Danny Says No More Signings

If I could be arsed I'd search through the forum and bring back the same comments from Lennon and the same reaction the last transfer window.

We then went on and signed three new players that window, all three of whom played pivotal roles in helping the club land the League Cup.

Be patient and don't believe everything that appears in the papers.

I am patient and I do not believe very much that I read in the paper's. Indeed I often double check the television listings!

That said I do maintain that the article does not paint our club as one that harbours ambition and as such cannot be a good thing for season ticket sales.

As to why Mr Lennon continues with this boring monotone style of media interview I just do not understand. Anyway, today is another day and I shall go find something else to worry my auld heid about.

This is actually hilarious.

They see the evidence that Danny has NOT said there will be no more signings and yet their anger won't allow them to understand those words.

to sell tickets he should be saying WE WILL BE SIGNING SOMEBODY

Whoosh was it? Oh no, outfoxed again by Mr Mensa. Damn!

Actually you got whooshed because you bounced like a melon into a conversation between two other people without stopping to consider the nature of the banter they were engaged in - so engrossed were you in the act of trying to verbally abuse one of them.

You were outfoxed by your lack of ability to understand the English language.

Like I said on another post I lack the patience to deal with people as slow as you.

That's why I directed the comment at Tom and not you so don't get involved in other peoples conversations and you won't outfox yourself again.

Edited by oaksoft

lol.gif

OMG do people like this really exist? I'm actually starting to feel embarassed for you.

I fail to understand your derision toward your fellow poster here. Indeed I will assert that it is somewhat unjustified and if anything you probably owe your fellow poster an apology for your flippant tone.

I could state "OMG what you not getting bout this? Im like totally affrontit"

What I would really mean is that the point made by your fellow poster was both simple and clear. The club should be promoting themselves as an exciting and upcoming club that are full of promise (again this will assist in getting season ticket holders on board and bums on seats for the pre-season fixtures). Whether our great wee club are intending on making a number of signings or not is actually beside the point. This is the time of year when the powers that be at our club would be well served to cultivate the close season excitement as some of that will equate to ticket sales. Simple marketing really and a football club will benefit from good marketing as well as any other business.

A simple "we at St Mirren are always on the lookout for new talent and this close season is no different. We have targets in mind and as always we will explore new opportunities". Such a simple statement will be entirely true but gives a positive image of our club.

The article may well be written in a far more negative manner that our Mr Lennon would have intended but when speaking to the press all he needs to do is to continually spurt out such meaningless but positive diatribe and the journalists will reflects this.

I want to see my club painted in a better light.

I am patient and I do not believe very much that I read in the paper's. Indeed I often double check the television listings!

That said I do maintain that the article does not paint our club as one that harbours ambition and as such cannot be a good thing for season ticket sales.

As to why Mr Lennon continues with this boring monotone style of media interview I just do not understand. Anyway, today is another day and I shall go find something else to worry my auld heid about.

Cauld heid you mean. You're bunnet's still on the floor remember......

Actually you got whooshed because you bounced like a melon into a conversation between two other people without stopping to consider the nature of the banter they were engaged in - so engrossed were you in the act of trying to verbally abuse one of them.

You were outfoxed by your lack of ability to understand the English language.

Like I said on another post I lack the patience to deal with people as slow as you.

That's why I directed the comment at Tom and not you so don't get involved in other peoples conversations and you won't outfox yourself again.

Ok, seriously, just stop now. The laughs are drying up. You and Faraway are like an old 70's comedy double act. I know I shouldn't be laughing but.......,,,

I can confirm Naymar is not one of the players that will be joining us,he has not even been on our radar. It would appear some silly posts are creeping in here now.

Gutted.

Ah well - cheers for letting us know.

In

Kealan Dillon (Hull City)
Gary Harkins (Dundee)

David Cornell (Swansea City - Loan)

Christopher Dilo

Out

Craig Samson (Kilmarnock)
Paul McGinn (Dumbarton)
Chris Smith (Stenhousemuir)
Sander Puri (York City)
Sam Parkin

Jack Smith
Dougie Imrie
Grant Adam
Graham Carey

Esma Goncalves - loan return

Paul Dummett - loan return

Conor Newton - loan return

We are currently eight players down on last season. Two of the four we have signed are eligible for our under 20's. I'm expecting at least another four players to be signed before the end of August.

Ok, seriously, just stop now. The laughs are drying up. You and Faraway are like an old 70's comedy double act. I know I shouldn't be laughing but.......,,,

Oh dear, bangin.gif

Enough, no point, you're inability to read and understand the reality is blinded by something only you can explain.

It's been fun, but I'm out. bye1.gif

no, its just give us hope

We've got that. We always have that. Hope that we improve on the previous season.

One or two more signings and I'll be full of hope. There's zero chance though of getting a signing that on their own will see a rush for STs. Not a chance. Unless Wayne Rooney is a secret lifelong Bud.

lol.gif

OMG do people like this really exist? I'm actually starting to feel embarassed for you.

Ilive in a world where less customers means less income which means poorer quality products to break even which leads to less customers and less income etc etc etc

ie the real world , where we talk up our product , engage in real marketing ,try to capture those customers who have bought the product in the past but somehow no longer do

increase our customer subase by all means available , and when we get the opportunity in the press we use it to encourage our customers

What you have to remember is Danny said he would be bringing in Quality signings this season, His words, Apart from Harkins who even then I don't know a lot about, I wouldn't call the rest of his signing quality, A third choice keeper from Swansea, French keeper who was released by Blackburn, And a Hull reserve who was released, Doesn't exactly inspire you to run to the ticket office to renew your season ticket, They might turn into good players who knows, But the squad as it is at the mo is not better than last years, and last years league run was poor, But TBH I think there will be more signings, and I think Conor Newton could back, Just a feeling, Hope so anyway good player.

Paul McGowan?

In

Kealan Dillon (Hull City)

Gary Harkins (Dundee)

David Cornell (Swansea City - Loan)

Christopher Dilo

Out

Craig Samson (Kilmarnock)

Paul McGinn (Dumbarton) - started 0 league games

Chris Smith (Stenhousemuir) - started 0 league games

Sander Puri (York City) - started 1 league game

Sam Parkin - started 12 league games

Jack Smith - started 0 league games

Dougie Imrie - started 13 league games

Grant Adam - started 0 league games

Graham Carey -

Esma Goncalves - loan return

Paul Dummett - loan return

Conor Newton - loan return

We are currently eight players down on last season. Two of the four we have signed are eligible for our under 20's. I'm expecting at least another four players to be signed before the end of August.

The three loan players are big losses, as is Samson. Other than that? Four players who never started a league game, one who started one league game, and two others who started 12 and 13 respectively.

Eight players down, of whom seven contributed little or nothing. And Carey didn't contribute too much either.

I'd rather have youngsters in for most of these guys, and we will sign another couple of players - that's clear.

Cornell

Vanzy. Mcgregor. Goodwin. Mcausland

Teale. McGowan. McGinn. McLean

Harkins

Thommo

What's the problem?

You don't see a problem there, Cheesey at full back, That wont work it never did under Gus, Which one of the four midfielders is your strong midfield holding player, McLean in a wide midfield position, A 2 year old could pick holes in that team,