Off The Ball: Smfc Homophobia Controversy

Hadn't heard a thing about it until the official statement. Though that'll be mainly cause i don't listen to that pish.

Decent statement from Saints though.

I quite enjoy Off the Ball, but didn't hear this edition.

Not like the super, soar-away Scottish Sun to stir things up, though....rolleyes.gif

I've just listened to a snippet of the guy making the allegation on the show. He does introduce the caveat that he isn't "casting any aspirations on the current St Mirren, sort of management...."

Well, that must be a comfort to Danny and Tommy1eye.gif

I was playing for the FCBC on the saturdays and youth team on the sundays at the time he mentions. We had Turbo and Ian Deans taking the pro youth. The only connection between Charlie and St Mirren was the myself and boy called Doig went to his college in Glasgow. Cant see any other connection and he never took any of my classes then i left inside a year to go to Uni but i know Doig had already been at the college doing an NC, then a HND and ended up working at the college after he qualified.

At the time he said he had been a coach at Dundee United and was currently helping Dumbarton, even going so far as to ask Doig down to Dumbarton from us.

All I remember was 'Get tae' fcuk Paeslack ya' lazy big German poof'. I take it this is unrelated.

Hmm, it does appear that the guy in question has a history of changing his name, so one never knows....

Watch this spacewhistling.gif

Stupid and potentially damaging allegations in this currently overly PC climate from a clearly troubled young man. Not surprising to see the BBC push this agenda, 5Live had a whole hours worth of chat about the gaiety and some now retired footballer who had "come out" and how the whole football world is full of closet homosexuals who are too afraid to own up to their sexual preference because football is too macho and lad like. So its fairly clear that "common purpose" are now attempting to sprinkle some of their left wing fairy dust in the Scottish bit of the game too. Its f**king pathetic, but it's how these cultural Marxists roll. Look for a story, blow it up outof all proportion and shove an agenda that nobody gives an actual f**k about down everyones throat and get us all hysterically examining each other behaviour and attitude.

Good to see it backfiring in this particular instance although a bit of a pisser that our club was plucked out of the hat to be the aunt sally figure for the BBC and the ultra PC and horrible leftard Cosgrove to have a pop at.

f**king cunts.

Not like the super, soar-away Scottish Sun to stir things up, though....:rolleyes:

but it's how these cultural Marxists roll.

Good to see it backfiring in this particular instance

The Sun as "cultural Marxists" - who's backfiring now?

:)

Stupid and potentially damaging allegations in this currently overly PC climate from a clearly troubled young man. Not surprising to see the BBC push this agenda, 5Live had a whole hours worth of chat about the gaiety and some now retired footballer who had "come out" and how the whole football world is full of closet homosexuals who are too afraid to own up to their sexual preference because football is too macho and lad like. So its fairly clear that "common purpose" are now attempting to sprinkle some of their left wing fairy dust in the Scottish bit of the game too. Its f**king pathetic, but it's how these cultural Marxists roll. Look for a story, blow it up outof all proportion and shove an agenda that nobody gives an actual f**k about down everyones throat and get us all hysterically examining each other behaviour and attitude.

Good to see it backfiring in this particular instance although a bit of a pisser that our club was plucked out of the hat to be the aunt sally figure for the BBC and the ultra PC and horrible leftard Cosgrove to have a pop at.

f**king cunts.

Leaving aside the rest of your right wing rant, we have a sport in which there are apparently no homosexual players out of the thousands who play professionally and you think there is no problem needing dealt with in this regard?

Leaving aside the rest of your right wing rant, we have a sport in which there are apparently no homosexual players out of the thousands who play professionally and you think there is no problem needing dealt with in this regard?

I don't play professional football so it's not going to be any great problem for me. What problems do you foresee anyway?

And don't forget, even though no problem currently exists, this will be turned around and entirely focussed on "fans behaviour". Football fans just can't be trusted you know.

I don't see how it's a problem really. I don't care a hoot about anyones sexuality, football player or otherwise. Why should gay players tell people they are gay? It's no ones business except their own, if they want to keep it to themselves fine, if they want to tell people fine. Them deciding not to tell people should not be seen as a problem.

I listened live to that off the ball show and just assumed .....well they were different times. Now It's shown he lied.. he is just a fcuk wit.... Gay or not he has lost any credibility I would have afforded him.....Gay or straight he is a scumbag putting down my club..... just.a fcuk wit really.

Edited by reborn saint

I don't see how it's a problem really. I don't care a hoot about anyones sexuality, football player or otherwise. Why should gay players tell people they are gay? It's no ones business except their own, if they want to keep it to themselves fine, if they want to tell people fine. Them deciding not to tell people should not be seen as a problem.

And what about if they do want to tell people and come out in public, but feel they can't because of the macho culture built up around football? Should that not be seen as a problem?