It Going To Be A Long Season I Fear

I know am writing this when we are being dismantled by ICT but after seeing us twice in pre season and now in our 1st League game we look disjointed and a team not going to be pushing for top six but fighting relegation.

So chairman and DL get at least 2 quality signings in before we get relegated

I don't think gilmour trusts Danny hence he is being forced to get on his knees and beg newcastle who are quite rightly taking there time to find the correct club for their young players to develop and flourish . Saints dismantled a te and brought in nobody bar harking and grainier. The goalie is v hesitant and doesn't command the area. An old head required

Too many players off the boil, indeed, very tepid.

Gowser got as much space as he did against Newcastle.

The John McGinn today was not the John McGinn against Newcastle.

Silly bookings for all round. Don't know what DVZ was thinking when he pulled the guys shirt for his second booking.

Thomas Reilly was too light weight.

Bookings for Thompson, McGinn, McGowan, and DVZ x 2.

Perhaps DL took McGowan and McGinn off in case of second bookings.

The first half was even, or in truth, we could have been ahead.

A penalty for them that we couldn't see from the other end, and a catalogue of errors for their second.

After that the confidence that ICT had would have had them giving Barcelona a run for their money.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by E=Mc2

it"s really not that difficult to understand why we find ourselves here. We lost 7 outfield players (Dummet, Newton, Isma, Imrie, Carey, Guy and Parkin) who were all experienced pros and squad regulars. We've replaced them with Grainger and Harkins. Grainger is a like for like swap with Dummet but who does Harkins replace?

Add to that we've lost a very serviceable, experienced goalie and brought in a f**king train wreck on loan and it all adds up to some realy frustrating Saturdays ahead.

This has all stemmed from releasing players and not bringing in suitable cover. We lost 3 strikers at the end of last season, and haven't replaced any of them. Reilly is talented, but we can't rely on someone so inexperienced. Thompson looks lost, and we can't expect him to play 90 minutes every week - he doesn't have that in him.

We look weak down the left side of midfield - McGinn - another talented player - is never a left mid in a million years. Maybe McLean will be a better fit left side, but still, it's a gamble.

Vanzy is slower than a week in jail, and needs to be replaced.

And we need someone to command the back four - not Goodwin - we're missing his grit in the middle now that Newton has moved on. Mystified why McGregor didn't start.

Having two inexperienced GK's isn't helping problems either tbh.

What really worries me though is that Lennon had the whole of preseason to sort this out, and he didn't - and now we are all expecting him to sort it out within 2 weeks? Bit ambitious tbh!

I think one of our main problems is trying to give Harkins the freedom to play all where he wants meaning McGowan and Teale in particular have to be much more disciplined and play deeper. Killie wouldn't do that and Harkins spat the dummy, Dundee did fit their team round him but got relegated. I think we need to ask Harkins to play left mid in a 4-2-3-1, replacing Isma from last season's team but keeping that shape, all that said the back four will need to improve dramatically.

Edited by Mykey

We need a keeper badly that boy from Swansea is a nightmare. A striker is badly needed a right back. Am watching Carey on tv and I really don't understand why we let him go

Really? So far he's continually given the ball away and set up Celtic's equalizer. If he doesn't improve he might be lucky to see the second half.

I believe that the problem is at the back although I like cheesy and he is a good tackler he has poor intelligence of the pitch and is easily dragged out of position and vanzy is easily beaten and can't keep up with the pace of wingers in time I think the keeper will adjust and I think a striker who can contribute 10-12 goals is needed or Danny may find himself and us in trouble

ICT lost a few good players also , they brought in a load of unknowns and to be honest I thought they would have a hard season , We have brought in a couple of good SPL players and a couple of youngsters , we will be hoping Newcastle loan us a couple , Newton would be great ,Cambpell would be a godsend this boy will be a superstar., but do we think they will want to come to a team that is going to struggle .We need to put the money from the cup run and wage savings back into the transfer kitty and get a few good experienced players in now and not after 3 or 4 games that will take us to the end of the transfer window , when it will lead to panic buys.

ICT lost a few good players also , they brought in a load of unknowns and to be honest I thought they would have a hard season , We have brought in a couple of good SPL players and a couple of youngsters , we will be hoping Newcastle loan us a couple , Newton would be great ,Cambpell would be a godsend this boy will be a superstar., but do we think they will want to come to a team that is going to struggle .We need to put the money from the cup run and wage savings back into the transfer kitty and get a few good experienced players in now and not after 3 or 4 games that will take us to the end of the transfer window , when it will lead to panic buys.

The difference between us and caley is they have a decent manager, we dont.