Booing Your Team, Ffs!

Drew

I've certainly lost control of my bodily functions, but that's what years of following St Mirren does to you.

Anyway, it is a privilege to serve this proud forum and its wonderful members, and I will relish the challenge going forward into this working week. Drew is a fighter, he's got plenty of irons in his bow. Pressure isn't a tangible thing, you can't grab a hold of it, but, first and foremost, I believe I have quality posts that I can trust.

I'm not naive, I know that the forum is a results driven business, but I know I can turn things round and achieve more than 20 likes to my posts again.

I think you've overstretched the knicker elastic on that last bit I've highlighted.

The loud snap was unmistakeable.

The other side could be fans just not turning up ,then it hits the club financially .I agree that if fans want to boo ,do it at the end ,but we do pay our money and if we feel unhappy do have the choice to express our opinions ,though personal abuse of players etc is at times away OTT .

This is already happening, my brother and my best bud haven't been to a game this season and were pretty much absent from the end of season games too.

Why are they staying away?

My brother has a 4 hour round trip for home games and does not enjoy what is on show, that's good enough for me.

My bud is totally disillusioned with the pre-season (lies, buy season ticket early for players budget) shenanigans, the lack of preparation for the season i.e scrambling around at the last minute for players.

The latest signing we made sounded like DL had only seen him on DVD, that isn't good enough. I could look decent on a 5 minute youtube compilation. I'm not saying SB is a bad signing , just that it's rushed to say the least.

Anyway, back to my point (sure there was one...lol)

Fans are already choosing to stay away, my brother and pal have supported the saints since primary school, they're a damn site nearer 50 than 40, and don't want to go now anymore! something's wrong.

On a side note, well the main topic.

Nothing wrong with booing at halftime or fulltime.

If you think there is....well.........your just a wee bit too precious or from the wrong demographic - mr oaksoft?

Disgraceful. Drew has given us some of the best posts we've read as St Mirren fans in a generation. Have you all forgotten his slick wordplay earlier in the season? Short memories indeed. OK, so some of his output recently has bordered on 'whataboutery' - but we should give him until January before demanding Div swings the axe and closes his account. If we bag Drew, who would we get in his place? A shite alias, that's what.

Be careful what you wish for. Get behind Drew, don't boo him... certainly not halfway through his post anyway. Booing after the final full stop is fair game. Maybe all he needs is a six month loan to the Dumbarton fan forum.

Call yourselves St Mirren fans? Disgrace.

We are all Drew.

I've certainly lost control of my bodily functions, but that's what years of following St Mirren does to you.

Anyway, it is a privilege to serve this proud forum and its wonderful members, and I will relish the challenge going forward into this working week. Drew is a fighter, he's got plenty of irons in his bow. Pressure isn't a tangible thing, you can't grab a hold of it, but, first and foremost, I believe I have quality posts that I can trust.

I'm not naive, I know that the forum is a results driven business, but I know I can turn things round and achieve more than 20 likes to my posts again.

Yer gettin' there. Must be the sympathy vote!lol.gif

I wouldn't mind if your next post was untidy, bad grammar, and I would even accept bad spelling, as long as it gets you back getting 3 likes.

It's a results driven world.

No references to hyenas, jungles or lions? Drew must go, IMO.

Maybe work better with real people at the Kings or Pavilion?....."Hawl... Phantom!....aye you ya  cnut ..... opera!....Your were fcukin' pish and I want that Webber prick sacked!

you can get away with it in the stand comedy club providing you are quick witted enough to not get a roasting off whoever is on stage.

Its the dreaded vote of confidence next.

Sounds like that is exactly what has happened. The board are going to back Danny and help him out.

Danny is staying. Thank f**k for that. The last thing we need right now is to be faffing around trying to entice a new manager.

Will be glad to see the end of these tedious threads.

I still think your jacket is on a sticky wicket, but I am right behind you and will strive to give 110% support in your quest for 20 likes.

Slagging off the fans in the Daily Record seems like a good way to stop that.

How is that slagging off the fans Kemp?? If it happened it is nothing more than an account of what's been happening, and if it has been happening then whoever has been abusing folk in the street needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

How is that slagging off the fans Kemp?? If it happened it is nothing more than an account of what's been happening, and if it has been happening then whoever has been abusing folk in the street needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

think he also says his mates are slagging him as well ,shame on them telling the truth really

Pretty shameful really.

There's not a nice atmosphere in the town at the moment with regards to our team, and it's getting worse. There's no excuse for abusing players in the street though.

