Thanks For Everything Danny

Lex

ligthen up, for god's sake

Listen mate, I know you're pro-Lennon and that's fine but even the staunchest DL supporter has to be taking stock tonight. We were shambolic today and things have been poor for some time now. Sometimes a new face with different ideas is what a struggling club needs. It might just be time to cut ties and move on.

danny is getting nothing out of the squad ,like most on here I think he genuinely likes the club ,but unfortunately results and performances are well below a standard he set,if I though he could get us out of this rut I would say give him more time but nothing I have seen since the 18th march has said we are moving forward (or even staying at a decent level )we are getting worse with majority of supporters resigned to losing before the game even starts,

Can't disagree. I've had enough.

I've backed him and backed him and backed him, but results and performances don't lie. He's lost the plot today.

Time to go.

Will I must say then that if you have lost faith in our Mr Lennon then his time is well and truly up.

I have felt for some time now that wee Daniel is now failing in his duties and has a job that is somewhat beyond him. Unlike you (and the Shullmeister general) I do not have the seemingly endless patience that you and the Shullmeister of Paisleyshire have in abundance. The endless patience is a quality.

The fact is that if someone like Div has run out of patience then wee Dan the league cup winning man has damaged his reputation amongst our support to such a degree that is most likely beyond repair, beyond repair indeed.

My humble observation is that he now makes more tactical blunder's than reasonable decisions these days and the longer this is allowed to continue then I am afraid our position is only likely to worsen. Too much has gone on now the next step is glaringly obvious.

When the inevitable axe is swung I anticipate the following reaction

"Thank you for the cup win. You will forever be fondly remembered in my hometown. I am sorry it didn't work out as we all hoped but we (hopefully) both went on to bigger and better things. The coveted top six finish was always going to be beyond you and it is to your credit that you stood down allowing the reigns to be handed to the now legendry ............................... who managed my club impeccably and took us to the heights that none of us ever even expected. Take care of yourself Danny"

Edited by TediousTom

I can't see him getting the sack quite yet, I feel the board will stand by him for a wee while.

I wouldn't if I was on the board, I think it's time for change.

I hope I can say thanks for proving me wrong in a few months time when we climb the table, I really hope this will be the case.

Edited by davidg

Back at the start of 1979/80 Saints had a bad start to the season. We'd failed to win in the league and been papped out the League Cup by lower league opposition. The Paisley Daily Express ran an article asking punters around Paisley why things had gone so wrong. One Saints fans claimed it was the worst St. Mirren side he'd ever seen. You can check the copy of this paper up in the Central Library. It was the paper based equivalent of today's forum witch hunt.

We finished the season 3rd, the highest ever placing in the club's history, qualified for Europe for the first time ever and were still in the hunt to actually win the league right into April.

Danny Lennon won us the League Cup for the first time in our entire history. He led us to our highest SPL finish ever.

He will undoubtedly turn things around. I'm backing him all the way.

Bahoken will prove to be the ace who turns things around!

Back at the start of 1979/80 Saints had a bad start to the season. We'd failed to win in the league and been papped out the League Cup by lower league opposition. The Paisley Daily Express ran an article asking punters around Paisley why things had gone so wrong. One Saints fans claimed it was the worst St. Mirren side he'd ever seen. You can check the copy of this paper up in the Central Library. It was the paper based equivalent of today's forum witch hunt.

We finished the season 3rd, the highest ever placing in the club's history, qualified for Europe for the first time ever and were still in the hunt to actually win the league right into April.

Danny Lennon won us the League Cup for the first time in our entire history. He led us to our highest SPL finish ever.

And he cast his line into the water.

Back at the start of 1979/80 Saints had a bad start to the season. We'd failed to win in the league and been papped out the League Cup by lower league opposition. The Paisley Daily Express ran an article asking punters around Paisley why things had gone so wrong. One Saints fans claimed it was the worst St. Mirren side he'd ever seen. You can check the copy of this paper up in the Central Library. It was the paper based equivalent of today's forum witch hunt.

It's just a shame we can't bring in Bone, Weir and Fulton who all missed that initial four game spell.

I'm pleased by the theme of the thread. He's been here 3 and a bit years now...

We all agree Danny's had a good innings. We all agree Danny will be remembered fondly by fans of the football club after the cup win.

We mostly agree that it's now time to move on. At this stage, both parties can move on with dignity.

Danny can move on with the CV improvement of winning a cup and securing us a record SPL finish.

St Mirren can move on with the knowledge that they gave Danny every chance to consistently improve our league form, without success.

