Thanks For Everything Danny

Lex

we'll regret getting rid of Danny.  look at the success that other manager, Gus MacPherson, has went on to have.

Tom Hendrie too, another genius who was wrongly sacrificed!

Danny is found out, signings aside from obvious or agent driven have been pish, tactics are all over the place and the interviews are becoming patronising.

Reading reports of assholes and abusive individuals in W1 and W2. Are these stadium sections or indications of how many league games we might win this season?

There's one particular guy in W1 who is obviously only coming to games whilst awaiting the right big club job to become available.

No wait, I mean he's an arse!

Any idea if SG has the Wonga to pay off Lennon or were you looking to chip in?

I always think this is a strange concept.

In my job, if someone's not performing they will be managed accordingly. Have objectives set, expectations clarified, and timescales for improvement agreed. If they continue to under-perform, eventually they will lose their job.

Why should being manager of a football team be any different?

There's one particular guy in W1 who is obviously only coming to games whilst awaiting the right big club job to become available.

No wait, I mean he's an arse!

Is this the guy in a black baseball cap who was at Dumfries and was like a jack in the box, up and down wanting a square go with the spotty herbert kids in the QoTS support?

Yup, we affectionately call him Mr Angry.

He hardly watched the game at Queens. He was looking at his iPhone every two seconds, and only looked up long enough to hurl abuse at anyone who had the misfortune to mis-hit a pass or make a mistake. His taunting of daft boys waving their shoes and singing 'SPL you're having a laugh' was cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Knob. IMHO. In case Somner9 gets uppity about it.

He hardly watched the game at Queens. He was looking at his iPhone every two seconds, and only looked up long enough to hurl abuse at anyone who had the misfortune to mis-hit a pass or make a mistake. His taunting of daft boys waving their shoes and singing 'SPL you're having a laugh' was cringeworthy and embarrassing.

Knob. IMHO. In case Somner9 gets uppity about it.

If the players were to listen to him we'd be down to 5 men after 20 mins..."hit him...nail him...take him out...". Constantly wanting the keeper to kick when it's 1 on 4 up top, demanding players chase everything...like some amateur coach on speed with tourette's.

what a load of bull shit. Get rid of the players who have got complacent first, ok they won a league cup but they have done sod all since then. McLean ? bye bye. McGowan ? bye bye. Thommo ? bye bye. You can;t live on memories, either you want more or you think you;re better than you've shown over the last few games.

Don't blame the manager for players who don't a give a shit any longer.

There is no way that the BoD will sack Danny while the League Cup is still sitting in the boardroom.

Try telling that to Alex Smith who we sacked in 1988 with the Scottish Cup still gleaming in the Love Street trophy cabinet..

what a load of bull shit. Get rid of the players who have got complacent first, ok they won a league cup but they have done sod all since then. McLean ? bye bye. McGowan ? bye bye. Thommo ? bye bye. You can;t live on memories, either you want more or you think you;re better than you've shown over the last few games.

If that's the case he shouldn't put them on the team sheet. He should t have offered new deals. He's got to pick a team he trusts.

Everyone is hurting and the players and manager need to accept responsibility, not one or the other IMO.

The BoD aren't daft. They will be concerned about protecting the value of their investment - and so they should be. Danny Lennon isn't daft either. He will be concerned about his future employability - and so he should be.

Assuming Danny doesn't resign therefore...

I expect both parties to meet on Monday morning to thrash out a mutual consent agreement.

I look forward to the announcement on Monday evening.

It's any manager's job to get the best out of the people who work for them.

When you're a manager, you're only as good as your poorest member of staff.

The BoD aren't daft. They will be concerned about protecting the value of their investment - and so they should be. Danny Lennon isn't daft either. He will be concerned about his future employability - and so he should be.

I expect both parties to meet on Monday morning to thrash out a mutual consent agreement.

Can't see it, they'll stick with him.

I think I tend to agree with you on this one Lex.

And you have never been wrong.

I look forward to Tuesday's news .

I think you are being a bit harsh there but you make a valid point. If I am honest and I look through our squad right now player by player I see lots of problems....The magic manager change will not make them go away!

And good luck in the future. You leave the club as a cup winning legend, unfortunately it never worked out from there.

Post your favourite memories of the Danny Lennon era here.

Lex, with all due respect, our opinions on this matter are polarised, and I'm not going to even start trying to change your mind on the subject.

However, to highlight the difficulties of being St.Mirren Manager I would like to point out that Danny did exactly as you asked in the second half.

Bahoken off for Teale - 1-0 Saints. Harkins off for McGowan - like gaining two players was the summary of your comments. Followed by: we've now got our strongest 11 at the club on the park.

Even though I wasn't at the game, we all know what happened next.

Mcausland out in town tonight not a care in the world whilst his manager fights for his job. Despite a great improvement in mark he has been horrendous this season

Footballers have a life too but it really perturbs me to see this kind of thing. DvZ and others continually tweet away as if it doesn't matter what's happening on the pitch. Obviously it's a free world but they come across as not giving a flying f*ck

Mcausland out in town tonight not a care in the world whilst his manager fights for his job. Despite a great improvement in mark he has been horrendous this season

I don't think he's horrendous, not easy covering two strikers and your central defensive partner. He's not a ball playing defender, but Danny still asks him to be.

And good luck in the future. You leave the club as a cup winning legend, unfortunately it never worked out from there.

Post your favourite memories of the Danny Lennon era here.

Can't see danny quitting, so we need a strong board decision to make the change now and try and stop the first team regressing any further. Edited by barney

This thread is bad enough without this completely stupid post ^^^ the game finished at 4-45 and the boy is entitled to do whatever he likes. What young person doesn't go out of a weekend to have a few drinks and unwind.