Ok I Will Start It Sack Danny

There is something fundamentally wrong here with our signing policy. The fact we’re hanging by a thread to tie up a loan signing or two that will only be to Christmas initially is nothing short of a farce.

Questions need asked of Danny, Brian Caldwell, SG and the board. Whether Danny has had his budget cut or not is irrelevant we should still be able to compete with the like of ICT, County, Fakes and Killie given the cup win and the 1/4 final vs Celtic brining an added amount of cash that wasn’t budgeted for.

What have Danny and Brian Caldwell done with the budget and what was the policy over the summer?

Why weren’t permanent targets identified early?

If he is so keen to get rid of Lee Mair why did we not do that first instead of waste the guts of £30k - £50K getting rid of Guy and Imrie? At least they could have provided cover (not great I know) for Thommo and if you were able to add Campbell on loan then there is a benefit there and decent options up front.

As has been mentioned here or elsewhere we have now gone three summers without adding a Centre Half, we are left with one who’s spent 2 years out injured and one he doesn’t want, it just doesn’t make any sense. Andy Webster still being available should at least be explored.

Are the board taking the chance and cutting his budget more than normal on the basis that Hearts are 15 behind in the hope they don’t catch us and we vie with Thistle to avoid a playoff? A massive risk given that had Hearts won on Sunday they could have been 6 behind us before we play again, even now they could be still be 9. As much as questions need asked of the board I can’t see them gambling like this given that you could have a Championship next season with R*ang*rs and Hearts, its total suicide.

The big concern for me is that Danny can’t see what so glaringly needs changed and added to his squad and that is the biggest worry of all. I’m all for bring the likes of McGinn, Reilly and Naismith through but there has to be a balance and there isn’t even that. There could be a lot of pressure put on those lads shoulders, McGinn handled it brilliantly last season but take a proper intense relegation battle and it’s a different kettle of fish altogether.

I beg to differ. A “Hail Mary” is just a straight hoof up the park. That particular goal went from Craig Samson to the left back position, into midfield, out to Van Zanten then Thommo converting the resultant low cross. None of these passes were over head height, it WAS all passing and there was control & discipline to the move. To me, it was the archetypal passing movement goal.

"Hail Mary" was an analogy and as Isabella Duke was able to understand it I'm going to assume you're being deliberately obtuse, so I'll explain it literally - in that move the passes were aimed at getting the ball up the park as quickly as possible with a clear aim in mind, to score a goal! It was a desperate last minute move, more typically our aim of retaining possession leads to a hoof up the park by which time the opposition is back in defensive formation or a mistake.

Like Isabella I don't reckon we have the players to play the passing game effectively and I'm actually looking forward to Lennon ditching his principles again much like he did in the October of his first season in charge, the alternative as I mentioned in my previous post is increasingly diminishing returns followed by..........................

Edited by Bud the Baker