Should Danny Stay?

Lex

Danny Lennon  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest somner9

Three league games in.... I am gay by the way ffs! Are we turning into bitter and hate filled 'Old Scum' type fans..?

The BoD didn't shift Gus to close season when he saw the budget he would have to work under for the season ahead (including his wages),

I highly doubt they are going to make themselves look the laughing stock of professional football by sacking their manager after three games when they themselves have not been able to assist him replace the wages saved with players needed so far.

Re: the bold above..? How does someone alter your post without the obvious signs..? Do you need Mods access to achieve this or simply 'Hacking'

Edited by somner9

Look guys, we need to stick with Danny. It's ridiculous to be thinking about getting rid of him. He won us the cup for goodness sake and beat Aberdeen, hearts and Celtic on the way. It was no fluke. He's managing a team on a small budget having to make do with loan options. Some of the guys who did well last season haven't switched on yet either..we've only played 3 games!!..I know we've been poor since winning the cup, but we were all hung over for the rest of the season after the cup run. Preseason has never been great for us and, as I said, we've only played 3 games, 2 of them away in the highlands, where we never travel well anyway, and a point at home to killie, a game we should've been 2 up in early on but for good inspired goalkeeping by Samson and poor finishing.we've got QOTS tomorrow, yet another long trip away to a newly promoted team who will be a real test for us and I'd be happy with a draw and a win on pens...changing the manager at this stage will make no difference to the players available. Stick with Danny till everybody has played each other once before all this nonsense..come on the buddies....I posted this before the queens game obviously. I still stand by it. Wait till November and if cast adrift I'm sure the board will act. COYS

One league win since the cup final in unacceptable. Everyone keeps mentioning how we are only 3 games in but if you take into account the length of time we have went without a win and IMO we had a stronger squad last year then i cant see us improving very much. I feel sorry for Danny with the lack of finances he has to work with but he does himself no favors by playing players out of position and his poor tactical decisions not only at the start of the game but in general throughout ie poor starting line ups, lack of subs or formation changes throughout and subs at the wrong time of the game. IMO its time for a change while we still have a margin between us and hearts and the teams above us are still within a couple of points.

Danny & Tommy should stay.

When I look at team sheet & bench , those players are capable of being in top 3 in the league on paper.

At this moment , Hearts have nothing to fear. I do think though that we will click over next few weeks and our season will begin in earnest. It is just hard at this moment to envisage that granted , but that's why we support the team , good and bad , this is the bad & the good will follow.

Danny Lennon will always be considered a legend as he was the manager that led the club to winning the League Cup for the first time, and for that the fans are forever grateful, but the woeful start to the season and 1 league win in 2013, as well as those 6 straight league defeats towards the end of 2012 is not good managerial material, and for that I have to say that Danny Lennon should do the honourable thing and resign as a manager, even his post match interview last night on Radio Scotland, he did not sound confident for his own future at St Mirren.

If he does go then who would we bring in? Anyone but Paul Hartley!

We should try and get in a manager who has at least 10 years of managerial experience, or someone who hasn't done the rounds in Scotland, would like to see someone from South of the border coming in, there are plenty of out work English managers available who jump at the chance to come to St Mirren.

Danny & Tommy should stay.

When I look at team sheet & bench , those players are capable of being in top 3 in the league on paper.

At this moment , Hearts have nothing to fear. I do think though that we will click over next few weeks and our season will begin in earnest. It is just hard at this moment to envisage that granted , but that's why we support the team , good and bad , this is the bad & the good will follow.

I respect your opinion but honestly dont see myself a team on paper that can finish anywhere near top 3!

Goalkeeper - Inexperienced/nervous - Cornell has not been good enough. Whether he is just finding his feet or not remains to be seen but im not convinced he has the ability. Hope im wrong.

Defenders - Left back - I think we have a good LB in grainger but no cover

Right Back - Aging DVZ needing replaced could still do a job

CB - McGregor doesnt look the same player. McAusland and Mair not good enough and goodwin is not a defender

Midfield - I reckon we have a good midfield but most of which are being played out of position

Strikers - Thompson and thats it!!!

Edited by archie gemmo

Yes, How much of a moral boost would it be if Danny and the team were cheered and supported from leaving the tunnel and getting on the pitch till the full time whistle.

We have supported St Mirren through worse times and need to remember its 3 weeks into the season. I am not happy we are out the cup at the first game we played, however still got the scottish cup and being out means less midweek games, with a small squad this may be a godsend in the league.

