Should Danny Stay?

Lex

Danny Lennon  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've never thought of you as an alias, E=Mc2! I happen to like a lot of your posts and I have never considered you to be an alias.

Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated.

Ah f**k!!! Just realised I logged on under the wrong alias.

Yep same here on both counts.

The Cup final in 1987 was absolutely pish.

March's Cup final was one of the best I've ever seen and fans of other clubs agree.

Forget the quality of the match,the 87 scottish cup win ,and the night in paisley afterwards,was fantastic and truly mental.30,000 drunk buddies.Anyone who favours last years win either wasnt there in 87 or is a twat

Forget the quality of the match,the 87 scottish cup win ,and the night in paisley afterwards,was fantastic and truly mental.30,000 drunk buddies.Anyone who favours last years win either wasnt there in 87 or is a twat

I was at both finals.

The 87 final was a crap match but one of the best experiences of my life.

It led to a trip to Mechelen and is something I will always treasure.

However... ... I was only 21 and probably took it all in my stride.

This time around, I had a real awareness that this might be the last time I would ever see my team lift a national trophy at Hampden.

In 1987, my Mum and Dad were supporting the Buddies and I was at the match with my best mate... ...

By 2013, my Mum, Dad and good friend were all dead!

I was determined to soak up every second of this final... and I did so.

I find it impossible to say which was the better achievement or occasion... but I know for sure what one meant more to me emotionally and psychologically... and if that makes me a twat, so be it mate.

Let's get this right , some people want him to stay because they're sympathetic to his plight ?blink.png It doesn't matter any more that he won us the cup , he's not doing the business now , he's lost it !

I know I keep harking back , but some of the older supporters should know better. Remember Wilson Humphries , Tommy Bryceland and Willie Cunningham? All ex players who professed to love the club and who collectively brought in a lot of the players that Alex Ferguson would make into legends and some other players who went right to the top of the game. They were all bagged because we weren't performing , there is absolutely no room for sentiment.

Edited by billyg

Let's get this right , some people want him to stay because they're sympathetic to his plight ?blink.png It doesn't matter any more that he won us the cup , he's not doing the business now , he's lost it !

I know I keep harking back , but some of the older supporters should know better. Remember Wilson Humphries , Tommy Bryceland and Willie Cunningham? All ex players who professed to love the club and who collectively brought in a lot of the players that Alex Ferguson would make into legends and some other players who went right to the top of the game. They were all bagged because we weren't performing , there is absolutely no room for sentiment.

How many were hounded out four games into a season by faceless booboys on a media site though?

How many were hounded out four games into a season by faceless booboys on a media site though?

The bit I don't get is why folk are talking about 4 games as if it's a blip, it isn't. We shipped goals in pre-season and we're still doing it now, we weren't scoring enough in pre-season and we're not now, add that to our league form last year and it's obvious there's been a problem for a while.

I'm not a booboy, I've still been giving my support to DL and I think of myself as a "glass half full" type of person but even I can see that there are huge problems at the moment. The sad part is that I no longer believe that the current management team can sort them out no matter how much I wish they could.

The bit I don't get is why folk are talking about 4 games as if it's a blip, it isn't. We shipped goals in pre-season and we're still doing it now, we weren't scoring enough in pre-season and we're not now, add that to our league form last year and it's obvious there's been a problem for a while.

I'm not a booboy, I've still been giving my support to DL and I think of myself as a "glass half full" type of person but even I can see that there are huge problems at the moment. The sad part is that I no longer believe that the current management team can sort them out no matter how much I wish they could.

But it isn't about just 4 games is it?

What about the horrendous pre-season, the dreadful record since January and even before that (cup run excepted), the waste of money paying off players he signed who weren't good enough,and the embarrasing hash of building a team in the transfer window. On Saturday you could smell relegation in the air.

The longer the deadman walks the more of a racing certainity that will become. Nothing personal against Lennon, but I've said from the start he's not up to the job at SMFC.

