Next St Mirren Manager

maybe its the right time to give Fullarton a try , he has experience working in the championship and could hopefully use his contacts to bring in the right loan signings , Stuart McCall would be a great choice as would Callum Davidson ,

Erm Fullerton doesn't have contacts. At least not ones that would want to send kids to work with him. Just do a quick Google search and you'll see what people thought of him

maybe its the right time to give Fullarton a try , he has experience working in the championship and could hopefully use his contacts to bring in the right loan signings , Stuart McCall would be a great choice as would Callum Davidson ,

Fullerton could coach the development players how to screw over the club when they break through into the first team. He was an excellent example of this shoddy behaviour ably assisted by his wee agent Bill McMurdo. Kharma Fullerton - No thanks.

Miller will get the job with the proviso that he helps the Bod identify the correct candidate to first work alongside him then ultimately take over. Forget any big names .won't happen.

Agreed. Miller and his choice of assistant till the end of the season to keep us up. Then a new appointment in the summer.

Miller will get the job with the proviso that he helps the Bod identify the correct candidate to first work alongside him then ultimately take over. Forget any big names .won't happen.

Alex Miller would be a horrendous appointment, if anything things have got worse since he arrived.

Jimmy Calderwood ticks all the boxes for us until the end of the season.

Alex Miller would be a horrendous appointment, if anything things have got worse since he arrived.

Jimmy Calderwood ticks all the boxes for us until the end of the season.

Miller has been here for 6 weeks, during which time Murray has still been in charge. It would be an underwhelming appointment, not a horrendous one for me. The guy is an experienced coach and manager, with terrific contacts down south and abroad, which could come in very useful.

That being said, I doubt he's in it for the long haul, and would probably not want it beyond the end of the season anyway. The board need to look at all available options, and there should be better options available than Miller.

Miller has alreadys aid he's not interested in taking the job. He's there on a month to month basis and was only brought in to try and save Murray.

That didn't work so as far as I am concerned he'll be off as soon as the new man is in place.

Miller has been here for 6 weeks, during which time Murray has still been in charge. It would be an underwhelming appointment, not a horrendous one for me. The guy is an experienced coach and manager, with terrific contacts down south and abroad, which could come in very useful.

That being said, I doubt he's in it for the long haul, and would probably not want it beyond the end of the season anyway. The board need to look at all available options, and there should be better options available than Miller.

OK, I'll play. Who is Alex Millers "terrific contacts"? And why did they not help him out when he was desperate for work? Why did they not help him out when he was struggling with the other clubs he's been manager of in Russia, Japan or Sweden? Do you really think Rafa Benitez will send James Rodrigez to Paisley? :rolleyes:

OK, I'll play. Who is Alex Millers "terrific contacts"? And why did they not help him out when he was desperate for work? Why did they not help him out when he was struggling with the other clubs he's been manager of in Russia, Japan or Sweden? Do you really think Rafa Benitez will send James Rodrigez to Paisley? :rolleyes:

He might send Jazza Rodriguez..!

Miller has alreadys aid he's not interested in taking the job. He's there on a month to month basis and was only brought in to try and save Murray.

That didn't work so as far as I am concerned he'll be off as soon as the new man is in place.

Has he actually been quoted as saying that since Saturday evening?

To get me to start attending home games again, and perhaps address many others concerns the board need to identify the right person and make a permanent appointment. If they try to repeat the folly of giving Tealzo a contract till the end of the season it sends out the message they have written another season off, are not up for the fight of avoiding relegation and dont want to see us climbing this f**king league!

Pick someone, and give them the tools and support to do the job, if you dont know who to pick ask us!

Edited by Lord Pityme

OK, I'll play. Who is Alex Millers "terrific contacts"? And why did they not help him out when he was desperate for work? Why did they not help him out when he was struggling with the other clubs he's been manager of in Russia, Japan or Sweden? Do you really think Rafa Benitez will send James Rodrigez to Paisley? rolleyes.gif

When was he desperate for work? He left Liverpool to go to Japan when Rafa brought in Sammy Lee as assistant.

He was head of scouting at Liverpool for a few years, worked in the academy, coached them when they won the Champions League - you think he has no contacts? None from working with scouts in his role at that time? No contacts with the players he worked with at Anfield or the managers and coaches he worked with?

Now I know you're a walloper, both by reading your posts and by the respones of posters on here whose opinion I respect, but if you seriously don't think Miller has any contacts and has no managerial or coaching experience despite the jobs he's held for many years, you're more clueless than you've previously displayed in your many moronic posts.

thumbup2.gif

Edited by Soctty

Whoever the next manager is it's bound to split opinion amongst the supporters. One things for sure it will take someone pretty special to sort out this mess quickly. When a whole team can't string two passes together and can't find a team mate with a two yard pass then there's obviously problems. These guys are proud professionals yet look lost and amateurish at best.

Fitness seems to be a major issue too as all the other teams in this division are scampering about the pitch while we huff and puff.

A no nonsense, boot up the arse type manager who has the players fighting for every ball will do for starters. If you don't have commitment then you're beat before you start. We need more people at the club who understand what it means to play for st Mirren. An Alex Neil type would do nicely

To get me to start attending home games again, and perhaps address many others concerns the board need to identify the right person and make a permanent appointment. If they try to repeat the folly of giving Tealzo a contract till the end of the season it sends out the message they have written another season off, are not up for the fight of avoiding relegation and dont want to see us climbing this f**king league!

Pick someone, and give them the tools and support to do the job, if you dont know who to pick ask us!

I think this appointment will be as underwhelming as Teale.

Anyone who is interviewed will be told that they won't get the tools to do the job.

Bottom line, we're fecked till someone takes over the club.

One thing we might need need is a fiery character. Someone to inspire and defend the team, and to kick arses when necessary. Create a bit of a siege mentality, maybe even have a bit of an us against them type attitude. Cannot be passive because the players will just not respond.

Edited by ulysses

I think this appointment will be as underwhelming as Teale.

Anyone who is interviewed will be told that they won't get the tools to do the job.

Bottom line, we're fecked till someone takes over the club.

Fecked = spend what we bring in and have some of the best facilities in Scotland?

What tools do you want the manager to have?

Fecked = spend what we bring in and have some of the best facilities in Scotland?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have the 3rd/4th highest budget in the league?

It's not like its finance that's resulted in our poor league position. We even paid Dumbarton compensation to get Murray, he wasn't the cheapest option.

Has he actually been quoted as saying that since Saturday evening?

Not really a denial or a come and get me plea: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alex-miller-insists-hasnt-considered-7008710

“I came in to help Ian. Now I’ve been asked to take training early this week with Jamie.
“I agreed because I would never leave the club in the lurch. I’m thinking of the Monday morning training session and that is it.
“It’s not as if I am in charge. I’ve been taking the training anyway and that’s all I’m thinking of.
“I’m not even going down the road of talking about the manager’s job.”

Him taking the training has made a real difference!

We all know full well how this will play out.

The interim manager will be given 4 weeks or so to prove himself. If results improve they will rightly be kept on to the emd of the season.

If they fail we will have a new manager during January.

This isnt the cheap option. It is the SAFE and sensible option.

If directors are having to loan the club money to get by the cash flow is becoming an issue, our crowds are dwindling so we're bringing less in.

By tools though I wasn't referring to our facilities, I was referring to cash to bring in decent quality of player.