping-duo.21466546

Anyone else sick of reading such negative nonsense?

Every year our current manager is reported in the press to be "happy with the balance of the squad" and "not looking to add anyone further".

I sincerely hope that Mr Daniel Lennon is lying or has been mis-reported.

Having renewed my season ticket only yesterday I must express my disappointment at such a negative article. At this time of year the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co are trying hard to sell season tickets to the footballing masses. One of the many joys of football is the eternal hope of a good signing, the expectation that the next one will be "the big one and the excitement of reading the press and forums like a child waiting for Santa. Such nonsense will not persuade our hard working Paisley souls (the ones that work anyway) to part with hard earned cash and for that Mr Daniel Lennon would need his testicles kicked black and blue for being so overtly stupid.

Having released so many players then I fully expect my team to add more players as last seasons league performance was NOT good enough. If Mr Lennon thinks that such a small squad is good enough then he can go f**k a monkey. I expect more!

Anyway just to re-iterate...I am sick of reading this pish.

The next headline had better read "Danny Lennon looking to bring In more faces in a bid to give the fans of the club value for money".

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/lennon-content-with-squad-after-adding-goalkeeping-duo.21466546

Every year our current manager is reported in the press to be "happy with the balance of the squad" and "not looking to add anyone further".

Having renewed my season ticket only yesterday I must express my disappointment at such a negative article. At this time of year the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co are trying hard to sell season tickets to the footballing masses. One of the many joys of football is the eternal hope of a good signing, the expectation that the next one will be "the big one and the excitement of reading the press and forums like a child waiting for Santa. Such nonsense will not persuade our hard working Paisley souls (the ones that work anyway) to part with hard earned cash and for that Mr Daniel Lennon would need his testicles kicked black and blue for being so overtly stupid.

Having released so many players then I fully expect my team to add more players as last seasons league performance was NOT good enough. If Mr Lennon thinks that such a small squad is good enough then he can go f**k a monkey. I expect more!

The next headline had better read "Danny Lennon looking to bring In more faces in a bid to give the fans of the club value for money".

Oh dear. bye1.gif

What I'm getting sick of is the constant stream of negative whining delusional bastards who don't seem to understand the financial constraints in our game; who think our club has a bottomless pit of cash and who think that administration can only happen to other clubs.

Cant believe you were trolled by Danny Lennon TT. Mind games are only supposed to work on agents and other managers, not fans.

At this time of year the club is trying its level best (or bloody should be) to sell season tickets. Such an article will certainly not persuade those who are considering making such a big purchase to make that leap of faith and part with the cash for a season ticket.

Every season, including January transfer window time, the same boring story is rolled out. The fact is that our club has absolutely no need to play mind games (in fact you just made up mind games).

If this Is true and Mr Lennon does not intend to add to the squad then one must question the ambition of the club.

A number of players are NEEDED just to reach the same level as last year let alone to move on up that table. I want better for my team and I bloody well want it, bloody well want it this season!

At this time of year the club is trying its level best (or bloody should be) to sell season tickets. Such an article will certainly not persuade those who are considering making such a big purchase to make that leap of faith and part with the cash for a season ticket.

Every season, including January transfer window time, the same boring story is rolled out. The fact is that our club has absolutely no need to play mind games (in fact you just made up mind games).

If this Is true and Mr Lennon does not intend to add to the squad then one must question the ambition of the club.

A number of players are NEEDED just to reach the same level as last year let alone to move on up that table. I want better for my team and I bloody well want it, bloody well want it this season!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. lol.gif

If true I wont be renewing my season ticket, But like others have said I think its Danny playing the media

you would stop going if there is no more signings?

ibrox isnt far if you just want to see a volume of signings, being a superfan its also nonsense, you will still buy one if we dont make any more signings.

why does lennon say it? squad is going away for training, he wants the guys going fired up he doesnt want to demotivate any in case the players he wants doesnt come off, dont forget it was only last week he said he was targeting guys but it was early days, these signings yesterday changed nothing.

What I'm getting sick of is the constant stream of negative whining delusional bastards who don't seem to understand the financial constraints in our game; who think our club has a bottomless pit of cash and who think that administration can only happen to other clubs.

I agree with you to a certain degree but you are way short of being justified in such an assertion at this moment in time.

Our club has released a high number of players and yet has only signed four (one of whom we are being told is a youth player). The team that underperformed so badly in the league last year WILL be weaker again unless we bring in more players.

I have no issue with the squad being more streamlined but at the moment its bloody ridiculous. I am not even going to start on the issue of the left back position.

Such a negative story is an act of stupidity.

If true I wont be renewing my season ticket, But like others have said I think its Danny playing the media

He may well be playing the media young Gary but to what end?

The club have absolutely nothing to gain from such a story being printed but do have something to lose (season ticket holders being put off as I have stated repeatedly).

Young Mr Lennon needs to stop "pissing on the chips" of its supporters with such down beat nonsense. In fact what was the point of the story at all?

The team clearly need more personnel or we will be looking at yet another second bottom finish and quite frankly its not good enough.

I am so raging I have taken my bunnet off and thrown it on the floor.

Tedious Tom, you are one of my favourite posters on here. But I am afraid, on this occasion, you have made a fool of yourself, a fool of yourself indeed

I disagree.

In fact I am more than happy with my contribution to the forum today.

I am also content that I have used the forum to air my views about our manager using the press in such a pointless and negative way. In fact I fail to see why any reasonable person would disagree with me. I can evidence that by the fact that faraway saint seems to disagree with me and that lately is clearly a good thing.

If I may repeat

Prospective season ticket holders may be put off by such negative nonsense. In what way can that be considered a good thing?

I demand more players...MORE I SAY!

Followed St Mirren home and away in very dark days the days when les than 1,00 were going through the gates at Love Street because of the crap on offer. Followed Saints when they nearly won the old first division that being today’s SPL. That’s what following St Mirren brings. When I watch the league cup final DVD a tear is still shed that’s the emotional tie every diehard fan has. Spit the dummy out but a Saints fan you will remain.

From the artical old yin There are some areas of the park that maybe we still need to strengthen but we'll assess it over the rest of the close season and on our break to Spain

What everybody wants to do is do an Andy Murray, and don't read, or believe, the stories in the press. They need to make up wording to suit selling papers an get you guys arguing among yersels. DL went to Spain one year wi the same story and brought back Tesselar.

From the artical old yin There are some areas of the park that maybe we still need to strengthen but we'll assess it over the rest of the close season and on our break to Spain

Thank goodness for that. I only wish you had told me that several minutes previous as I have just smashed my false teeth off of my old grandfather clock in an animalistic rage. I also threw my oldest underpants out of the window (they used to be white but are now a yellow/grey colour) before deliberately knocking over my pill box.

I shall now go pick up my bunnet before putting my mince and tatties in the liquidiser so I can sook a nice home cooked meal. Sook a home cooked meal indeed.