Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Guest somner9

If I was to give an uneducated, illinformed assessment I say it's the BoD who have lost the will to push-on. There biggest act since the cup win was to sack Atkinson in case he was putting potential buyers off.

That's hardly the actions of a BoD with the focus to drive the club onwards to better things. It's been nigh on four years now since they announced their intention to sell, it would seem illogical and beyond belief to think that mindset of 'wanting out' hasn't cascaded down through the management, players and backroom staff.

In light of the fact that NO ONE they see fit is going to pay them £2m quid for just over half of SMFC then it's time they set up the vehicle to transfer ownership to the fans. The fans council is a welcome project, but it shouldn't be seen by the BoD as the body to do the things they need to do.

All of you people saying our league form isn't good enough.. Serious question, compared to what? Previous st mirren teams? If so, when? Because we've been pish for years and no swapping of the management is going to change that.

At least DL is bringing through youth and every so often we get a barca-ish performance, you cats need to realise when it's good

Honestly mate, you're one of the worst trolls on here.

Some of the expectations of the fans on here are crazy, who do you think you support? You all go on like we should be winning cups and challenging for the title. At the end of the day look where we have cone from, each season has brought improvements. Yes we finished 11th last season but we won the league cup............ First major trophy in 26 years but some people still wernt happy with that but everyone if them would have been lapping up the day until we lost again in a league game. We are 3 games into the season, for all we know we could finish in the top 6 but who cares???? Apparently 3 games defines how your season will pan out. Danny only has a shoestring budget and always will, he will try to bring in players who will IMPROVE the squad, for all we know he hasn't seen anyone who will so far.

I agree that some things on the park need yo change like the defense and we need a striker but a some on here think they are freely available.................... WERE????

There's still another trophy to play for and a league season to play. Some of you need to lower your expectations and remember who you support. I'm sure you still won't be happy if we go on to win the next 4 games so maybe it's time for you to go and support another team who can live up to your high expectations and can afford to bring in who ever they like.

THERE'S ONLY 1 DANNY LENNON !!!!!!!

FTOF AND THE MOANING FACED MUPPETS IN HERE.

Bting on Saturday

Some of the expectations of the fans on here are crazy, who do you think you support? You all go on like we should be winning cups and challenging for the title. At the end of the day look where we have cone from, each season has brought improvements. Yes we finished 11th last season but we won the league cup............ First major trophy in 26 years but some people still wernt happy with that but everyone if them would have been lapping up the day until we lost again in a league game. We are 3 games into the season, for all we know we could finish in the top 6 but who cares???? Apparently 3 games defines how your season will pan out. Danny only has a shoestring budget and always will, he will try to bring in players who will IMPROVE the squad, for all we know he hasn't seen anyone who will so far.

I agree that some things on the park need yo change like the defense and we need a striker but a some on here think they are freely available.................... WERE????

There's still another trophy to play for and a league season to play. Some of you need to lower your expectations and remember who you support. I'm sure you still won't be happy if we go on to win the next 4 games so maybe it's time for you to go and support another team who can live up to your high expectations and can afford to bring in who ever they like.

THERE'S ONLY 1 DANNY LENNON !!!!!!!

FTOF AND THE MOANING FACED MUPPETS IN HERE.

Bting on Saturday

Good yin Yung yin ! clap.gif

Look guys, we need to stick with Danny. It's ridiculous to be thinking about getting rid of him. He won us the cup for goodness sake and beat Aberdeen, hearts and Celtic on the way. It was no fluke. He's managing a team on a small budget having to make do with loan options. Some of the guys who did well last season haven't switched on yet either..we've only played 3 games!!..I know we've been poor since winning the cup, but we were all hung over for the rest of the season after the cup run. Preseason has never been great for us and, as I said, we've only played 3 games, 2 of them away in the highlands, where we never travel well anyway, and a point at home to killie, a game we should've been 2 up in early on but for good inspired goalkeeping by Samson and poor finishing.we've got QOTS tomorrow, yet another long trip away to a newly promoted team who will be a real test for us and I'd be happy with a draw...changing the manager at this stage will make no difference to the players available. Stick with Danny till everybody has played each other once before all this nonsense..come on the buddies........ok, so we lost...it was always going to be a tough game...it could've went our way...but as I've said, it's early days. Wait till November then review. If we're cast adrift then maybe there's a case, but not now. COYS

One last game this weekend to turn it round , only a win will do , if not , get rid , and give the new manager a week or two to try and get the current squad organised and motivated

Aw Griff, fúck off, eh! Just fúck off! Has some cúnt hacked into your account or what?

