Big Thommo

dmc

Naturally he'll have one eye on his future - quite right too, he's good in front of the cameras. Has he written any children's books yet?

Yes , the first one's called - 5 Get Released But Don't Get Replaced. It's a whimsical tale about the close season exploits of Danny Lennon .

Is it just one game though?

That's the problem , it's not just one game , if it was then the criticism would be uncalled for. It's about the way the team/club has been run over the last few months. The alarm bells have been ringing loud and clear although some turn a blind eye ! (or a deaf ear) :-)

Edited by billyg

Is it just one game though?

The extent of the current unrest is largely due to one game, because we wouldn't have been having this discussion had we won or even drawn on Saturday.

If we had won, this would have been a very different place. Such is the nature of the beast.

Some call it knicker wetting, I call it caring what's happening at our club at the moment.

I call it reactionary nonsense. Everyone knows we need strengthened, the more level headed aren't screaming for the managers head after one game though, instead preferring to give the benefit of the entire transfer window and the first round of fixtures before making a judgement.

If we're in the same predicament by late October, then the time will be right to make changes. The fact that people are calling for his head after one game is pathetic.

That's the problem , it's not just one game , if it was then the criticism would be uncalled for. It's about the way the team/club has been run over the last few months. The alarm bells have been ringing loud and clear although some turn a blind eye ! (or a deaf ear) :-)

TBH I really, really can't be bothered getting as emotional as some people seem to be getting. I haven't turned a blind eye. I've just made some observations and got on with the rest of my life.

There are far more important things to worry about IMO.

St.Mirren are a football team I've followed for tens of years, during which there have been some unbelievable highs and lows. A sense of perspective is required by some IMO.

Our current situation is nowhere near the level of the really low points I've experienced. I'm not wholly unmoved by our current situation, but my kecks are relatively dry at present.

Still,I suppose it's an individuals choice to character assassinate certain individuals from behind a computer keyboard and to get their blood pressure beyond acceptable levels.whistling.gif

Still,I suppose it's an individuals choice to character assassinate certain individuals from behind a computer keyboard and to get their blood pressure beyond acceptable levels.whistling.gif

Not me. Well, unless it's Neil Doncaster, Jim Leishman, Neil Lennon, Sandy Jardine...... how long have you got? phone.gif

The extent of the current unrest is largely due to one game, because we wouldn't have been having this discussion had we won or even drawn on Saturday.

If we had won, this would have been a very different place. Such is the nature of the beast.

Drew.

Be fair. The unrest and criticism was there prior to the ICT capitulation.

Had Saints won it would have went some way to proving the so called "knickerwetters" wrong.

As it was, they are entitled to continue to worry as to the signing policy of our club at the moment.

IF we sign others to augment and improve our squad, this forum WILL be a different place.

Drew.

Had Saints won it would have went some way to proving the so called "knickerwetters" wrong.

As it was, they are entitled to continue to worry as to the signing policy of our club at the moment.

IF we sign others to augment and improve our squad, this forum WILL be a different place.

I'm not unconcerned, merely pointing out the fickle nature of things.

Drew.

Do you really believe that? whistling.gif

I was interested in not what Thommo said it was what he didn't say that surprised me. He agreed Kilmarnock need about 5 more players. When asked about us he said that we have a strong squad. WTF

Thing is though, he's hardly going to say 'Nah, our squad's a wee bit shite, threadbare, and I'm as frustrated as f**k at trying to lead the line on my own'

I was interested in not what Thommo said it was what he didn't say that surprised me. He agreed Kilmarnock need about 5 more players. When asked about us he said that we have a strong squad. WTF

We do have a strong squad. Just don't have a manager/assistant who are capable of getting performances from them regularly.