Ok I Will Start It Sack Danny

No thanks, calderwood would take us back to watching gus "Pictures for entertainment" tactics!

I genuinely believe Danny has had the dirty done on him, clearing out the team thinking he was going to be able to build a new side full of quality for all of that to be swept away from him when hearts were docked points, leaving him with half a team and having to now search for scraps!

No thanks, calderwood would take us back to watching gus "Pictures for entertainment" tactics!

I genuinely believe Danny has had the dirty done on him, clearing out the team thinking he was going to be able to build a new side full of quality for all of that to be swept away from him when hearts were docked points, leaving him with half a team and having to now search for scraps!

I could not agree more,he may be a limited manager but he has been taken for an absolute mug.I hope the board are proud of themselves.Danny Lennon ,despite what i think of him,has conducted himself with dignity,integrity and with the best interests of St Mirren FC at heart.Rather than start a thread questioning the real culprits ,someone picks on the obvious and easy target,pathetic

My opinion (for what it is worth) is that Danny Lennon has brought us a style of football which I enjoy, has won us the League Cup and deserves some time. A fit MacGregor in Defence would release Jim Goodwin to Play in Midfield and a Striker to play alongside Thomson would release Gary Harkins to play in Midfield. So - Connor Newton and Adam Campbell might give us the balance Danny needs and leave the Board in a position where any buyer is not inheriting a lot of players on long term contracts. Just my thoughts.

I don't buy into this we ain't spending its the BOD fault being tight cause of Hearts bla bla bla

Isn't it better to build now with a view to next season, the season after so on and so on?

Or am I missing something?

Clock is ticking.

Not when fans are paying hundreds of pounds on a season ticket should we be looking to next season. No wonder the prices were reduced this year.

The board are determined to keep us out of debt. This is sensible and prudent. Lennon has a restricted budget to work with which makes it tough for him to put a top quality side onthe park. All of this is true.

Question ! What level of budget do Butcher or Adams have to work with ? If Lennon's player budget is smaller than theirs then our b.o.d. are condemning us to relegation. But I don't believe Lennon has less £££ to work with than those Highlanders, they just use it better.

They have better managers than we do.

The board are determined to keep us out of debt. This is sensible and prudent. Lennon has a restricted budget to work with which makes it tough for him to put a top quality side onthe park. All of this is true.

Question ! What level of budget do Butcher or Adams have to work with ? If Lennon's player budget is smaller than theirs then our b.o.d. are condemning us to relegation. But I don't believe Lennon has less £££ to work with than those Highlanders, they just use it better.

Butcher and Adams would have a field day with our budget. Lennon doesnt have a clue.

It is the last part they make better use of their available budget. That said I wouldn't be surprised if we have a lower budget than others in the league, but we have enough to compete. Wouldn't be surprised though if Ross County had a bigger budget. We paid off Lewis Guy's wages and Dougie Imrie, so what will that have cost us?

I think the cup win papered over a lot of cracks. If we'd gone out on pens to Aberdeen in the cup would Lennon still be here?

Edited by flyingscot

I'm no fan of Calderwood but he was always known for his ultra attacking tactics whereas Gus was known for his defensive tactics.

Your second point is garbage.

I can only conclude that you don't know what you are talking about!

Edited by Isabella Duke

Butcher and Adams would have a field day with our budget. Lennon doesnt have a clue.

Butcher has had the cash to bring in TEN players this close season,a field day with our budget ? Lennon has had NO budget to work with ,maybe pay attention before you start jumping on the bandwagon and spouting complete shite

Butcher has had the cash to bring in TEN players this close season,a field day with our budget ? Lennon has had NO budget to work with ,maybe pay attention before you start jumping on the bandwagon and spouting complete shite

How do you know what budget Lennon has got?

Sounds to me like its you who is jumping on the bandwagon and spouting complete shite...

ICT lost a number of their top players in the close season. Going by previous PWC reports, the chances are that ICT have a much lower wage budget than St. Mirren. And Butcher has used that budget to put together a better team than Lennon.

He's got to go.

I find it hard to believe that DL doesn't want to spend money and bring in better players, but someone is holding the funds ,there are not many managers when given the chance , would not add to their squad .

Pretty much this.

I suspect he'll have had his stones booted for costing the club money in paying off Guy and Imrie (assuming this was indeed the case as seems likely), and may well have been told that this was taken off his budget for the season. That doesn't explain the comments attributed to Gilmour regarding an increased player budget, however.

Much as I try not to be too cynical, I really wouldn't be surprised if the board are looking to take advantage of Hearts' situation (ie - the 15 point defecit). If so, it is a hell of a gamble.

If Stuart gillm our wants div 1 then he is doing well if not then its time to spend a little just a couple of really good players could be all it takes

Ballox.

I'd swap SPL football for a chairman who wants to spend more than we have for SPL survival or "progression".

He doesn't need to spend a little bit more, clubs out perform us year on year with similar budgets.

If the gaffer can't match the results of Inverness, St Johnstone & Ross county then he isn't the right man for the job.

If the gaffer can't match the results of Inverness, St Johnstone & Ross county then he isn't the right man for the job.

This is true, of course, but I think it is a tad naive to dismiss any suggestion that the BoD might be holding back on making funds available.

Pretty much this.

I suspect he'll have had his stones booted for costing the club money in paying off Guy and Imrie (assuming this was indeed the case as seems likely), and may well have been told that this was taken off his budget for the season. That doesn't explain the comments attributed to Gilmour regarding an increased player budget, however.

Much as I try not to be too cynical, I really wouldn't be surprised if the board are looking to take advantage of Hearts' situation (ie - the 15 point defecit). If so, it is a hell of a gamble.

Stuart Dickson made this suggestion weeks ago and i agreed with him,,,and he was shot to pieces for it.....

looks to me he got it spot on....