I understand that we're all very frustrated just now, but we need to stop abusing our manager. DL will not be sacked today or even on Saturday regardless of the result and I think that's a good thing, however if I could offer some advice it would be make a statement of intent and do not be seen as weak, for example drop Goodwin or change to 3 at the back with caprice and Grainger as wing backs or drop Harkins and push McGowan higher up the park or some other personnel or tactical change that acknowledges that things are not right at the moment. Obviously. He'd need to run any personnel or tactical change by me first to make sure I approve.

Last season we had the best squad I have seen at Saint Mirren for years which , was instrumental in giving us our historic Cup victory and much rejoicing . However , in League duties , we still only managed 11th despite other clubs having weaker squads and one club having financial melt down. .

On the telly recently Steven Thompson said that we needed to be able to close games out that we were winning instead of them turning into defeats or draws.This hasn't been addressed. .

To be fair , I'd be very surprised if the BoD were to sack Danny now, as I think they do hold him in high regard but Danny now only has a couple of days to bring in a couple of players that can make a difference/shore things up. What he does in the next couple of days could well determine his future when we approach the next transfer window in mid season but by then it may well be an uphill struggle to get it sorted and we may well find ourselves facing play-offs or worse at the end of the season. .

Lennon is a moron - he's lost the dressing room. Jim Goodwin is never a centre half - he hasn't th legs anymore to play in the middle of the park so the gaffer dumps big Mairzo and puts that f**kin clown at centre half. No wonder he's coming out and backing the manager although he always an arse licking wee shite. Any other manager (and let's hope we get one quick) would send him packing!

Another fishing trip from the brain-dead

I see you are congratulating yourself elsewhere in the thread using some of your other aliases

What the club needs is stability from top 2 bottom, from the owner 2 the lowest personell. So we should all stick together here, we are all st mirren and if the club fails we all fail from the bod the managment team the players the youth academy and us the fans also. So people stop bitching and start supporting its going to be a long season.

Last season we had the best squad I have seen at Saint Mirren for years which , was instrumental in giving us our historic Cup victory and much rejoicing . However , in League duties , we still only managed 11th despite other clubs having weaker squads and one club having financial melt down. .

On the telly recently Steven Thompson said that we needed to be able to close games out that we were winning instead of them turning into defeats or draws.This hasn't been addressed. .

To be fair , I'd be very surprised if the BoD were to sack Danny now, as I think they do hold him in high regard but Danny now only has a couple of days to bring in a couple of players that can make a difference/shore things up. What he does in the next couple of days could well determine his future when we approach the next transfer window in mid season but by then it may well be an uphill struggle to get it sorted and we may well find ourselves facing play-offs or worse at the end of the season. .

If anything, it is Thommo's job to close out these games. That's what he is paid for.

Hopefully the rumours that ST is unhappy with the manager and is working his ticket for him so that he can replace him are just that, rumours. if they were true would we really want someone in the manager's chair who got the job by undermining his gaffer?

why wouldn't a new person be able to alter the team? The transfer window closing would affect our chances of loaning players but if we were going to sign anyone permanently they would be a free agent now as we wouldn't pay for anyone from another club. If they are free on Monday we'll still be able to sign them anyway would we not? similar to us signing Paddy Cregg that wee McClusky guy etc. There are often players released just before the window shuts to accommodate this, like the boy Mcquade we let go. I know none of these names fill anyone with confidence but I am just using them as examples of players moving outwith transfer window.

