Hi BtB, my opening contribution on this thread was where I said I agreed with you on the signing policy. This is in my reply to your post 'Your point on the signing policy I'd have to agree with, it was a very poor transfer window for us' a line you quoted from me. Your return post is a continuation of the signing policy theme, which I still agree with.

The other point I'd made is that Saints have found stability in the RB position since Jason Naismith got a run and that the management should get some credit for the players introduced to the senior team fro the U20s this season.

I don't know which position Caprice was signed to play in, and I'm certainly not suggesting he's been a good signing. I honestly didn't know what your opinion was at the time, and fair enugh if you thought it wouldn't work out. I do feel your point would be all the better for getting over the 'poor signings, but the U20's have come in a steadied the ship'. Maybe we're at cross purposes, and I don't want to encourage a repeat of your previous pet subject (Dougie Imrie) with another fringe player.

Regarding Caprice the only difference we have is over what our management team saw during the trial period that they no longer see? With McGowan out and the young full backs rested he couldn't even get off the bench last night and no doubt he'll be further down the pecking order next month.

On Imrie, I started that thread after he'd been dropped from the starting line-up, at that point with DL having a full squad to choose from Imrie was no longer an automatic first pick - it seemed a run of the mill topic to discuss on a Saints forum. bag.gif

It caused a bit of a stir but nothing I said was abusive or incorrect whereas many of the replies defending Imrie were bizarre and latterly abusive at which point I closed the thread - I was left with the choice of defending my initial post or letting it be washed away in a sea of rose tinted posts when we were ending the season in what was our highest league placing in 20-odd years. History was on my side! cool.png

Edited by Bud the Baker

Has he had a fair crack yet? Harkins has taken some real flak but it looks like he will now get a chance to prove himself. It might be his last chance but the annoying thing is that there is talent there. When Connor Newton first played, after one match he was written off by a few on here. After one game! Some of our fans are quick to jump to conclusions and then are reluctant to change their minds. Imrie didn;t work out but he got dogs abuse- way over the top stuff. I hope Jake comes good but then I hope all new players who arrive make an impact.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest somner9

I think he was a bit short on self belief, and didn,t fancy staking a claim for a midfield position hoping to get the nod at RB. Shame he looked the part obviously didn,t impress in training and for the U20's

Ive said this before but I don't get this "wasn't given a chance" patter! Do we really need to give guys a full game in the senior squad for the management to realise they are pish? I seen caprice play a few times for the under 20s, he looked ok but nothing special. The same game Darren McGregor played (while trying to get back from injury) and he strolled through it, barely broke sweat......

Another strange addition to the squad at the time and no harm to the lad but he was not upto the standard required.

In fairness he did bring something different the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 step overs were an interesting feature but doomed to failure

Broadfoot was fond of that & where has he ended up ? They obviously like that sort of thing beside the seaside , beside the sea !tongue.png