Look at how the press slaughrered and continue to slaughter Arsen Wegner after 1 loss, the press and fans have over inflates senses of expectation. Realisticly 34 points will keep us up and we should reach that.

Yes, How much of a moral boost would it be if Danny and the team were cheered and supported from leaving the tunnel and getting on the pitch till the full time whistle.

We have supported St Mirren through worse times and need to remember its 3 weeks into the season. I am not happy we are out the cup at the first game we played, however still got the scottish cup and being out means less midweek games, with a small squad this may be a godsend in the league.

Look at how the press slaughrered and continue to slaughter Arsen Wegner after 1 loss, the press and fans have over inflates senses of expectation. Realisticly 34 points will keep us up and we should reach that.

I think its more the fact we have won 1 game in the league in 2013 rather than the last 3 games that us as fans are concerned about!

Yippee! 23 threads asking for our manager to be sacked after a few games and now a POLL.

All my Christmasses have come at once.

Thank you Lex.

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much.

If it weren't for you, the keyboard clatterers, who don't actually go to games, would have no voice at all.

Neither would all the brand new multiple aliases who've miraculously sprung up in the last 3 weeks.

In my excitement I null-ed my vote! I hope Div can reset my vote because I'm frantic that my vote will be unheard in this crucial but life affirming poll.

Threads, polls........the only thing missing from the holy trinity of online twattery is a tweet campaign targetting the board.

Our "fans" are an utter embarassment and have turned our club into a laughing stock.

Why would any player want to come here after reading this forum.

Yippee! 23 threads asking for our manager to be sacked after a few games and now a POLL.

All my Christmasses have come at once.

Thank you Lex.

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much.

If it weren't for you, the keyboard clatterers, who don't actually go to games, would have no voice at all.

Neither would all the brand new multiple aliases who've miraculously sprung up in the last 3 weeks.

In my excitement I null-ed my vote! I hope Div can reset my vote because I'm frantic that my vote will be unheard in this crucial but life affirming poll.

Threads, polls........the only thing missing from the holy trinity of online twattery is a tweet campaign targetting the board.

Our "fans" are an utter embarassment and have turned our club into a laughing stock.

Why would any player want to come here after reading this forum.

Relax, it's only football.

Relax, it's only football.

Yes it is and I've already forgotten about every game we've played up till now.

Unfortunately a few aliases are trying to keep the flames going and we can't get peace from it.

I'm also aware that we're also talking about a man's livelihood and his health and we have a responsibility to calm this down a bit and be a bit more considerate.

Danny will either leave our club or stay. Either way it won't be our decision so why don't you just leave it the board instead of constantly going on about it? Gie us all peace.

Edited by oaksoft

No, last nights result puts him past the point of no return. Really since Ayr Utd. came and parked the bus and put us out the LC just shy of two years ago it's been "no Plan B" and diminishing returns. His tactics have been sussed and he's refused to do anything about it and effectively sacrificed himself on the alter of "playing the right way". Last seasons cup win was a glorious blip in an otherwise depressing and worsening trend - come in Lennon yer times up!

Yes it is and I've already forgotten about every game we've played up till now.

Unfortunately a few aliases are trying to keep the flames going and we can't get peace from it.

I'm also aware that we're also talking about a man's livelihood and his health and we have a responsibility to calm this down a bit and be a bit more considerate.

Jeezuz wept what a drama queen. A mans livelihood and health?? For a man who's earned a substantial amount from us over the last 3 years and has a contract for another 8 months, forgive me for not being overly concerned. I'm sure he's not going to end up in the soup kitchen.

You're so easily wound up by everything, it's your health I'm worried about more than anything. Go relax, take a lie down, it's only a game.

I'm quite surprised at the results actually. Of the 48 people who've voted so far 56% think he should not remain as manager, i was expecting that figure to be higher.

I'm not surprised, just because a few dozen people are going mad online doesn't mean everyone feels this way.

There weren't too many boos or Lennon GTF shouts heard at full time last night.

I've got a sore arse, I haven't answered yet as I'm still on the fence.

Saturday is massive, I'll vote on Saturday night :P

Edited by davidg

I still back DL although with each passing day we don't sign a striker, and with each game we don't win, it is getting harder to fight his corner.

Dl is getting it tight at the moment and a lot of the criticism coming his way is justified although I think there are more problems at our club than just the managers tactics.

Get a striker (or 2) in, give us a strong performance and a victory on Saturday and use that as a defibrillator to get our season back to life. Failure to do both and I can see no way back.

Come on Danny and the players, now is the time to show us what you are made of