Next St Mirren Manager

Well what's holding them back. Now two weeks since Tommy left bottom of the league and no wins in that time.

Most likely, they're crossing their fingers and hoping that Teale can win a couple of games. They can then appoint the cheap option and we can use the money saved to get in new players or fill the void.............................................. whistling.gif

No matter who the Board choose from the supposed shortleet of Butcher, Calderwood and Teale, it will be controversial. We all have our opinions and rightly so.

Personally I think we should go for Butcher with Teale included somewhere on the coaching staff.

As many have pointed out, we need an experienced wheeler and dealer, a motivator and, above all else, someone like Butcher to sort out our leaking defence. Cheesy could greatly benefit from Butcher's advice and unique experience as an international central defender.

Whilst I will be sorry to see John McGinn eventually leave the Buddies, hopefully his transfer money will help to fund Butcher's appointment plus some wheeling & dealing during the January transfer window.

What will be roundly criticised by the fans is if the Board goes for the cheap option yet again.

No matter who the Board choose from the supposed shortleet of Butcher, Calderwood and Teale, it will be controversial. We all have our opinions and rightly so.

Personally I think we should go for Butcher with Teale included somewhere on the coaching staff.

As many have pointed out, we need an experienced wheeler and dealer, a motivator and, above all else, someone like Butcher to sort out our leaking defence. Cheesy could greatly benefit from Butcher's advice and unique experience as an international central defender.

Whilst I will be sorry to see John McGinn eventually leave the Buddies, hopefully his transfer money will help to fund Butcher's appointment plus some wheeling & dealing during the January transfer window.

What will be roundly criticised by the fans is if the Board goes for the cheap option yet again.

Totally agree , I can,t understand why we aren,t talking to Butcher now about becoming our new manager , getting the team motivated , and identifying transfer targets .

Its a total no brainer , that will give the whole club a lift.

I wish Teale well , but if he was the real deal , we didn,t see much of it when he was number two to Tommy Craig.

We have the chance to get a manager with real pedigree , a manager that will raise our profile , and we are only slightly interested

hugely disappointed that we have not made an appointment yet

Possible outsiders?

Jimmy Nicholl

Sandy Clark

David Weir

Craig Brewster

John McGlynn

If we were to take a cheap option and go for Teale and Longwall I think Jimmy Nicholl would be worth bringing in as a mentor , but as I have said previously we should be talking to Terry Butcher , with a view of giving him a 30 month contract .

Who is David Thompson and why is he suddenly 1/2 favourite for the job?

Ex Liverpool player.

Somebody must've randomly placed a decent bet on him, Thompson has said himself that it's the first he's heard about it.

Can't see him being an actual contender for the job.

BBC Rumours section said David Thompson had been interviewed about the job and also had another entry about Brian Caldwell saying they were no closer to appointing a manager.

Today there will be an open air meeting in the town hall.

Admission free, pay at the door. Ample seating, sit on the floor.