Both parties retain dignity at this stage. If they let it drag on both parties (BoD and DL) will endanger that dignity.

This is why it's best for all concerned if we all now say thank you and good bye, then we all move on with heads held high.

This thread should become a tribute to Danny Lennons tenure at St Mirren, and a thread where we wish the gentleman all the best in his future endeavours.

Thanks Danny.

It's just a shame we can't bring in Bone, Weir and Fulton who all missed that initial four game spell.

Aha... someone with a long memory!!

Mind you, I don't think that Fulton & Weir so much as "missed" the start of that season but rather were promoted from the reserves and replaced Andy Dunlop & John Dempster (who we'd just paid £30k for from QoS!)

We don't appear to have any Mark Fulton's or Peter Weir's lurking about in the reserves these days!

Jimmy Bone of course came back from a stint playing in the US!

I'm pleased by the theme of the thread. He's been here 3 and a bit years now...

We all agree Danny's had a good innings. We all agree Danny will be remembered fondly by fans of the football club after the cup win.

We mostly agree that it's now time to move on. At this stage, both parties can move on with dignity.

Danny can move on with the CV improvement of winning a cup and securing us a record SPL finish.

St Mirren can move on with the knowledge that they gave Danny every chance to consistently improve our league form, without success.

Both parties retain dignity at this stage. If they let it drag on both parties (BoD and DL) will endanger that dignity.

This is why it's best for all concerned if we all now say thank you and good bye, then we all move on with heads held high.

This thread should become a tribute to Danny Lennons tenure at St Mirren, and a thread where we wish the gentleman all the best in his future endeavours.

Thanks Danny.

Nonsense Lex!

Danny will turn things around!

Listen mate, I know you're pro-Lennon and that's fine but even the staunchest DL supporter has to be taking stock tonight. We were shambolic today and things have been poor for some time now. Sometimes a new face with different ideas is what a struggling club needs. It might just be time to cut ties and move on.

I'm not particlularly pro-lennon. i am a realist, he is not going to be sacked any time soon and the negativity from many is childish and destructive. no team has a divine right to win every game and anything that involves people will go astray from time to time. the hallmark of dignity and maturity is to hold fast and try and work it out, not sack every fukker's ass whenever the balloon goes up.

The weasel words of the OP are a disgrace, simply rubbing salt in the wounds if his dreams come true and wee danny is sacked.

I've said before, civilisation is a thin veneer and we are seeing that now. Terry Butcher is held up as an example by some, take a look at this extract from wikipedia.

On 27 January 2009, Butcher was appointed manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, signing an 18-month contract.[24] Butcher was joined in Inverness by Maurice Malpas as his assistant manager. In May 2009, Inverness were relegated from the Scottish Premier League. In November 2009 George Burley was sacked as Scotland manager and at the same time Butcher left by mutual consent.

After a bad start to the 2009/10 First Division league campaign, Butcher managed to turn things around for Inverness. The turning point many see as being the win against his former club, Motherwell, in the cup. By the end of March, Butcher had guided his club from 16 points behind league leaders Dundee, to 4 points ahead and top of the Scottish First Division. He was awarded the "Irn Bru Phenomenal" manager of the month award for March.[25] Inverness won the Irn Bru First Division on 21 April after Dundee were beaten 1–0 by Raith Rovers clinching Inverness's return to the Scottish Premier League.

Standing by DL just now might just be the making of him and our club. Remember that somebody has to come last and as a small club our turn for that comes around more often than we might like, but probably just as often as we deserve. It doesnt mean we have to abandon our dignity and humanity, we should be showing the best of ourselves just now but I honestly despair of the behaviour of some posters.

and finally, before i watch the recording of Richard Prior and open that wee bottle of Rioja, After seeing the owner of this forum call for the manager's sacking, the nasty part of me hopes that DL tells div to take a flying f**k to himself next time he asks for info or an interview. But i suspect that DL is some way better than that and I should be too.

good-night all. KTF and FTOF (whilst trying not to be like them)

Edited by beyond our ken

Clearly this run of results is not a blip. We are spinning downwards out of control, the players have totally lost confidence in themselves and the manager, our next victory could coincide with the next sighting of Halley's comet, and Danny Lennon is not the man to fix it. The BoD must delay no more, he has to go immediately.

Clearly this run of results is not a blip. We are spinning downwards out of control, the players have totally lost confidence in themselves and the manager, our next victory could coincide with the next sighting of Halley's comet, and Danny Lennon is not the man to fix it. The BoD must delay no more, he has to go immediately.

Any idea if SG has the Wonga to pay off Lennon or were you looking to chip in?