Have given my opinion on Danny at the end of the day have the full trust in our board after all the have the club up for sale and they know full well what a loss it will be to them if we were to go down.As for opinions ? We are all entitled to them right or wrong we all want the best for the club

What about the horrendous pre-season, the dreadful record since January and even before that (cup run excepted), the waste of money paying off players he signed who weren't good enough,and the embarrasing hash of building a team in the transfer window. On Saturday you could smell relegation in the air.

The longer the deadman walks the more of a racing certainity that will become. Nothing personal against Lennon, but I've said from the start he's not up to the job at SMFC.

As for your last sentence? You may have said it from the start but you were clearly suffering from poor judgment.

If we'd gone with your suggestion of not hiring Danny we'd have missed out on some of the best top flight football we've seen here since the 80's, our best (most successful) manager since god knows when, our highest top flight finish in 25 years and our first Cup win since 87.

So you'd have made a great club director then with judgment like that. whistling.gif

The bit I don't get is why people insist on including friendly training matches.

I've never seen so many people taking these kickabouts so seriously.

I can only assume it's because it helps to build a case for a decision you've already made which is that Danny should go.

No other clubs fans in the world would include these training kickabouts in the reason to expensively sack a manager.

I'm also lost as to why you are ignoring the very obvious fact that the players downed tools after winning the Cup knowing the league survival was done and dusted as many professional players have a habit of doing throughout history.

You are looking at one symptom but with two VERY different root causes.

That's why it's misleading to just classify all of that together in one neat, tidy and convenient package.

Edited by oaksoft

No. It's not about 4 games.

It's about the last 3 years. It's about the improvement in performances in that period.

it's about the highest points total. It's about the highest league position. It's about the cup win.

You may well be right NOW but I'm certain there are a lot more would say you were wrong a couple of years ago, or indeed, last March.

I hope, though I am not convinced, Danny L will turn things around but I don't believe turfing him out just after he belatedly completes his squad is the right thing to do.

give it a wee while. Your past prediction will still be valid if he's sent packing and the "I told you so" will still have validity.

IF the team turns the corner you can always save your statement for the next full blown crisis.whistling.gif

Danny ahead 55-45 in the vote. Lex won't be happy with these results as I bet he was thinking he'd get about 70% for sacking him.

The majority of Danny should stay votes will be fans of other clubs.

These things are a waste of time hence why i don't vote.

The proof is on the park at the moment it's not looking good

Don't know about that. Most of the names are pretty familiar from this forum, but as you say it is a waste of time. I didn't vote either.

Then you should include the board of directors.

According to Graeme MacPherson from the BBC they've decided to help Danny through this period and will not be sacking him.

Now FFS can we shut these ridiculous threads and start backing the team again?

Edited by oaksoft

Then you should include the board of directors.

According to Graeme MacPherson from the BBC they've decided to help Danny through this period and will not be sacking him.

Now FFS can we shut these ridiculous threads and start backing the team again?

When the team give us an ounce of belief then these forums will be a happy place. As yet we have had nothing and if they were hurting on sat to make it up to us then god help us

I wish I was Danny, a decent man who made my dreams come true. I wish I had his ability to win a trophy with the team I have supported all my life despite the chances being slim. I wish I had half the ability of the people in our club who do their best day in and day out to make the people of Paisley and further afield proud of the football team we are so passionate about.

I wish the folk who support our football team were of the same moral fibre as them.

I wish I was Danny, a decent man who made my dreams come true. I wish I had his ability to win a trophy with the team I have supported all my life despite the chances being slim. I wish I had half the ability of the people in our club who do their best day in and day out to make the people of Paisley and further afield proud of the football team we are so passionate about.

I wish the folk who support our football team were of the same moral fibre as them.

Yep it's hard not to be ashamed of our fan base right now the way they are treating a club legend.

Absolutely no sense of perspective at all.

Judging by the feeding frenzy you'd think football was right up there with curing cancer in terms of importance.

Pathetic pish.