Danny Says No More Signings

I thought the same until I saw Grainger last night. You'd have to hope it's just lack of fitness but his positioning was poor, he was easy to get past, and I didn't notice him

get forward once.

Or maybe it was the fact that he's playing against a team of International standard players for the first time in his career and found things heavy going like most of our players?

Give the man a break.

And the cup win masked a shocking league campaign. Anyone who thinks last season was all rosy needs their head checked. What if rangers werent pish at accounting then we would probably have been pumped out the cup and finished bottom of the table.

I cant remember our league position in 1964, 2002, 1993 or just about any other year

I remember that St Mirren, who almost folded a few short years ago won the league cup this year, scottish cup in 1959 and 1987, they won the anglo scottish cup in 1980, won the first division in 1977, 2000 and several other years and many other great achievements by our small club.

Ask Andy Murray, Jack Nicklaus or anyone else if it's more important to be high in the rankings than it is to win trophys and medals. They know what people are remembered for.

The league Cup win was not a mask for other failures, it was a massive achievement in it's own right by our CLUB that will be recalled by people who will never be able to tell you how many times ICT finished higher than SMFC in the 21st century. To try and dismiss and belittle that achievement is to show yourself up as petty and mean-minded.

I cant remember our league position in 1964, 2002, 1993 or just about any other year

I remember that St Mirren, who almost folded a few short years ago won the league cup this year, scottish cup in 1959 and 1987, they won the anglo scottish cup in 1980, won the first division in 1977, 2000 and several other years and many other great achievements by our small club.

Ask Andy Murray, Jack Nicklaus or anyone else if it's more important to be high in the rankings than it is to win trophys and medals. They know what people are remembered for.

The league Cup win was not a mask for other failures, it was a massive achievement in it's own right by our CLUB that will be recalled by people who will never be able to tell you how many times ICT finished higher than SMFC in the 21st century. To try and dismiss and belittle that achievement is to show yourself up as petty and mean-minded.

So, because we won the League Cup, we should just accept shite for the next quarter of a century - like we did after 1987?

Yes, the League Cup win will always be remembered. But winning a major trophy and finishing higher in the league shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

If the memory of the League Cup win will tide you over while watching continuing shite then fair play.

Some of us want better. thumbup2.gif

So, because we won the League Cup, we should just accept shite for the next quarter of a century - like we did after 1987?

Yes, the League Cup win will always be remembered. But winning a major trophy and finishing higher in the league shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

If the memory of the League Cup win will tide you over while watching continuing shite then fair play.

The season hasn't even started yet but given resources (and yes I'm making assumption here) anywhere between 6th and 10th will be a decent finish for Saints. I'm sure your erstwhile buddy Cap'n Sensible had a table to show our historical position in the pantheon of Scottish football.

go support celtic then, it's the only way you will get it

I thought the same until I saw Grainger last night. You'd have to hope it's just lack of fitness but his positioning was poor, he was easy to get past, and I didn't notice him

get forward once.

What Grainger said after the game:-

Delighted to be back playing and can't wait for sat for the league games to get started!

Neither should they be inequitably linked. Both are stand alone issues as far as I'm concerned. Though. To qualify this. IF we had been relegated............. whistling.gif

Goals our team needs.whistling.gif

If I may be as bold as to expand on that for you

Our team does not need much, just the following

1) Solid and dependable goalkeeping

2) Solid and dependable defending

3) Fullbacks who, as well as defending can push up the park and assist the midfield/attack

4) A creative midfield that is not frightened to track back and defend when the occasion arises.

5) A good ball winner in midfield that can also pass a ball

6) A left winger who can take on a fullback and cross a decent ball

7) Strikers who can work well together, drag opposition defences out of position, win balls in the air, win balls on the ground and as previously mentioned, score goals.

That is only 7 small points. Not far away at all fellow forum user's, not far away at all!

If I may be as bold as to expand on that for you

Our team does not need much, just the following

1) Solid and dependable goalkeeping

2) Solid and dependable defending

3) Fullbacks who, as well as defending can push up the park and assist the midfield/attack

4) A creative midfield that is not frightened to track back and defend when the occasion arises.

5) A good ball winner in midfield that can also pass a ball

6) A left winger who can take on a fullback and cross a decent ball

7) Strikers who can work well together, drag opposition defences out of position, win balls in the air, win balls on the ground and as previously mentioned, score goals.

That is only 7 small points. Not far away at all fellow forum user's, not far away at all!

You're not as old as you make out! It's a half back line not midfield

I just don't understand why we have let lots of players go and not replaced them. Its a recipe for disaster, I just cannot understand why we have left ourselves so short. I'm starting to fear the worst.

Wring yir pampers oot.

We'll be fine, get a box of Peroni in and get ready to celebrate us top of the league tonight.

Send a bottle up tae arbroath to cheer auld Faraway Faceache up. punk.gif