I can only imagine what things will be like if Lennon's still in charge come the Motherwell game.

think he also says his mates are slagging him as well ,shame on them telling the truth really

Its no surprise to hear you coming away with this line. There is a school of thought that psychology and confidence can do wonders for sportspeople's performance and results; eg Jim McLean and Alex Ferguson got Dundee United and Aberdeen punching above their weight in Scotland and in Europe in the 80's partly through convincing their players they could be worldbeaters - both managers had some class players in their squads as well as guys who would be seen as hard grafting utility no frills types.

At the minute all I am seeing online from most St Mirren fans is calls for Lennon to be sacked, Craig to be sacked, Gilmour to resign and take the rest of the BoD with him (... and then what? -No one has come up with a good enough offer in almost 4 years to buy the club and have money to invest after buying the majority shareholding) and that all our players are either shit in the first place or not trying so Lennon can be binned.and someone clued-up (rather than clueless) can takeover as manager. There are also many who are saying even if a new manager comes in his hands are tied until January and he'll have to work with DL's squad and we may not be able to rescue our season with 34 games and 102 points left to play for.

Can I suggest that abusing players in the street, booing them on and off the pitch,doesn't actually do their confidence and performance any good.

What we need now is a new banner at the roundabout in Houston telling the Thommohawk to keep believing! At this rate what we are more likely to get is an online poll looking in to why Thommohawk should or should not ever be St Mirren manager (no doubt many St Mirren fans would post saying Thommo would be a failure as a manager,long before he ever gets the job or has his first game as a manager!)

The only time I genuinely cringe during a DL press conference is when he repeatedly talks about wanting to do well to repay our "wonderful supporters"

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Pretty shameful really.

There's not a nice atmosphere in the town at the moment with regards to our team, and it's getting worse. There's no excuse for abusing players in the street though.

I can only imagine what things will be like if Lennon's still in charge come the Motherwell game.

I want Lennon to have time to turn it round, however if Saints did lose to Motherwell ( which I don't think we will) I think Lennon will resign forthwith.

Its no surprise to hear you coming away with this line. There is a school of thought that psychology and confidence can do wonders for sportspeople's performance and results; eg Jim McLean and Alex Ferguson got Dundee United and Aberdeen punching above their weight in Scotland and in Europe in the 80's partly through convincing their players they could be worldbeaters - both managers had some class players in their squads as well as guys who would be seen as hard grafting utility no frills types.

At the minute all I am seeing online from most St Mirren fans is calls for Lennon to be sacked, Craig to be sacked, Gilmour to resign and take the rest of the BoD with him (... and then what? -No one has come up with a good enough offer in almost 4 years to buy the club and have money to invest after buying the majority shareholding) and that all our players are either shit in the first place or not trying so Lennon can be binned.and someone clued-up (rather than clueless) can takeover as manager. There are also many who are saying even if a new manager comes in his hands are tied until January and he'll have to work with DL's squad and we may not be able to rescue our season with 34 games and 102 points left to play for.

Can I suggest that abusing players in the street, booing them on and off the pitch,doesn't actually do their confidence and performance any good.

What we need now is a new banner at the roundabout in Houston telling the Thommohawk to keep believing! At this rate what we are more likely to get is an online poll looking in to why Thommohawk should or should not ever be St Mirren manager.

Who's asking for Gilmour to resign? I've not seen anyone say that and i certainly hope it doesn't happen, that would be disastrous for the club.

I want Lennon to have time to turn it round, however if Saints did lose to Motherwell ( which I don't think we will) I think Lennon will resign forthwith.

I just don't want to see a repeat of the Hendrie/Fitz scenario. Both done fantastically well for the club in their own ways, but they stayed too long and their departure got ugly. I'd hate for that to happen with Danny, he's a nice guy and he deserves better than that.

Leaving now would be a smooth departure. Hanging on for a few more weeks is surely only delaying the inevitable. By staying on he's doing himself, the club, the fans and the players no favours. The last thing any of us want to see is mass protests in and around the ground, but it's heading that way.

Who's asking for Gilmour to resign? I've not seen anyone say that and i certainly hope it doesn't happen, that would be disastrous for the club.

There are a lot of comments on the match report for the Thistle game calling for Danny's head and taking a pop at Gilmour's running of the club. Or check the comments on the BBC Sport articles on St Mirren from the last week.

I just don't want to see a repeat of the Hendrie/Fitz scenario. Both done fantastically well for the club in their own ways, but they stayed too long and their departure got ugly. I'd hate for that to happen with Danny, he's a nice guy and he deserves better than that.

Leaving now would be a smooth departure. Hanging on for a few more weeks is surely only delaying the inevitable. By staying on he's doing himself, the club, the fans and the players no favours. The last thing any of us want to see is mass protests in and around the ground, but it's heading that way.

Oh, i'm sure there are a few on here who would be at the front of the queue. whistling.gif