Bring Back Carey

Would take him back in a heartbeat but not as a left back let him loose on the left wing Ian Ross style! Him and Teale down the flanks in prefered positions with a solid left back playing behind him and bring in a striker to complement Thomo. Jigsaw pieces final (rearrange)

Ian Ross was mainly used by St. Mirren in a left wing back role.

Carey was quite clearly a fat bastard when he arrived the second time around.

I was surprised when he first came back because he looked excellent in his first spell and I was sure he would get a bigger club.

The reason he had ended up back at St. Mirren became obvious when I saw his rotund shape in an oversized Saints top for the first time (indeed, his top was so large that it had an extra black stripe in it from the rest of the players!)

I can't comment on what went on behind the scenes but its clearly his bad attitude that was the problem.

I will say a few things about what I saw on the pitch however.

One of his biggest assets was his shot. I stated several times on this forum that he should be deployed on the right wing so that he could cut inside to shoot. He did eventually play half a game on the right wing and scored a memorable screamer against Dundee United after cutting inside. Never again did he play on the right wing.

Another asset was his set plays. Yet, very often, he took short free kicks which were wasted - obviously under instruction from the idiot manager.

And in his first spell he appeared to have a Rory Delap style long throw that caused the opposition all sorts of problems. Never once was this used under clueless Lennon. It obviously didn't fit in with his ridiculous possession style football.

So while Carey was more than likely a waster - the fact is that Danny Lennon wasted the talents he could have utilised over the past 2 season...

I agree with Isabella, mostly.

Said on here at the start of the season that I wasn't thrilled by his return, wasn't quite over his 'input' on the day of THAT final, enjoyed the long throw-ins (that we no longer saw) and relished his potential for free kicks and long shots.

But if he'd not been back then... Would I have fretted?

I think the word deployed was "meh"...

I still dunno what "meh" means, but the thought of another return from him brings "meh" back to mind.

We all move on.

Exactly that sums up the reasons behind all the freed players and nobody in to replace them. We're watching every penny which makes me wonder if we're as financially stable as what we've been led to believe

We're in the black. By not pissing money away, we're ensuring we stay there. Grainger in at left back would be an astute signing. More to come - when we find the right players at the right price.