Should Danny Stay?

Lex

Danny Lennon  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm shocked there are so many fans still behind Lennon - obviously haven't been to any league games over the past year smile.png

I've missed very few.

I'm completely behind the manager, mainly because I know for a fact that there is people causing problems at the club and it's the manager paying the price for it. Don't get me wrong, Lennon has his flaws but he's a genuinely good manager and I think he'll go onto better things when he leaves us. He's been made the puppet/smokescreen and the actual problem does not lie with him, there's a similar situation down South with Alan Pardew at Newcastle.

Lets calm down 4 weeks into the season although the manager is the one who sets the tactics it is up to him to sort but I feel the players haven't been good enough and games so far have been a lot of bad luck mixed with defensive errors if we look at Ross county game we didn't look that bad a good goal a penalty rebound and one cheap one but we weren't bad the Inverness was a catalogue of bad defending is bad defending the managers fault not really

Lets calm down 4 weeks into the season although the manager is the one who sets the tactics it is up to him to sort but I feel the players haven't been good enough and games so far have been a lot of bad luck mixed with defensive errors if we look at Ross county game we didn't look that bad a good goal a penalty rebound and one cheap one but we weren't bad the Inverness was a catalogue of bad defending is bad defending the managers fault not really

This has been going on for 6 months not 4 weeks!

it's like going into work in a Bakers Shop and the Manager asking the customers if you should be sacked.

get this pish moved mods.

If your cakes and pastries were crap, then the customers would say yes (if the shop still had any customers when the product was crap).

However, I'd leave this poll up, so we can all see who was on which side of the fence when Danny either turns it around or drops us a division.

For that reason I did vote (Danny should stay)

I've missed very few.

I'm completely behind the manager, mainly because I know for a fact that there is people causing problems at the club and it's the manager paying the price for it. Don't get me wrong, Lennon has his flaws but he's a genuinely good manager and I think he'll go onto better things when he leaves us. He's been made the puppet/smokescreen and the actual problem does not lie with him, there's a similar situation down South with Alan Pardew at Newcastle.

If you know "for a fact" that there is something going on behind the scenes that's causing problems and making things very difficult for DL then maybe if you elaborated more people would get behind him!!

Edited by WeeBud

I see this sad and poor thread husnae been binned yet.

So, since the League Cup began in 1946, we have been beaten in it in every Season, apart from 2012/13.

Now the knickerwetters want to sack the man who gave us the day of our lifes by winning that damn Trophy.

Sick !

Made my vote, was going to wait until after Saturday but have stuck with my gut feeling.

I don't doubt his ability to pick the team and set the tactics, he has proved he is capable of doing so with some very good results. My problem with Danny at the moment is his dealings in the transfer market and our wafer thin squad. I'm not too comfortable with the goalkeeping situation this season either. If things go pete tong he's brought it on himself because of this IMO.

Voted stay for now but if we fail to improve the squad before the window shuts then this was the wrong vote..

Edited by davidg

Everything changes if we get a good win on Saturday with a good performance to go with it. Anything else and it will start to look very, very bleak for Danny.

I'm not quite at the level of "SACK THE MANAGER" but I'm very concerned. I'll probably have a much more reinforced opinion after Saturday.

I'm shocked there are so many fans still behind Lennon - obviously haven't been to any league games over the past year smile.png

Primarily, I'm behind St Mirren - all the way. Sacking the Manager at this point in time would be a bad move for the club. If things have not improved by November / December, then there will be changes for sure, and rightly so, as that would be best for the Club. Never cut off your nose just to spite your face, as my old Granny used to say when I visited her in Dykebar.

I've missed very few.

I'm interested by your comments (care to elaborate on the "troublemakers"?) and agree that something is not right behind the scenes, However I'm miles away from being convinced that Lennon is anything but an average manager who should be plying his trade in the 1st or 2nd Division. Should also point out that Pardew steered Newcastle to 5th in the EPL 2 seasons ago and 5th bottom last year, not quite 2nd bottom (although he hasn't won a cup!).

Good to see once we remove the multiple alias poster and the halfwit that names himself after spain's worst town we are all backing danny lennon.

This is about long term progression as a community club that brings through young players.

By god, saturday is a massive game. I hope goodwin, thompson and teale deliver.

Primarily, I'm behind St Mirren - all the way. Sacking the Manager at this point in time would be a bad move for the club. If things have not improved by November / December, then there will be changes for sure, and rightly so, as that would be best for the Club. Never cut off your nose just to spite your face, as my old Granny used to say when I visited her in Dykebar.

I really wish I had your optimism, but I'm afraid DL provides me with no confidence in his ability to motivate the players and lift us up the league to where I, and many others, think we should be. By November/December we may well be toiling at the foot of the table, having watched Thommo play up front on his own every week and Hearts overtaken us. I really wish I could support Danny, I've thought about it logically, I want him to do well, but I've concluded in my own mind that he should move on.

I really wish I had your optimism, but I'm afraid DL provides me with no confidence in his ability to motivate the players and lift us up the league to where I, and many others, think we should be. By November/December we may well be toiling at the foot of the table, having watched Thommo play up front on his own every week and Hearts overtaken us. I really wish I could support Danny, I've thought about it logically, I want him to do well, but I've concluded in my own mind that he should move on.

Fair comment and sensibly put. It's a pity that not everybody on here can post in disagreement with another post without assuming and suggesting that the person responsible for the previous post has to be a knicker-wetter, a happy-clapper or just a fud.

I'm basing my outlook on where we are right now. The transfer window will close when we play Thistle and so, for me, it would be a bad time to bring in somebody new and expose him to the pressure of trying to resolve the situation at hand with a bunch of players he can't change or add to.

If the transfer window did not close for another two or three weeks, then I would go with replacing Danny after Saturday if we were to lose to Thistle. But that is not the case, so I say give him 3 more months and I do hope he turns it around.

I've never been 100% convinced by DL's managerial abilities. However, I've never doubted his commitment to the club and the respect he's shown towards our support. Sadly this is a level of respect that doesn't appear to have been reciprocated by a group of individuals who claim to "support" the club. Although, to be fair they've been consistent over the years in their abuse of players and managers alike.

As long as we remain in touch with Killie, Ross County and Hearts, DL should be given a chance to turn things around. However, I'm not convinced he can, but I do hope he does.

If he doesn't sign a decent striker before Friday, the he'll have put himself in a very difficult position.

Good to see once we remove the multiple alias poster and the halfwit that names himself after spain's worst town we are all backing danny lennon.

This is about long term progression as a community club that brings through young players.

By god, saturday is a massive game. I hope goodwin, thompson and teale deliver.

Can't think what towbn in Spain you're referring to but it is interesting to see that at worst the fanbase on here is split right down the middle. Certainly minus the multiple aliases there's going to be a small majority in favour of keeping him.

I honestly thought that given the amount of abuse we'd see 90% for sacking him.

Just goes to show that the loudest aren't always holding the popular view.