I think these examples illustrate the kind of player who is unsigned after the window closes-the kind you don't want.

Of course he is not, he is just another member of the self-appointed cognoscenti, who relate rumour as fact to their pals who in turn spew it out on here as being from "reliable sources"

Aye no bad Spirit.... thought you were in the huff?

I wouldn't post anything I wasn't confident was 100% and I am on this one.

Perhaps I should have said that "I've been told Danny has funds to add players to the squad" but at 1am or so I wasn't really thinking...

Edited by davidg

He many more players David?

You're missing the point. Even if there was no more budget and no more players could come in, it would be clear that Lennon has made a mess of managing his budget. We have ONE striker on our books!! What professional club has ever had one striker in its squad? You're not going to win games if you don't score goals. What's more, Thompson is getting on and we have relied on him too much for the last two seasons as it is. We can't keep hoping that he'll stay fit all year and score 15 goals. Lennon has signed McGowan, Harkins, Newton and now Caprice this summer. That's four midfielders we didn't need, two of the four would have been more than enough and he could have signed another striker or two.

The season is now well under way and he has had a shocking pre-season. The fact that there is room left in the budget just makes it all the worse. He cleared out a load of players in the summer without having any replacements lined up, ad he and we have been caught out big time.

If anything, it is Thommo's job to close out these games. That's what he is paid for.

Hopefully the rumours that ST is unhappy with the manager and is working his ticket for him so that he can replace him are just that, rumours. if they were true would we really want someone in the manager's chair who got the job by undermining his gaffer?

I don't buy into the ST rumour either, he looked pretty pleased when he thought he has scored the winner last night...

I don't believe he would be interested in a player manager role either.

I can safely say I have never felt so frustrated as I do right now. I pay my money...I expect better!

I'm sorry but that is absolutely laughably pathetic.

"I expect better"? What a pitiful statement.

Hang on......you're a new poster......could it be........is it.........could you be another tedious alias?

Lennon is a moron - he's lost the dressing room. Jim Goodwin is never a centre half - he hasn't th legs anymore to play in the middle of the park so the gaffer dumps big Mairzo and puts that f**kin clown at centre half. No wonder he's coming out and backing the manager although he always an arse licking wee shite. Any other manager (and let's hope we get one quick) would send him packing!

You're seriously making this your second post on this forum?

Go feck yersel and take the rest of your aliases with you.

Lennon has signed McGowan, Harkins, Newton and now Caprice this summer. That's four midfielders we didn't need, two of the four would have been more than enough and he could have signed another striker or two.

So he's kept McGowan and Newton from last season, replaced Goncalves with Harkins and added Caprice as cover for Right back and right mid. seems like some bloody good business to me.

Incidentaly, you lennon haters need to get your story straight. You can't slate Lennon for signing Caprice the midfielder, when last night on twitter Lennon was getting slated for replacing Teale with Caprice the defender.

Whilst Thommo has a part to play in closing games out , it would hardly be his sole job , even with his experience . It is a team sport and the full team have a part to play in closing the game out . It must be frustrating for him when he scores a goal only to see the team concede one a couple of minutes later, his good work seemingly undone. .

As far as the rumours are concerned, l too hope that they are shite , just made up shite. .

Whether this is an open forum or not is totally irrelevant, the open abuse and direct unmitigated personal attacks on DL are completely uncalled for.

Without doubt he is trying his best. Now to some that is maybe not enough, but whether we like it or not as supporters, that is what we have got - a Manager who has introduced a different brand of football and works within a severely constrained budget.

Guys - get it into your thick heads, if DL and TC were given Barcelona's budget and players we would see really exciting successful football, we don't and never shall have that luxury, so accept what we have, a BoD that won't go into debt, a budget that is extremely tight and a bunch of players that would struggle to make the grade in the third tier of English football.

Stop the vitriol against DL, by all means make sensible, rational and non-personal comments, but please stop this tirade against someone who has brought some joy to the miserable bunch that call themselves Saint's supporters! cloud9.gif