St Mirren Merchandise

At Braehead today trying to buy two home strips for my sons, aged 7 and 10- none available... The boys were at the football camp at the dome this morning- club shop closed. Feels like two missed opportunities for the club to make money- we're an SPL side but sometimes it feels really amateurish. JD deal not working. Any ideas how long we're tied in?

At Braehead today trying to buy two home strips for my sons, aged 7 and 10- none available... The boys were at the football camp at the dome this morning- club shop closed. Feels like two missed opportunities for the club to make money- we're an SPL side but sometimes it feels really amateurish. JD deal not working. Any ideas how long we're tied in?

Too Long !!!!!

Only a matter of weeks after the launch and it is a similar story to previous years, despite assurances from JD and Richard Atkinson that it would be sorted after bedding in problems in the first year. Prefer the Paisley shop as I feel that the staff in Braehead really don't give a shit and selling the St Mirren kits is really just an inconvenience for them. You ask them questions about stock and they have no idea.

You have to take your shirt to the Stadium mate. That's what we've been doing the past couple of seasons. My Cousin's wee boy wanted the numbers on the shorts as well as apparently Provan Sports did that in their Causeyside Street shop but you can only get the shirt names, numbers and league patches put on at the Stadium. Just go in the main doors and speak to the girl on reception.

Okay cheers dude, still think it sucks a bit that I can't order it online with those included, bit of an unnecessary pain in the ass...stadium shop it is for me this year though.

I'm hoping the JD Sports deal finishes soon and isn't renewed. I've had to raise complaints with them about how my original complaint was dealt with, after trying to get home shirt ordered online. The complaint has apparently gone to management level, but that was over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing since. This is the first year for over 20 years that I will not be getting any of the playing kit as will not give this company one more penny, instead I will buy a couple of t-shirts from Provan Sports

Anyone else been able to buy a kit with official numbering/lettering/sleeve patches? I tried this last year as I wanted to buy it as a gift, turned out we were the "only" SPL side who didn't offer this service...wrote an EMail to SMFC and to JD...no reply from either...

you can get the num

ber put on at the saints shop,did it on saturday morning after the training,shop opens at 10

Edited by waldorf34

I was in JD Sports in the Paisley Centre the other day and there were tons of new strips, in adult and boy sizes too. I still don't like any of then that much, so bought the white track suit top which looks pretty smart. They also had a modest selection of last season's away top for a tenner and some of the embroidered cup final jerseys for £30, down from £42...

As for numbering, I took last seasons jersey into Provans in Hillington where they were able to offer me the exact same style of numbering as the SPL, just without the SPL logos on them, but identical otherwise. It begs the question though, will official numbering have SPL logos on them this season or 'SFPL' ?

I can't recall what they charged me now, but it was cheap as chips and per number/letter used.

The JD Sports deal has been great in some respects and not so good in others. No club sticks with the same kit supplier forever, so it will change at some point in the future no doubt. I'm willing to bet however that if we change to Joma, Errea, or some of the Puma shite I've seen (Newcastle), the complaints about shite template kits the same as some Junior clubs will outnumber the complaints levelled at JD Sports.

I'm willing to bet that as I spoke to an ex employee the Jd kit we buy is the same the players wear. Also the same shit eg puma happen to be one of the worlds top technical sportswear brands . An iconic brand is puma . So I'm happy to say that jd is a bog standard service with quite poor gear. Diadora are not making the kit . Their is no moisture control with the jd efforts either which lets it down. I think we're saints to get an Adidas or an umbro then you would see a tremendous spike in sales. Also ridiculous that on match days you can't buy a kit down and the park. You couldn't make it up

I'm willing to bet that as I spoke to an ex employee the Jd kit we buy is the same the players wear. Also the same shit eg puma happen to be one of the worlds top technical sportswear brands . An iconic brand is puma . So I'm happy to say that jd is a bog standard service with quite poor gear. Diadora are not making the kit . Their is no moisture control with the jd efforts either which lets it down. I think we're saints to get an Adidas or an umbro then you would see a tremendous spike in sales. Also ridiculous that on match days you can't buy a kit down and the park. You couldn't make it up

Couldn't give a toss if Puma are a big name brand or not, in my opinion since Newcastle moved from Adidas to Puma, the design of the Newcastle kits has went from superb under Adidas, to utter shite under Puma, and Puma have shown how not to do black and white stripes.

If we can move to Adidas or Umbro - suits me. If we can get Adidas or Umbro St Mirren strips sold in the St Mirren shop at St Mirren Park - suits me even better. I'm not interested in blowing sunshine up JD Sports arse, far from it.

Edited by pozbaird

I was in JD Sports in the Paisley Centre the other day and there were tons of new strips, in adult and boy sizes too. I still don't like any of then that much, so bought the white track suit top which looks pretty smart. They also had a modest selection of last season's away top for a tenner and some of the embroidered cup final jerseys for £30, down from £42...

Do you hang about street corners FS?

If so then I may well be frightened of you as being an old timer I am naturally afraid of the tracksuited corner hanger abouter.

I do not mean to be but it is like an instinctive reaction that one attains along with a bus pass.

Purchasing the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co team playing kit would have been a far better purchase as you will now frighten us pensioners. If I do happen upon you at a footballing match then may I request that you do not steal my wallet/season ticket/watch or false teeth.